It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open letter to LEO, what will you choose

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
*laughing*

We don't issue tickets to get overtime to appear in court. We have to go to court, we do it on our own time... there is no pay involved.

We don't issue tickets all the time for every infraction because we are making a judgement call, plain and simple. We are trained to read body language, tone, and yes, even some psychology... so when we are asking you questions at a stop, it isn't because we don't know why we pulled you over, but rather so we can get a sense of the level of innocence or guilt, if there truly was a reason for any of this.

Why do you think so many warnings are given when there clearly was a violation?

Cops don't have monthly quotas... that, and I'm afraid to burst your bubbles, is against the law. We have statistics and performance evaluations that say "a certain number of officers will, in a 30 day time frame, ticket or apprehend x number of traffic violations". You can even see these statistics yourself, there's nothing being hidden. We don't go all crazy at the end of the month because we didn't make quota.

Also, LEOs are moving away from traditional police efforts, and are gearing towards community policing. What's that?

Look it up.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Originally posted by piemanhow much instruction does the average cop get in constitutional law?

I agree to an extent, but to answer your question, my department gets 16 hours a year on constitutional law, or any changes in case law.

In Wisconsin, we have about 40 hours in Constitutional Law... not to mention the hours of Courts and Jurisdiction, or Ethics, or or or or.

Depends on the area you live in, which state, stuff like that.

[edit on 2010/3/13 by The Soothsayer]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I just love these cops hero worship of themselves. Just look at what jesse ventura has said about our government [cops too] government cia sells coc aine for money for things needed. Dont dare say JESSE is a lier pigs either. tons of coc aine!!!!
Now the stupid cops fight the war on drugs that the government fuels. Now how dumb is that??
I know the police here in iron county are corrupt, these pigs let coc aine users off to narc on another, to narc on another and so on . Their resumes get bigger but coke is still out there. now its just pass the buck-the ones that dont narc , they get jail time. corruption, Plea bargin is a
very dirty word to me.

The district attorney and an officer were stopped by state patrol for speading down state with their lights on---thats right their lights on speeding back to this county. Later the same district attorney and a cop smashed up a squad new squad car they were sent to pick up --thats right buzzed up--finely fired -district attorney voted out.

Now get this , we have a kkk leader living here in my town, same one that was on the tv show of geraldo rivera's. claims he is head of kkk. Now the wife and i had an altercation with this kkk leader on the lake we both live on. He threatened to lynch wife when she called him the town joke. Tried to start fight,i just stood my ground and said take the first spitting in his face, but he was all talk and wouldnt throw the punch. Later we talked to the county cop [COULD BUT WONT NAME NAMES] he said that the clan leader would have to have a rope when he threatened my wife-could only charge him with disorderly conduct. Now the good part, this officer says we all would like to get rid of this kkk leader. Ya know if somebody could SLIP SOME POT BEHIND THE BAR HE OPPERATES, WE COULD GET HIM.
Did u get that??? he was basically asking me to bear false witness against this kkk leader-to plant drugs in his bar [COP KNOWS ME TO BE A POT HEAD] i do have a drug record. Thats the pigs-anything to advance their self hero worship no matter the cost. I refused him and gave him a dirty look and left. I have a hundred of stories about pigs since i smoke pot in a small town and never narc.

Now if this small town and county is this corrupt, i can just imagine what a city is like , where people dont even know each other because of size. I have hundreds of corrupt cop stories just from this little town to right a book. When u are a little over the law line in the sand [pot head] you really get to know how the pigs and how the system opperates.
Like our government And military, the pigs get corrupted because they are animals to their emotions just like we, most on drugs, legal or not , most drink, then let drunks go driving around every wknd. Cant stake out a bar-hell no, the chamber of commerce would kick their ass--Hippocrits all, just like us.
You see when a cop tells somebody to plant drugs, to drink themselves, to plea bargan with the law, let drunks drive on our highways they are 1000 times more guilty then when a citizen does these things. They took the oath, we didnt. That is a pig---I am sure there are some real christian police officers out there, and i mean them no disrespect for u know where i am comming from , I would lay my own life down for one. Did i say they all are corrupt when it comes to plea-bargaining?? its the worst of all police actions on us. For how many would really be in jail, except they got off for narcing on another-to another to another to another. WHO GOES TO JAIL-WHOS RESUME GOT BIGGER THE PIG read jesse venturas new book on our corrupt government. STAND DOWN

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Soothsayer
We don't issue tickets all the time for every infraction because we are making a judgement call, plain and simple.

what are you judging? either there was an infraction or there wasn't, what else is there to decide?

i have to assume you mean you are trying to decide weather you like the person or not, or weather the person is an acceptable member of society. everyone knows cops do this, if a cop thinks you fit a certain demographic they're more inclined to bust you.

this attitude sickens me, it seems fairly innocuous when it's a traffic stop but it sizes up and the result is the two tier society we all have to endure. a guy steals $200 and gets 25 years in prison while a CEO syphons off $20,000,000 and gets 2 years house arrest.

you're all part of the same sick, corrupted machine.

Depends on the area you live in, which state, stuff like that.

do you know of any state that offers enough to give the cop anything approaching expertise? my point was that a cop was only qualified to enforce the law as they were ordered, as opposed to being qualified to judge the constitutionality of any particular law.

