It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Example: How cops LIE to get warrants!! Cops Busted!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Just in case any of you still think that cops usually tell the truth to get warrants, here is a typical case that I though you might find interesting. There is really nothing special about it, sadly, except that justice was done in the end and in many cases a defendant cannot afford to take the case to another level, which is where most legal remedy is.

Many judges, and virtually all prosecutors, will ignore coomon sense applications of the law in order to get a conviction, and to keep a politically favorable profile if they are elected, as most are. they do not care if you are really guilty; they believe that if you can afford the appeal and win, it will be old news and will not affect their images in the press. If you cannot afford to appeal, then you simply rot in jail and justice is once again slapped in the face and the Constitution trampled.

Take a look:
openjurist.org...

Here are a few quotes from the Appeals Court:

" There is no question that Officer Engle acted with reckless disregard for the truth in view of the remarkable inaccuracies presented in his affidavit. Detective Engle by his own admission was informed by Deputy Keeney of Holt's tip within a day of filling out the application for the warrant in this case, yet Engle implied in his affidavit that he drove by Hammond's property in order to verify Holt's tip in April. Detective Engle stated that Holt informed Deputy Keeney that the marijuana was located in a "side room" of the building, yet Deputy Keeney testified at the Franks hearing that he did not recall such a statement. Detective Engle stated in his affidavit that he "verified [Holt's] complaint" when he drove by Hammond's property, yet he did not see any marijuana growing or for that matter any indications of criminal activity. All he was able to "verify" was that a Glen Hammond lived in Rockcastle County off of KY 1955. Detective Engle stated with certainty that there was no trailer on the Hammond property, yet there was a trailer. The power records were not for the buildings they were attributed to in the affidavit. The building that Engle claimed to have no windows, did in fact have windows. This is not the case in which an officer made a small error in the affidavit, when applying for a warrant. The number of falsehoods and half-truths told are substantial and reflect, at the very least, a reckless disregard for the truth. For these reasons, we should reverse the district court's ruling and grant Hammond's motion to suppress the evidence seized in both searches.3
"
III

Hammond also contends that there was insufficient evidence to support his conviction under 18 U.S.C. § 924(c)(1). However, given our decision to grant Hammond's motion to suppress, it is unnecessary for us to evaluate this second issue on appeal. For the reasons given above, we REVERSE the district court's denial of Hammond's suppression motion and REMAND this case for proceedings consistent with this opinion.
CONVICTION OVERTURNED!!

Now, because of bar police work, POLICE PERJURY, and no scruples, the State lost a case where they had a machine gun, sawed off shotgun, some hard drugs...and some pot. They lost a chance to actually convict the guy because they preferred lies and the easy way to following the law. Can you imagine how the cop feels? he has been outed by a major court as a LIAR, perjurer and criminal cop. Perjury is lying under oath, which is required for a warrant application.

You might say, well, that is only one case..how many cops are actually lying on warrant affadavits? Hard to say with accuracy: Sadly no statistics are kept on the number of appeals that are won on the basis of faulty warrants and rubber stamping magistrates, but there SHOULD be. I bet it would reveal a nightmare number of cases, most done away with at preliminary hearings if TOO obviously false or insufficient, and the rest left to wind their way through the system....wins for those with money for a lawyer, and losses for the poor.

Here is another case where the cops purposely hid information and wanted the judge to believe that they had PERSONALLY observed the defendant when in fact they had just stuck a GPS device to his car and assumed all movements were him!!
CONVICTION OVERTURNED!!

web.courierpress.com...

From that decision: ' The affiant never mentions the use of a GPS device...why? Does the affiant want to hide that fact ?".

And here is a good case where the cops LEFT OUT critical info from the magistrate, but also knew that a dog had failed to alert and that they had NO probable cause, but raided a mans home anyway...CONVICTION OVERTURNED!!

openjurist.org...

I could go on and on citing cases, but I think you get the point: Cops CANNOT be trusted to truthfully relate facts when seeking warrants, lies are common, and if you are the victim of police perjury on a warrant affadavit, make sure your lawyer always carefully researches the warrant applications and investigates to make sure that the cops are telling the truth...cops simply CANNOT be trusted ; if they will lie under oath to get a warrant, they are no better than anyone they are chasing.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a buddy got out of criminal case because the cops that busted in his door used a warrant that was overdue, and they changed it so they could still use it. problem was, it didnt match the judges record.

from what i can tell, it happens whenever they want.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The legal system sucks big time.

What happened to calling the lie exactly what it is? WHen a judge presents his findings on an accused civilian, he uses terms such as "deliberate lying".

What I see here is "at best, half-truths and reckless disregard for truth".

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
And now, little children, you see why terrorists hate our freedoms. We must spread our democracy to all corners of the globe! God bless America!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Out of the literally 10s of thousands of warrants signed by the police each and everyday across the nation, you have decided that three examples are sufficient to denigrate all police.

