It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun's Nemesis Pelted Earth with Comets, Study Suggests

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

We might want there to be a dark star that is moving toward us to .. cause a apocolypse but in reality we have Neberu now it is Jupiter which could have been a star but did not quite make it .. We know the asteriod belt is near jupiter aswell...not only Sedna some scientist believe is part of the collisoin with earth .. which goes back to the creation of Earth .

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

NeatV1 was discovered in 1992 .. and was estimated to reach us in 2003 ..they didn't tell anyone of its crossing publicly..even though it was the size of Mercury and has a 30,000 year orbit..

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vonour
...accroding to the THE ASSYRIAN DICTIONARY...Neberu is Jupiter

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh ok.

You didn't get my post did you?

I've already read about this stuff, the Sitchin is wrong site, Sitchin's books, and a bunch of other stuff. I don't agree with everything Sitchin says but we still don't know what in the hell those guys were talking about. Sumeria was only discovered around the 1940s if I'm not mistaken. Sure they can match up symbols and trace back their lineage to some extent, but they still don't know what they all represented to the people.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Well I search and search on Nibiru .. even my brother when was in college did a paper on the Sumerians.... I been interested ever since but It does appear there is a truth behind the belief's they had... Jupiter seems to fit so well... I know its new but even so.. Other passed languages have devrived from it which they can use aswell to help with transalations..

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Vonour

truth11.com...

Probably the most glaring inconsistency in the Planet X hypothesis is the Planet X advocates assertion that the 1984 IRAS object and the 1992 body are one of the same thing. As announced on many websites and online videos about Planet X, the 1984 IRAS observation saw Planet X at 50 billion miles from Earth. The 1992 NASA "announcement" put Planet X at a distance of about 7 billion miles from Earth. Therefore, the logic goes, Planet X had traveled 43 billion miles in the course of only eight years (from 1984 to 1992). After some dubious mathematics, Planet X is therefore expected to reach the core of the Solar System in 2012. (Although many believed it should arrive in 2003
..I strongly believe the 1992 sighting was NeatV1

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Very cool but where do the say it was that big ?
The picture apears to show a commetes tail. They could look absolutely humongous !

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
Now NEAT-C2002v1 which just came by had a nucleus, probably about the size of Mercury. No way was that nucleus half a kilometer wide. This was a huge comet.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

actually with the tail the size was estimated to be as big as Jupiter but the core was the size of Mercury ..

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Whoa, whoa, whoa....that is not a crackpot website. WTF! Well, time to start building that underground bunker...oh wait, I don't own any land, have little money, resources and live in Florida where an underground bunker would probably do nothing for me anyway.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vonour

some scientist believe is part of the collision with earth .. which goes back to the creation of Earth .

As far as my understanding goes about the creation of Earth. Current day scientists and others.
Earth did collide early in it's history. With a protoplanet called Thera. The cores of both protoplanets fused, what would explains the Earths core being bigger than that of others and why Earth has such a big Moon. In fact, our Moon seems to be just slightly smaller then Mars is. The Asteroid belt has absolutely nothing to do with Earth. The total mass of the asteroid belt is not even big enough to form even a small planet.
Accept for the orbit it's in, what suggests another planet used to be there. Where did the rest of it Go ?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Vonour

Wow !

Interesting. Thank you ! I did not hear anything about a comet, accept for some people asking on ATS what it is they see on the SOHO site.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Ok.

What if ? What if all the speculation is true and we're about 23:59 on the clock before total destruction starts.

Would you really hide. Would it even make a difference.

The people with that kind of money lack my respect by the way.
It only shows they excel in greed, pride and vanity. Without us they would be lost.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I agree if it was twice the size of Jupiter it would wreck havoc on every planet in the solar system. It is more likely that it passed close to the Sun and due the heat and friction it's tail was elongated to take up as much space as Jupiter, or even more likely just to become twice as bright as Jupiter.

The mass and diameter of the comet is not even close to a tenth the size of Jupiter, Mercury, or any planet for that matter. The diameter of the largest comets aren't even as big as a dwarf planet either.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

www.edinformatics.com...
There are probably several million asteroids in the solar system. Over 96,000 asteroids have been given numbers. Almost 12,000 of them have names. But even though there are a lot of asteroids, the asteroid belt is mostly empty space. Traveling through the asteroid belt in a space ship would not be very much like what you see in a science fiction film.
What are they
Some asteroids are also found at the stable points 60° behind and ahead of the orbits of Jupiter and other planets. The points are called Lagrange points and the asteroids found there are called Trojans. Many of the small moons of some planets may have once been asteroids that were captured by the planet's gravity when they came too close.
science.howstuffworks.com...
The gravitational force of Jupiter still affects the belt to this day -- its giant mass disturbs the path of asteroids and creates large gaps in the main belt known as Kirkwood gaps
There are also two "clouds" of asteroids in front of and behind Jupiter's path, known as Jupiter Trojans, which act somewhat like bodyguards around the planet. Two similar groups are found along Mars's orbit called Martian Trojans.

creationwiki.org...
The most coherent creationist model offered to date for the origin of the asteroid belt derives from the hydroplate theory of Walt Brown. Specifically, Dr. Brown suggests that asteroids, meteoroids, and comets all came from the quantities of rock, mud, and water that were ejected into space during the breakout of Earth's once-subterranean ocean.[2]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Nasa estimated the Neatv1 core the size of Mercury . so NeatV1 was the size of Mercury,,,

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

also some beleive it might have effected earth on its passing .. 2003 the earths core shifted and .. some scientist believe that a pole shift is to come...

[edit on 11-3-2010 by Vonour]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Vonour

I don't think so. If it was that big it would be a planet in a stable orbit, would it not? I can't find anything on the mass of Neat-c2002v1. If it was that big it would have been a much bigger deal.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Vonour

I would say about the last link ( Not read yet ) there are alot of stories that suggest they fell back to Earth. They divided the heavens and the Earth called Tiamat by ancient Sumerians.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Has anyone ever theorised on the possibility that when Thera struck the Earth, the point of impact could well have been the area on Earth where the Pacific Ocean is now, this might go some way towards explaining the 'Ring of Fire' earthquake and volcano prominence there.

Roy.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Once again, an object twice the size of jupiter already came through our solar system. It was called NEAT comet. They didn't see it, until it was only two months away. It was moving so damn fast that it was out of the solar system in a few days. If its orbit is highly eliptical, then I believe that this comet is coming back, and will be back in our solar system, just in time for 2012.

I call BS too, for a couple of reasons..

No comet has ever been called "NEAT". NEAT is the NASA programme for tracking near earth objects (hence the name). Objects discovered will have the "NEAT" appended after the rest of their name, for kudos purposes I suppose, so they know who discovered it.

Secondly, no comet is the twice the size of Jupiter, end of. Anything of that mass travelling through the solar system would cause total havoc. The only interesting thing about 2003 was it was slightly hotter in the UK than normal and my daughter was born.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join