It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If a Scientist can make you Immortal will You?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Lots of people are afraid of death but if offered the opportunity to be immortal by a Scientist will you take it?

I don�t think I will.

Will You?

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by vaswegpg]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I wouldn't want immortality, it's a curse in a sense. Watching your loved ones dying before you, etc. I don't really thing any good could come of it.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
1. I would live forever if I could.
2. This is chit-chat. Its great to be back.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Mortality? hell why not, as long as I stay young skinny and beautiful, hell yeah give it to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Lets see! An unfathomible amount of time to learn, evolve and discover the mysteries of the universe balanced against an eternity of slaving away at annoying jobs. Think I'll take death, thank you very much!

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
I don't really thing any good could come of it.

How 'bout travelling the world, seeing everything there is to see, reading all the great books that are and that will be, making love to womens from each country this world have to offer to us, tasting all the greatest foods and greatest wines of the world, being there to see every great artists rise to success, having the possibility to absorb incredible ammounts of knowledge, being able to take as much time as we want to do whatever we want to do, etc etc...

That doesn't sound so bad to me. Maybe I've just read too much vampire tales...

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well as you start to get older, inmortality does not sound like a bad thing after all. I wish I can learn everything I want to learn and see in my life time but that is impossible. So why not inmortality. All you going to get is wiser.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Yes, if immortality was made possible, then I would want it. All worries would be gone. You wouldn't have to worry about anything, because you would be able to live infinitly...therefore, no matter how bad it got...it would get better again. As a matter of fact...infinite life makes for all possibilities in infinity. So you would eventually be happier than you ever were...and again...and again (down side is the same goes for unhappyness). Unfortunately....immortality is completely impossible. Eventually this world will be swallowed by the sun. If we get out of here by then....either the universe will become so sparse that there will be no concentrated energy anymore.....no way to survive. That is unless it collapses in on itself. Then we again are dead anyway. If we do manage to conquer all of that.....infinite life leaves the door open for infinite opputunities to BE KILLED.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
I wouldn't want immortality, it's a curse in a sense. Watching your loved ones dying before you, etc. I don't really thing any good could come of it.

Precisely i dont wanna see my g/f get old and raggy while i stay young i'd rather we get raggy together.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
immortal as in I can't die from conventional weapons?

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
wouldn't accept it.
I look forward to death whenever it comes
it's door to a whole nother world for me

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I wouldn't want immortality without eternal youth. If I had immortality with out being able to be young forever, I'd wither up and my body would be destroyed, but I'd still exist, and that would suck. But if I could stay young forever, then I'd everyday!

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I would take an nth degree of life if I could choose it. I'd start with 2x if I could also stay healthy and work up from there. But, I definately want a way out.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'd love immortality. Think about it, to be able to see everything that happens on earth from here on in, to be able to experience all the wonders not available to us in this time... I would like a way out though coz i might find myself drifting through space one day bored as # and just not able to die.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
In a way I would love to be immortal. Cause I feel I dont have enough time here on earth to learn all the areas of science that I want. I always feel like I dont have enough hours in the day to complete tasks and whatnot. I would be able to learn soo much, I would love that. But on the other hand, I'm not sure how I would handle seeing the progression of the mortal society. I'm mean look at how fast people move today, everything is in a big damn hurry and they all want want want. I see this trend only getting worse before it gets better, and I dont wanna hang around for that. Before you know it the day in the life of the average mortal would just be a body hooked up to the net, and from there he can try to form a type of control on everything he has or wants without moving.

ooo wow. I need to go get some coffee...morning groggyness can get to ya..

-gala

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I will love to be inmortal but, don't we will become overpopulated, I mean if we can not die we will keep multiplying.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
why couldn't we all be immortal, at one point we could become advanced enough to reverse aging and stay at a certain age like 25, of course over time if we haven't reached the point we could start colonizing the universe. Maybe even only have babies when we are sure we want to, until then we can just enjoy sex and pleasure beyond believe. We can live forever until we understand the whole universe and then like become beings of pure energy and do anything.

THe universe is really fIn Big

[edit on 29-5-2007 by ATSGUY]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Yes, if immortality was made possible, then I would want it. All worries would be gone. You wouldn't have to worry about anything, because you would be able to live infinitly...therefore, no matter how bad it got...it would get better again. As a matter of fact...infinite life makes for all possibilities in infinity. So you would eventually be happier than you ever were...and again...and again (down side is the same goes for unhappyness). Unfortunately....immortality is completely impossible. Eventually this world will be swallowed by the sun. If we get out of here by then....either the universe will become so sparse that there will be no concentrated energy anymore.....no way to survive. That is unless it collapses in on itself. Then we again are dead anyway. If we do manage to conquer all of that.....infinite life leaves the door open for infinite opputunities to BE KILLED.

Astronomers estimate that our sun will be happy and healthy for at least the next 3.5 billion years. If you are immortal, it is inferred that you are not subject to death by disease, acts of violence, etc. other wise you are not truly immortal. Now, 3 1/2 billion years may not be infinity but I think it is close enough to it as not to matter. Would I like to be around for 3 billion plus years? I don't think so; for me 20-30,000 years would be sufficient.
:

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I could do immortality.

Matter of fact, it sounds pretty darn good.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I'd only want immortality if I could first have a few other things happen to me, but those things, which I won't mention because it'd be too weird to explain, are just as impossible as immortality (at least with current known technology). So basically, if I never get those things, and I mean NEVER, then no I don't want to live forever.

But if I can somehow have those wishes granted, than living forever would be icing on the cake.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join