[edit on 13/3/10 by pieman]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

*laughing*

We don't issue tickets to get overtime to appear in court. We have to go to court, we do it on our own time... there is no pay involved.

Look it up.

NONSENSE!! If you are going to court on your own time it is because either you work for a dept. so small it cannot do the NORMAL thing...or because you want to. That must mean you enjoy it.

Cops DO get paid to go to court...it is the NORM, not the exception. If cops had to do court on their own dime, i guarantee you that the arrest rates would plummet!!

Lets hear from the other cops...do you get paid for court time or are you just so caught up in your jobs that you testify for free for some unknown reason....I do not believe for one minute that court appearances are free for the police dept...no way. the POLICE UNIONS would go nuts!!

No union would allow its members to do anything for free.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
How do officers determine who gets sentenced for 2 years or 25 years, who gets fined $200 or $200,000?

WE DON'T.

That's up to the lawyers, DAs, and judges. You don't like the people officiating your courtrooms? Try this: VOTE THEM OUT.

And hey, richierich... you never answered back about people behaving when society breaks down. Let's try to argue one point at a time, okay?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

How do officers determine who gets sentenced for 2 years or 25 years, who gets fined $200 or $200,000?

i never said you do, i said the attitude scales up!! which bit confused you?

WE DON'T.

That's up to the lawyers, DAs, and judges. You don't like the people officiating your courtrooms? Try this: VOTE THEM OUT.

wow, aggression, sweet!!

"vote them out" suggests there are better alternatives, don't talk rubbish.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Fair enough.

So allow me to back up a wee bit here, and try to clarify things from my side...

*ahem*

Yes, cops are ordered to do things, and yes, there are those idiot officers who feel that they themselves are above the same laws they enforce. Hell, just like you, we have some moronic officers within the town I live in as well... just look up the ATS thread I did about cops illegally seizing property in Crivitz WI.

And yes, you did even state that you are not negative to all cops, that you feel there are some good ones out there; for that, I thank you... with all the threads going on right now about the evils of officers, it seems that there are only two types of posters: LEOs and bashers. I may have jumped the gun, assuming you were a basher by your other posts, and then skimming your last...

I wasn't being aggressive. If I was, people would know it, it'd be very obvious.

Now then, about warnings and citations.

A lot more warnings are issued than citations because of judgment calls, which I mentioned before. Yes, past records do come into play... if you have a clean record, a warning is more preferable, only depending on the infraction. However, when we call in your information, and see that there have been numerous warnings all pertaining to the same thing, there will be a ticket.

Criminal history is also a factor. Using you as an example, let's say a passenger in your car dropped a joint, or forgot some pot... you get pulled over, and a cop sees the item. You may not have been smoking, and yes, it may not be yours, but do you think the officer is going to believe the "but that isn't mine" story from someone with a known record?

It isn't just officers that do this, label people by their past mistakes. How many citizens do you know who treat others differently because of things they did in the past? How many people do you know act differently towards some because of negative rumors?

Human nature.

REPLY TO itsawild1

The incident with the KKK individual. Sad to say, but the officer was right, a simple threat is only misconduct. There was no physical act of violence, so there cannot be any additional charges. However, with the officer stating that he could do something more if there was "evidence", that is wrong, by any measure. A person has to wonder how many times that officer did just that in other cases... as far as I'm concerned, he isn't a LEO, as much as he is a vigilante, and a bad one at that, if he's trying to get others to do his own dirty work.

If you don't like the idea about voting someone out, then you deserve everything that happens. Take action, report them, do something, just don't sit there being mad at the world because officials that your neighbors voted in aren't doing what you want.

You, who dare question us about how much of the Constitution we understand, seem to not fully understand it yourself. How much training have you, any of you, received in law or jurisdiction or statutes? Are we as god as lawyers? Hell no... but then again, lawyers aren't as good as judges, either. But to say that we are blindly following along, doing only what we are told... *shakes head* ... is just plain ignorance.

All any of us have been doing, no matter what the thread, is going around and around in circles. LEOs are trying to answer your complaints and are trying to explain things, and all the bashers are doing are, well, bashing without giving any information or justification.

It's just getting tiring.

Tell you what. Let's make a deal... from here on out, if anyone has any specific question, I shall answer them directly, whether it is in this thread or U2U.

Don't get defensive and pissy because you don't like what you hear, and don't start calling us liars because we aren't following your stereotype. You want to know the how's and why's things are being done? We LEOs are more than happy to tell you, and have... it's just that no one is listening.

... so who's the bigger moron?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hello my friends,

To all LEOs and Citizens alike please read over my thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

For the past two years have had my head in law books and after these studies have put together a collection of pdfs to help us all understand the law and jurisdiction. How and why it applies to you.

To my LEO friends the top link Patriot Miss beliefs is a must read to help you on traffic stops when coming across some of these type groups that have no understanding or lawful ground to stand on with their claims. Such as Straw man, Freeman, UCC and Sovereigns. The information I put together here for all you will NOT hear in your yearly law hour courses, at least not to the extent explained within.

To all citizens involved with these so called Patriot groups this is a MUST read, true freedom from (LEO) jurisdiction, private statue laws and much more is possible. There is but one lawfully recognized means to accomplish this. Recognized from the President to the LEO on the street, so if you truly want total and complete freedom start your studies today on at the thread posted above.

I am here to answer any questions and to help educate all on this very important topic.
Thank you for your time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join