It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont read or reply problem solved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
problem solved admin please delete

[edit on 11-3-2010 by chaseninja]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
They can force you into military school. But the military, not a chance. It's probably just them making you want to try harder.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by chaseninja

Breathe Son... They cant force you on to Active Duty or even the Gaurd... You still have to sign on the dotted line...

Now as far as a military school, if she has the money to pay you may end up there but no need to worry you wont go to war its likie a boarding school.

It could get you into West point or Havard or something.. SO breathe No war for you...

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
They can't force you in to the military but they can place you in a military school. Many parents are freaking out now more than ever because of the situation that the country is in. Right now the kids that are coming out of college are not finding jobs, below average grades are not going to get you in a good college and it is harder than ever to get a good job. For your own good, don't mess up your grades. A few years ago, mediocre grades could get you into a mediocre college and all was good, now it is way different. Things are getting pretty bad and only the strong are surviving, the rest are just getting by and suffering.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
lol i calmed down and made a deal with mom so I just have to make all As next time so the new question is. how do i delete this thread

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
OMG

Mmm well try and find a comprimise that will satisfy your mum, and also help you.

Can you in school/college take extra lessons if you want?

Explain to your Maths Teacher the fear you have, and ask him nicely if he can provide a couple of hours a week extra tuition to get your grades up for a month or so.

Also in conjunction with this Maybe you could make it plain and clear to your parents, that ALL of your grades are going to drop now, as you are not sleeping well, and are really worried about going into the military, are getting nightmares etc....

This Vid may help also if you showed it to them:

From this Thread: The Video the US Army Does not Want you to See

She loves you and is your mum, I am not belittling her, but I really cant get my head around ANY parent wanting their kids to join the military at the moment with all the deaths, syndromes, PTSD and real and present risk of an all out war in Iran and Pakistan area.

Maybe educate her of the reality and dangers if you go..... and increase your own education at the same time as said. If worst comes to worse and you have to go, subs are the way safest... lol, Navy or Air Force my friend.

Good Luck

Elf.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Can you retake the test?

I've always struggled with algebra, but this one guy showed me a surefire way to solve any equation:

Pick a side, and move all letters not pertaining to the needed one to that side.
Cancel away anything and everything possible.

Call it the brute-force method. Might not be the fastest, or most elegant way, but it works. Ans solving complicated equations this way has built up my confidence. Which in turn allowed me to see shortcuts where before I just saw alphabet-soup.
My math-inclined friends still think I have strange ways, but say it's fine as long as I get reproducible results...

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Excuse me,

do you have any Grey Poupon?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carlthulhu
Can you retake the test?

I've always struggled with algebra, but this one guy showed me a surefire way to solve any equation:

Pick a side, and move all letters not pertaining to the needed one to that side.
Cancel away anything and everything possible.

Call it the brute-force method. Might not be the fastest, or most elegant way, but it works. Ans solving complicated equations this way has built up my confidence. Which in turn allowed me to see shortcuts where before I just saw alphabet-soup.
My math-inclined friends still think I have strange ways, but say it's fine as long as I get reproducible results...

That's it, you got it. It's all just a reduction, if you can reduce it to a definite answer, great. If you can't, it's still an answer, you just still have variables. Algebra isn't hard. You're just letting the crap get in the way.

join