It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Icke: An Evaluation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
David Icke: An Evaluation

I first encountered David Icke's work about a year and a half ago, while researching information on Freemasonry. Needless to say, I was immediately impressed with Icke's site. As many of you can attest, you can literally drown in information and spend hours on end reading about this and that. It's hard to try to group Icke with other Conspiracy Theorists, mainly because of his consistancy and his obvious desire to share much of his information for free. Sure he writes books every now and then, but one gets the sense that selling books isn't his concern. Many of you have probably discovered that much of the information in his books can be found on his site free of charge. Icke doesn't "tease" his readers with excerpts and what have you. In fact he gets quite detailed on many subjects right on his site. I believe this is one of the reasons people believe him to be "the real thing." Another reason is the way he seems to blow the cover off of things that go on in the world in a seemingly logical, factual and most importantly convincing way. I recently read one of his new interviews regarding his book Alice In Wonderland and The WTC Disaster (located on his site), and was blown away by some of the things he unabashedly said. The things he revealed will have you looking over your shoulder as you read on. What made it so spooky was that it made sense, a feat that isn't easy to accomplish, especially when dealing with a subject as questionable as Conspiracy Theory. I suspect that Icke even has many die-hard skeptics secretly pondering his exploits.

Now that due credit has been served, I must tackle the other side of this spectrum. Although much of Icke's work appears sound, honest and well researched, some of his other claims and comments are downright unsettling, to say the least. Claims of intelligent lizards shape-shifting into humans (I'm beginning to think this is some sort of metaphorical code), coupled with an unfounded animosity toward Christianity and religion in general undoubtedly raises some eyebrows. Icke has no problem refuting Christianity based on accounts of child abuse, historic incidents and general hypocrisy. Now, I'll be the first to admit that much of organized Christianity is up to the eyeballs in heresy and hypocrisy. Maybe that's due to the fact that a lot of so-called "Christians," aren't true Christians in the first place. They're all talk and in it to make a profit or just to look like they have morals. Jesus hated hypocrites as much as we do. Icke also convieniently excluded that important historical fact that martyrs were murdered for their belief in Christ. Icke fails to make the distinction between the foolish acts of society and the true teachings of Christ. He also fails to credit the Bible for predicting the New World Order in Daniel and warning against the mico-chip economic system in Revelation. How can Icke make allegations against the Bible when it warns us about the same things Icke warns us about? If the Bible is a tool of mind control created by the Illuminati, why is the government so adamant about separating church and state and eliminating the Bible from court rooms and schools? They even wanted to go as far as taking the word "God" out of the Pledge and "In God We Trust" off of dollar bills. If anything, it seems to me that the Illuminati views the Bible as a major threat. Also, isn't it ironic that Christianity is the most attacked religion in the world? No one dares make fun of Islam or Hinduism in public for fear of appearing "intolerant" and being seen as a racist bigot. Few however, seem to have any qualms about kicking Christians around and making statements such as "I don't give a @#!$ about Jesus." Imagine someone saying that about Allah. In fact, "Christ" has over the years evolved into a cuss word. You don't hear people yelling "Buddah!" or "Allah!" when they're ticked off, but surely everyone has heard "Jesus Christ!" and "Goddamn it!" more than once in their lifetime. Point is that this whole "Christ is the culprit" philosophy doesn't stack up, and it's unnerving that someone as intelligent as Icke doesn't see it, while to many others this false assumption is as plain as day. Another disturbing aspect of Icke is some of the comments he makes. Refer back to the AIWL interview. Toward the end, he begins to make some uncomfortable statements that are directed at the reader. First he tells us: "You are Infinite Consciousness. You will always be Infinite Consciousness," (emphasis on the capital letters of "Infinite" and "Consiousness"). Then comes the real kicker. He goes on to say, "You are: All That Is, Ever Has Been, and Ever Will Be." Hold on a second. I assume that most of you are at least partially familiar with certain verses of the Bible. You probably already made the correlation that this statement is strikingly similar to the verse, "I Am the Alpha and the Omega who ever was, ever is and ever will be." Is David Icke actually declaring himself and YOU God?! Isn't this typical Luciferian ideology? The very same ideology that the Illuminati adhere to? What if David Icke is telling the truth, just not in the way we perceive? What if David Icke is one of THEM? What if he broke away from the organization because he believes himself to be smarter than the Illuminati itself? What if he wants to control the world BY HIMSELF? Consider this for a moment. How in the world could Icke know as much as he does unless he has complete access to everything? How is it possible that Icke can go around saying this stuff and even NAMING NAMES without legal action taken against him? Isn't that basically TREASON? Fact is that once you start naming names, you're up-shoot-creek and at the very least they would ban his material in the U.S. Free speech is one thing, accusing the U.S. government of being pedophiles and Satanists is another. It doesn't compute. This leads me to the conclusion that he either a.) has permission from someone "at the top of the pyramid," or b.) is in some sort of position of authority himself. He keeps insisting that we ought to think for ourselves, so why shouldn't that include questioning HIM as well? Maybe we don't realize just how true the Alice In Wonderland analogy really is. What we think is never really is and what we think isn't really always is. There is a maze here that goes EVEN DEEPER folks, and I wonder how many of us are smart enough to work our way through it.

new topics

join