What genius logic you have there

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This is why I dont trust cops. They are not your friend. These goons in black uniforms serve the elite and even the ones who claim to be for the people always usually side with peer pressure and groupthink as they dont want to be shunned.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkangel831
Out of the literally 10s of thousands of warrants signed by the police each and everyday across the nation, you have decided that three examples are sufficient to denigrate all police.

once is enough, buddy

they should be the prime example of the law they enforce.

no exceptions.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If this is typical then you wouldn't mind showing me the thousands maybe millions of other times this type thing has happened. Everyone I have ever met that labels all cops as bad are generally criminals, are you? Find the percent of humans that are "bad" and you that percent to tell how many cops are "bad." Stereotyping because of a few bad apples is idiotic to say the least.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Police go after people for there friends acting all big.

I wonder how many conspiracies to commit murder are organised by police and the friends to murder people they hate that went to there school.

I would say it happens alot.

I worked for the police for 2 days a decade ago, and a worse group of people you could not find, i hated there presence, and it was all a con, trying to set me up.

My life is the absolute proof of how these people in power, police and government use there position to murder(absolutely destroying lifes), is the same as murder, as they try to drive people to either do something or commit suicide.

Police = murderers, and any one working for them.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Explain this to me then. If all police are bad then why has my dad arrested two members of our family and multiple members of my wifes family. The two guys he arrested out of our family were actually around him everyday while he was growing up. Some people are bad, tell me what your job is and I will be able to paint you the same way with some examples of bad apples from your profession.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

Then you must live in a tent.. Correct?

If not, you are a hypocrite..

Cause there are plenty of "bad" carpenters out there and surely that means they all are.

(Someone must have gotten a ticket and got all mad)

I'm not a "buddy" by the way

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Then you must live in a tent.. Correct?

If not, you are a hypocrite..

Cause there are plenty of "bad" carpenters out there and surely that means they all are.

(Someone must have gotten a ticket and got all mad)

I'm not a "buddy" by the way

you are arguing for corrupt cops. you wont break me on this.

represent what you are sworn to, or find another job.

and why would i live in a tent. you make no sense, buddy.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

If it made no sense, then you cant follow common logic.. Pal

I can't dumb it down any more than it is..

Simple concept

You hate cops, you probably got arrested for doing something stupid and now you are out to make all cops look bad'

Simple enough? Palzie

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

If it made no sense, then you cant follow common logic.. Pal

I can't dumb it down any more than it is..

Simple concept

You hate cops, you probably got arrested for doing something stupid and now you are out to make all cops look bad'

Simple enough? Palzie

you are so far off base, that by your own logic, you must be a cop.

i pay my tickets if i get caught doing something. its my purragative to own up to my actions.

some cops however dont seem to think this applies to them. that is where my beef lies.

some supposed super citizen better start acting like mr hero if he wants my respect.

otherwise, how is he or she any different from the criminals they persecute.

got it yet?

edit: and it was your logic that was initially wrong. i never said i was moving away (not living under the roof anymore), so why would i not live in a house?

[edit on 3/11/2010 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
You Basement Cowboys are all the same.. sigh..

Look Pla-zie,,, Sitting in moms basement, typing away while bigger better people are out fighting crime, and then you get arrested for something you did and take it out on them...

Just a citizen here Pal-zie.. Got it?

Just not a hater or prejudice Pal

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

You Basement Cowboys are all the same.. sigh..

Look Pla-zie,,, Sitting in moms basement, typing away while bigger better people are out fighting crime, and then you get arrested for something you did and take it out on them...

Just a citizen here Pal-zie.. Got it?

Just not a hater or prejudice Pal

ok so instead of showing you are wrong, you insult me.

im no kiddie. and my mom doesnt have a basement. you wanna keep attacking me over someone who did something illegal?

you are all the same. you never stand up for your actions unless you are getting good attention. you just hurt and abuse the populace for your own gain.

why dont you go get some more of your bully friends to force people to say you are right

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahtoosacks

once is enough, buddy

no exceptions.

This post mahtoosacks is where the problem lies. It seems that you want all police to be Jesus just because they have a badge on. They are human not some demigod. There are good and bad just as in society. 3 bad ones (which there are more) should not mean condemning all of them.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings...

Really I am'.....

But you pick 3 examples of the 750 THOUSAND police and call them all bad.. Your a hypocrite

Not name calling, just telling it like it is..

We all have faults, this is just yours

[edit on 3/11/2010 by darkangel831]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian

Originally posted by mahtoosacks

once is enough, buddy

no exceptions.

This post mahtoosacks is where the problem lies. It seems that you want all police to be Jesus just because they have a badge on. They are human not some demigod. There are good and bad just as in society. 3 bad ones (which there are more) should not mean condemning all of them.

your point?

they damned well better start trying at least. this has gone on way too long as it is.

you arent automatically deemed perfect, and unfoulable just because of a badge, i never claimed they were all this way.

when it happens, fess up, and act like a man and assume responsibility, that is, if you were stupid enough to break the law to begin with.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings...

Really I am'.....

But you pick 3 examples of the 750 THOUSAND police and call them all bad.. Your a hypocrite

Not name calling, just telling it like it is..

We all have faults, this is just yours

[edit on 3/11/2010 by darkangel831]

ok you are just soo cute arent you with your little quips.

i never claimed they were all bad.

it should never happen to begin with. hang up your sheild and go be a regular joe if you cant hack it with the rules that are given.

edit: let me guess.. you will start showing me why its ok for the cops to break the law now...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join