What a daft way to stop your spaniel eating the milkman

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

What a daft way to stop your spaniel eating the milkman

www.timesonline.co.uk

As we know, one man once got on one plane in a pair of exploding hiking boots and as a result everyone else in the entire world is now forced to strip naked at airports and hand over their toiletries to a man in a high-visibility jacket.

In other words, the behaviour of one man has skewed the concept of everyday life for everyone else. And we are seeing this all the time.

And last week the stupidity made yet another lunge into the fabric of society with the news that government ministers were considering new laws that would force everyone to take a test before they were allowed t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ran across this article on reddit,
probably the most sense Jeremy Clarkson has made in a while!
I think it's great when media personalities and all those folks on the 'normal' fringe finally kick up a fuss about the ridiculousness of our culture these days.

I particularly liked his solution to all this terror this bad parent that tripe:

It’s simple. We must start to accept that 5% of the population at any given time is bonkers. There are no steps to be taken to stamp this out and no lessons to be learnt when a man with a beard boards a plane with an exploding dog.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Dog license... Sounds great. I propose to make it even more interesting. Divide dogs into weight/aggressiveness/ctr cathegoris. And then make exams. Level 1 dog licenses ,level 2,level 3...
Imagine all the new work places for bureaucrats. And all the fee income. Great idea, again. And it will work ,too.
Article is good one though. We constantly live in artificial OMG freaked out state. This is the reason for overreactions. Media picks a "juicy" story, politicians see chance for get exposure, people who somehow should profit from this idiocy drive the thing forward and OMG crowd joins in.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I found one comment to be very poignant.

We should have tests to get a license to become an elected official.

The first question, do you think we should pass a law that protects people from themselves. Now, anyone answering that in the positive never gets to hold office and gets booted out of the country.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Thanks for the reply!

As a matter of fact I just ran across an awesome video which really addresses many of these problems.

new topics

join