It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississippi School District Cancels Prom Amid Lesbian Date Controversy

page: 46
<< 43  44  45   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Well lets see here.... Im white and i know not to go into the projects at night. Does that make me xenophobic also? Just wondering where the line that i crossed was. Cause i didnt see it

Well, the point you are arguing here seems to place the line at the schoolyard gates. In the not so very near future, we are going to view this kind of social ignorance about the same way as we now (well...most of us anyway) see Jim Crow.

Toronto just declined the opportunity to elect an openly gay mayor. Was it because he is gay? No...because they wanted somebody more right wing. Mind you this is a guy they call 'furious george' because he's a bully. As opposed to the right wing bully elected. I digress...

The moral of the story? That's tolerance, when a gay man is not elected on the basis of being an arse, as opposed to being a gay arse, then we as a society have moved along.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Sad huh? Whats sad is the fact that a whole school district worth of students is goin to suffer now because of one girls selfeshness. "its their fault"? Really? Every single one of them huh? All a bunch od gay bashin tardos huh? This counrty is going down the drain at a rapid pace and one of the prime reasons is that we cater to a single person when it ruins an entire comminuty. If it was truly that bad they could have moved. If i walked into a place where 90% of the people didnt like my lifestyle, i wouldnt try to force it down their throats i would go to a place with like minded people.

MOTF!

There you go. We can go back to segregated neighborhoods and segregated schools. Have designated areas for gays and other morally wrong people according to some God believers.

Do I feel bad that school districts get these huge fines? I do - but did they bring in on themselves. Yes they did.

And it says this is just court costs - - nothing about a personal settlement.

There is no way this young girl should have kept quiet allowing this discrimination - - and there is no way she should have to pay court costs for what a whole district did to her.

edit on 28-10-2010 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Well lets see here.... Im white and i know not to go into the projects at night. Does that make me xenophobic also? Just wondering where the line that i crossed was. Cause i didnt see it.

MOTF!

Oh yeah - - - projects are about race. Good to know.

I feel like I'm back in the 50s.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Well lets see here.... Im white and i know not to go into the projects at night. Does that make me xenophobic also? Just wondering where the line that i crossed was. Cause i didnt see it.
MOTF!

I'm sure there are gay 'projects' too...in fact I've been to one (at least). It's known as P-Town, Mass.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

MOTF!

I feel like I'm back in the 50s.

Well sorry you are in a time warp then. Are you trying to tell me that if i went into the projects at night that it wouldnt cause any trouble at all and id be perfectly safe? Calling me a racist dosent make you right or me wrong. I talk from personal expierences which im sure you know nothing of. Why dont you give it a try and let me know how it works out for you before you get all high and mighty on me. I never said projects were about race but that dosent change the fact that most of the people there are black or mexican does it? I feel like im surrounded by people tho cant see the forrest for the trees.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

To be honest i dont care if someone is gay or straight. Im just saying that its not wise to spit in the face of an entire comminuty.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

To be honest i dont care if someone is gay or straight. Im just saying that its not wise to spit in the face of an entire comminuty.

If one is asserting one's human rights, legal rights at that...especially as a minority...then their cause is just. Explain again to a foreigner...how is it that your American Constitution only guarantees the rights of the majority?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I dont remember ever stating that it did? You are a true debator Cannuck and i do appreciate your input on many threads. However im done with this one. What has happened is probably for the better. I was just trying to state that it is not wise to go into the loins den knowing your a lambchop.

RABBLE RABBLE!

MOTF!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I was gonna 'tag' this on here - - if no one made a separate thread for it - - but they did.

Arkansas officials condemn anti-gay comments on Facebook

Midland School District Vice President Clint McCance wrote on his personal Facebook page that he wanted gay people to commit suicide, according to The Advocate, a newspaper focusing on gay news. McCance used the terms "queer" and "fag" repeatedly, promised to disown his own children if they were gay, and stated that he enjoys "the fact that [gay people] often give each other AIDS and die."

www.abovetopsecret.com...#

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

WOW
. Douche MUCH? I certainly hope you or anyone else dosent view me like that. While i mightn not have the stance that many on here do, i certainly dont feel this way about gay people. Just sayin....

MOTF!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

WOW
. Douche MUCH? I certainly hope you or anyone else dosent view me like that. While i mightn not have the stance that many on here do, i certainly dont feel this way about gay people. Just sayin....

MOTF!

NO - I don't think you have a problem with gays at all.

That was not the point you were making. Yours was more of a "don't rock the boat" viewpoint.

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45   >>

join