It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns and Good Stuff

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
I realize that I probably don't know enough about the USA to have it all right, but that does not mean that the current way your administration deals with guns is the best way.

Which one of us ever said it was the best way? I didn't. See, the thing that we were talking about was our right to own them. The regulation and legalities of it are in great dispute and many people have many opinions about it.

There is even a good number of folks here that think the way you do. I've been to Holland, and it was great, but that way is not the way I want to live.

Most people talk about guns, gun laws, and responcibility way more than they ever even see a gun over here. Guns are majoritively used for home protection (which is kept unloaded, separate from the ammuntion, and in a safe or lockbox), hunting, and recreational shooting (at shooting ranges with paper targets). It seems that a number of people not from here think we carry them around like Homar Simpson using them to turn on TVs, open car windows, etc.

Come over here and see for yourself. I'm sure it will be an educational experience much like my trip to Holland (along with most other European Countries).

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
alright, so 40,000/200,000,000=.02% Still not a reason to take away the citizens rights to own guns so criminals and government can rule. America was built by war. America was defended by war. America had a ruling tyrant keep it down till they used guns to fight and win freedom. Americans like the fact that if needed we could kcik our governments ass. So far we have not needed to, but guess what? In the past, England would kill their leaders left and right. Gee, and Englands government banned guns, wonder why? Could it be that in the past you were lucky to die of old age if you were a king or queen? How many were beheaded, hanged, bleed to death, so forth by the people who they were oppressing. Our leaders know they try to do the same, we will do the same.
Same with France, did any of their royal members die of old age?

Just cause you people like being vunerable, weak, and the government's b*tches doesn't mean Americans do. We Americans are on guard for we had to deal with assholes trying to keep us in line in the past and we will not let it happen again. Now we are not worried that the leaders will declare martial law any time soon, but we like to know that if push came to shove, we could shove a few rounds down their throats.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
James, let me just point out again, because it doesn't look like you read the entire thread, I am not for gun control. Also, I like how you neglected to address the fact that you said 27,000 people in the UK die each year from guns and it is really 62. Also, you said 20,000 people are killed by guns each year in Australia and it is 59. What do you have to say to this? I can understand if you said 100 each, but you said over 20,000. As I also said before, when you do no research and post numbers blindly, you make yourself sound ignorant. Unless you are and just can't help it.

I own a freaking gun, and would never want that right taken from me. But we seriously have to look why so many people are killed by handguns each year in the US, there is no disputing that. It is a fact. I feel sorry for you, I really do

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Just cause you people like being vunerable, weak, and the government's b*tches doesn't mean Americans do. We Americans are on guard for we had to deal with assholes trying to keep us in line in the past and we will not let it happen again.

Maybe you can explain how any good can come of you owning a gun... The ignorance you brought to this thread is stunning, and since you can't seperate fiction from facts, or read others peoples posts, I really wonder wether it's a good idea to trust people like you with a gun.

Shouldn't there be some sort of more advanced test, to make sure very ignorant people like yourself are not allowed to have guns?

[edit on 28-6-2004 by Jakko]

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
You calling me a retard? You ask if it a good idea for me to have a gun, then talk about tests to make sure retards don't get guns. I think you are name calling again, and again, that is again't Pit rules.

Anyways, what good can come of me owning a gun? Well, keeps rodent problem away in my basement. It means if a criminal came into my home I could shoot to kill and make sure my # stays my #. It means if say, the republicans decided to declare martial law and try to take away our rights, me and millions of Americans can fight back and keep our rights like freedom of speech, religon, press, own guns, vote, so forth. I could actually see Bush and the republicans declaring martial law before the election to make sure they stay in power incase Kerry starts to get major support.

Don't you know your past? In your past you killed leaders every time you got pissy. In the past you didn't like what your leader did you killed them. In the past it wasn't good to be the king cause you wouldn't live to see old age, you would be killed by the people or an opponet. We, thee Americans realize that we like the ability to know that if we have to we can take back the country. Unlike you people now that could be held hostage by a 100 year old guy with a BB gun, we if we had to or needed to, WE could take the country back from a tyrant. Think about what would happen in Cuba if the people all had a gun? They would overthrow Castro and stop being the governments bitches.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
James, your ignorance befuddles me. No one has called you a retard as you put it. In fact no one has called you a name at all. Ignorant is an adjective, you should try looking it up. You are the one who posted those rediculous stats of the gun deaths each year in Australia and the UK each year. I guess you will not address that fact even though I have brought it to your attention twice now. THAT IS IGNORANT! How is being called ignorant name calling?

Edit: James, you shoot your gun at rodents in your basement? That doesn't sound very safe. I think that is the point other people were trying to make. You sound like an unsafe person with a gun.

