It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid's Conspiracy Show? Yep, believe it or not...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
So, in the morning, I typically have some time between waking up and going to work ...and of course, there is NOTHING on during this time to watch...

But, I did find something that is actually kind of entertaining...

It's on the Discovery Kids Channel or DK...(of all places)...

It's called "Mystery Hunters", and I've only seen a few episodes, but they've covered UFO's, Ghost stories, Crypto creatures, and more mainstream Conspiracy Theories...

They even end the show on a pretty skeptical note, and where an issue is pretty well debunked, they admit it. (for the most part, though they failed on the Campeche Oil field UFO case....but oh well)...

Sure, it's kind of kiddie, and has a "Beakman's World" vibe to it...but it's actually better than watching infomercials or tedious morning shows....

(Most of my friends have toddlers, so got used to kids morning tv when we've babysat for them, etc.)

[edit on 19-3-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
My kids have watched this a few times..basically it totally destroys any imagination your kid has and explains everything with scientific facts...
good, but disheartening.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I guess that is one take on it...so age group of watchers is important...

I like to keep some of the magic in a kid's life as long as possible too...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Most of these shows have to explain away the topics at hand. It is the way they do things. The people who have alternative views are shown as either crazy or shifty, while the mainstream scientists get most of the air time. No questions are asked when the explanations do not fit or are pulled out of the a.. I mean nose.

Still, it is good to get kids involved in science and critical thinking. Sometimes the answers on these programs do not survive the critical thinking aspects some of the kids will develop. (Swamp gas to explain all the UFO sightings?)

new topics

top topics

join