It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychology, Philosophy & Metaphysics Research & Resources Thread

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
i'm not sure how i posted a reply on a different thread thinking it was this one, but anyway,
now that i THINK i'm posting on the right one, i'd like to say that it's very refreshing to see that not everyone has abandoned their minds.

i didn't notice any of these on the thread but i think people who are interested in this type of thing would like these recommendations,

tao te ching(the first thing i would recommend to anyone who does any reading at all)
the art of war
stupidity(documentary)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Neurosis and Human Growth by Karen Horney
The Undiscovered Self by Carl Jung

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I greatly appreciate the renewed interest in the thread, I will find some more things to contribute

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
www.tantra-kundalini.com...

classics.mit.edu...

i would recommend bruce lee's philosophy of "jeet kun do", as long as it's the tao of jeet kun do, or something based on his notes.

also i would like to say that all of these sources are great, but remember that most of them will lead to the same wisdom in the end,
and that it's good to take things that are unique from each one, such as different techniques of meditation and exercise and everything in between.
but most important of all is to remember to apply what you have learned to your everyday life and perceptions and help others to become enlightened as well.
so if you want to start a thread that discusses the actual substance of these things i'm there with ya

i also want to strongly recommend the tao te ching again, it contains some of the most profound and easy to understand points in as little words as possible.
see you later dude, and remember that "academia confuses knowledge with knowing"

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

First of all thanks for all your time and hard work you have included tons of good stuff. it would be very appreciated if you sent me any and all PDF. files you feel like sending will try and read all. I'm always trying to expand my mind
p.s keep up the good work/ peace and love to all

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join