[edit on 6-27-2004 by nyarlathotep]

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Hmmmm, not called a name? but calling people who own guns retards isn't name calling? And why don't I answer your questions about my stats? Well, Jakko dodges on the topic yet you don't call him ignorant. So why am I ignorant? Are you Jakko's other name?

And shooting rats with a .22 isn't dangerous if you have carpeted floor. Now if it was concrete or linoleum it would richochet and be dangerous. I know this for I learned about guns. Unlike you/Jakko(if you are different people) who go "I don't know anything about guns except I hate them" I learned all about them. I know that if you shoot at something hard the bullet will richochet while a soft object will absorb the bullet and keep it from richocheting.(sp?) So it isn't dangerous. And if you are so worried about danger, then BAN #ING CARS, KNIVES, PILLOWS, SHARP PENCILS, BASEBALL BATS, HAMMERS, HEAVY BOOKS, BROKEN DOORKNOBS, SCREWDRIVERS, ROPE, BELTS, FORKS, HEAVY METAL PANS, GLASS, STICKS, CLUBS, HOT WATER, DOGS, LIGHTERS, MATCHES, GASOLINE, KEROSENE, SCARFS, OIL, 2x4, DICKS, BLANKETS, WATER, CHAIRS, NAILS, WRENCHES, HANDS, IDEAS, ANYTHING METAL, WOOD, PLASTIC, GLASS, AND ANYTHING ELSE THAT COULD BE DANGEROUS.

Well, they all dangerous, so why aren't you trying to ban them? They can all kill people, so they all dangerous, so why aren;t you trying to ban them? Hypocrits.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
James, go ahead and make any justification you want about shooting guns inside a house, soft floor or not. So EVERY single time the carpet will absorb it? As for calling me Jakko, again you display your ignorance so eloquently.

My question was directed at you and you continue to dodge it. If Jakko is dodging your questions, then take that up with him/her. I am done arguing with you, because it reminds me of the childish arguments that I have with my 8 year old son. Buh-bye.

Edit: I still guess you only read part of the posts, I AM NOT FOR BANNING GUNS!!! There I yelled. Do you understand?

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Yes, the carpet will absorb it everytime. It is called science. Just like if I jump out of a airplane I will fall, everytime. It is called science.

And why is it ignorant to think you might be Jakko? I was once accussed of being someone else, truth was accussed of being someone else, I wasn't, I think he was. And of all the people, only you, sounding just like Jakko, with Jakko suddenly MIA(he will psot soon after this, watch! just proves my conspiracy) say banning guns is good. Have you read any of the links I provided? All 13 of them? No, so be quiet until you do.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep
No one has called you a retard as you put it. In fact no one has called you a name at all.
Edit: James, you shoot your gun at rodents in your basement? That doesn't sound very safe. I think that is the point other people were trying to make. You sound like an unsafe person with a gun.

PLEASE STOP THE NAME CALLING THANX

[edit on 28-6-2004 by drunk]

[Edited on 28-6-2004 by drunk]

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
if i see this behavior go on any further in this thread i will lock this thread and trash it.

it stops NOW

this means EVERYONE

debate the issue or find something else to discuss in another thread or forum.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

Err Jakko called him a retard earlierARRRRRRRGGGGGGG STOP THE NAME CALLING HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO TELL YOU KIDS

Ok, so Jakko called him a name and was warned for it. So why are you yelling now? I haven't called him a name, nor has he been called a name since. Relax. BTW, I'm not a kid either.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I was yelling earlier cos i and other Mods are tired of having to tell people to stop the insults when it clearly states this at the top of every Mud Pit thread.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Yeah I received a warning from Banshee.
Allthough I'm not sure what post it applies to...
Hmmmm, I could just edit all of them.

It's probably because I'm dutch, that makes me unable to grasp the full meaning of retard as you understand it.
The translation of retarded in dutch is "achterlijk", which is not really calling someone names, basicly just saying someone is unaware of what's really going on, and not trying to find out either.

Which applies perfectly to James...
So retarded is not allowed, but ignorant is?
Just to make sure, I don't want to get another warning.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
You calling me a retard? You ask if it a good idea for me to have a gun, then talk about tests to make sure retards don't get guns. I think you are name calling again, and again, that is again't Pit rules.

I was not calling you a retard, even though you seem to have convinced the mods that I was, not that I am surprised by your -once again- stunning ignorance and lack of understanding other peoples posts.
But maybe you are able to answer this very simple question.
If someone (look it says "someone" not "you") who is very very dumb and very very silly (some could call it retarded), wants to own a gun to shoot at rats in his basement. Should he/she (once again, not you) be allowed to do that?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Whoa, this whole topic has gotten a little heated boys.

Let's just debate this another day. This thread has been tainted. Start a new one.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
KJ, I agree, this went from a discussion and bebate to a person even getting banned from the Pit. I will stop the discussion and never come back to this specific area for now. A new gun arguement may be restarted in the future, but for now it stops.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join