It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's all a conspiracy - Deus Ex: Invisible War - PROBLEMS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I installed Deus Ex: Invisible War on my PC, but during install encountered a problem.

Now when I insert the DVD it Autoruns and gives me the option to Play the game, Uninstall the game etc...

When I try to run the game it stalls on a black screen, so I tried to Uninstall the game, in the hope of reinstalling. It ran the uninstall process but it still seems to think it's installed. I've tried removing it using add/remove programs, the same thing happens as above.

Is it still in the registry and if so how do I remove it, or is it something else.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by Koka]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Thanks for all your replies:shk:

I used "Regedit" and removed all references to the game.
This allowed me to reload the game.
It runs fine at the menu area but unfortunately it keeps freezing when I try to start the game, the screen goes all CGA on me.
I have the latest graphics drivers and the latest DirectX drivers (9b).
Will try to find out more today.
I can't access the internet where I am staying at the moment, so have to download stuff when I go to Wales. My mate reckons I should have Intel Inside...!!

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by Koka]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
What video card do you have?

Anywho, I would suggest just taking the game back to the store because even if you got the piece of junk to work, it still licks ass.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Are your system specs high than the requirments?

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Koka

I had the same problem, but I didn't bought the game, so I thought it was probably because of that. Never got around that bug.

If you also downloaded it, try getting another release of it.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
You need to have a graphics card that supports pixel shader 1.1, anything without it just can't hack the game, You'll need a dx9 card, and the minimum for acceptable performance are the GeForceFx 5600/Radeon 9600 level cards, but don't expect to turn anything up with less than a GeForceFx 5900/Radeon 9800 level card, start saving... :shk:

[Edit: Spelling]

[Edited on 14-6-2004 by FreeKish]

top topics

join