It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If a Scientist can make you Immortal will You?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Immortal..no. I want to go to heaven one day and I dont want to be stuck on Earth watching all the suffering and seeing loved ones die. BUT if i could control when and how I died then I most certainly would jump at the opportunity.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
1. I am not afraid to die and already have been very close to

2. I don't believe in heaven or hell, god or devil, but I'm curious what will happen to me when I die, for now I think I'll just not exist, and that's all

3. I wouldn't want to live forever for anything, hell I've been alive 18 years and life's already getting boring to me living forever would suck, I want a nice, glorious death on the battlefield, protecting my country Russia, and I want everyone to listen to my rap albums after I die, and I wanna leave some kinda legacy behind, well maybe not, but if yes, then cool hehe

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Im already immortal!!!! I've got this picture of me in the hall that gets older while I stay young................or is that from that book about some guy called Dorian Grey!
Where's that Captian Scarlet music when I need it!!

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Yeah, at seventy-six, and without any belief in an afterlife, being able to extend my life sounds pretty good. However, I'd like a few conditions. Firs, I'd just as soon have my body go back to, say, twenty-five and stay at that age. Second, I'd want to be able to terminate myself when I felt like it. I'm sure I'd enjoy learning new things for another hundred years or so, but I don't know what the capacity of the human brain is. If I ran out of space to learn anything new, then why bother? And even if I could continue learning and experiencing, there would have to come a point where I would become bored and just want to turn myself off.

And what happens if humans are exterminated? It would be terrible to be completely alone. Or what happens when a new species takes over and humans fade away. I wouldn't want to be an anachronism.

Occam

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I think 1,000 years would be enough to experience everything. By that time, I would have visited every country, been to the moon, seen all movies numerous times, played and completed all video games, read all books, sex with a few dream girls, experience the thrill of Croatia winning the World Cup, and have known everything there is to know including the big questions, where we came from and how the universe came to be. I would hate to die not knowing those questions. So give me a 1,000 years, which would be just enough to fulfill all my pleasures.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I would choose to be immortal.

Attachment would have used to make me reconsider, but, even though I care immensely
for the few people I care about, I have learned to cope with loss.

Even if my body aged, it would'nt be to long before I could just switch into a new biological
clone body, or into an artificial body.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
give me immortallity or give me death

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
immortal as in I can't die from conventional weapons?

That is the question. If I could live forever Highlander style, where I can only die from my head being taken, then hell yes. It's simple enough. When I'm tired of this mortal coil, I'll remove my head, and pass on.

Originally posted by junglelord
give me immortallity or give me death

Well, those would be the options

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
no i dont want to make all these friends and watch them die before me knowing ill never join them in the funtimes..same with the family.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join