It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's liberal base 'disengaged'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Get to work on what? Cap and Trade non-sense? This healthcare non-sense? Oh man, there is a ton of stuff wrong but neither side is actually willing to do anything about it. Not to mention that the jobs bill that just passed had the backing of Scott Brown so there is your bi-partisanship.

Kucinich actually tried to do something worthwhile and they shot him down at a rate of 5 to 1 over his idea invoking the War Powers Act to bring all the troops home in 30 days.

The problem isn't that Congress doesn't work together, no, the problem IS Congress.

If I was on the hill right now I'd fight Cap and Trade, Future Bail outs, The Healthcare plan, the War, FISA, the Patriot Act, all of this # because it is anti-Liberty. Liberty. I don't care about being safe or any of that other Soccer Mom crap. LIBERTY.

The problem with the base that voted for Obama is that they were stupid enough to believe that he was going to change the direction of this country into what they had imagined; a centrist return to Clinton-ism. They also figured that since they voted for a guy that they wouldn't have to be involved in the process after that. The Executive should NOT have as much power as it does. We don't need a demagogue, we don't need a dictator, and we don't need the attitude of "the one" to get it done. These people need to get out of the clouds filled with gum drops and unicorns and actually participate if they want their agenda. Just voting once and then complaining about "nothing getting done" is ridiculous.

Also, the Federal Government should not be as prevalent as it is. That is what your State Government is for. If we keep it up, we'll break apart like the Soviet Union because it's TOO BIG to succeed in the current model that the Obama administration is vying for.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by justinsweatt

Personally I really don't think that many people were swayed by Obama's rhetoric was that after 8 years of junior and 13 years of a GOP congress people were just plain sick of them.

Hell if the Democrats had run a piece of toast with something that looked like Jesus on it against McCain and the bimbo it would have won.

As for congress what it boils down to is that the problems facing this country and the ones rapidly approaching require hard decisions and they are all afraid or losing their seats if they make those hard decisions. What the fools can't seem to get through their pointy little heads is that if they were honest with the people about those problems and the alternative solutions as opposed to spreading fear and disinformation they may find the people would back them.

I disagree with your last paragraph however. I am no big fan of government but I do know that the rhetoric favoring smaller government is a lie and a joke. A nation of 350+million people would not be able to function with the size of government that many in the conservative ranks think it would be.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by iMacFanatic
reply to post by justinsweatt

Personally I really don't think that many people were swayed by Obama's rhetoric was that after 8 years of junior and 13 years of a GOP congress people were just plain sick of them.

Hell if the Democrats had run a piece of toast with something that looked like Jesus on it against McCain and the bimbo it would have won.

As for congress what it boils down to is that the problems facing this country and the ones rapidly approaching require hard decisions and they are all afraid or losing their seats if they make those hard decisions. What the fools can't seem to get through their pointy little heads is that if they were honest with the people about those problems and the alternative solutions as opposed to spreading fear and disinformation they may find the people would back them.

I disagree with your last paragraph however. I am no big fan of government but I do know that the rhetoric favoring smaller government is a lie and a joke. A nation of 350+million people would not be able to function with the size of government that many in the conservative ranks think it would be.

I disagree with your sentiment about the election results. With a war, a spiraling economy, and other problems that the GOP had, Obama only won by 52 % of the vote. That's not really a sweeping endorsement of Obama or the Democrat platform. That's only 2% above half. The fact that McCain was able to get 45% of the vote should tell you something.

I don't know how you can disagree with me though and make the claim that smaller government is nothing more than a lie, joke, and rhetoric. The 27 Constitutional Amendments that we have to the United States should be the ONLY thing that be spread across the 50 states. That was the genius of John Adams: State Constitutions and the 10th Amendment. The State and your community should be setting the rules of which you will live by, NOT the federal government. It worked until TR and it could certainly work again if people would embrace the responsibility that goes with having that kind of rule.

Which means yes, I would do away with the Department of Health, the Department of Education, the EPA, and the FDA as unconstitutional. They use those programs to do nothing more than blackmail the population into whatever agenda they sit fit.

Also, remember we live in a Republic NOT a direct democracy. If you want a direct democracy, change the US Constitution.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

A far left Loon or a Far right Loon is not what this country needs we need a center president we need Ron Paul.

You think Ron Paul is in the CENTER? The center of what?

Wow. Just ... wow.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join