It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississippi School District Cancels Prom Amid Lesbian Date Controversy

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Wow 3 in a row. Look fellas and fellets i cant help the way i feel about homos. Im even friends with a couple of gay folks but that dosent mean that i condone what they do. The bottom line is that she tryed to go against the rules and got bit. Maybe you dont agree with the rules but that dosent change them. If you want to change the rules go into politics.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Then your presentation is very far from what you intend sir, because that is EXACTLY how you are coming across.

Perhaps you would care to correct and elaborate?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

You have no idea, in some ways that goods(aka gun rights, and privacy).

In others its decidedly a very BAD thing(equality).

So you are saying the YOUR rights trump everyone elses? The SC disagrees.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Where in the world did you get that idea?

Please tell me and I will correct any confusion.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

So you clearly don't like homosexuals, yet you claim you are friends with some?

How does that work? Did you tell them you don't condone what they do?

link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

I "blabbed" all over school before special events such as dances prom or graduation, and bragged about what I intended to wear (or not wear).

So the only kid who does not have a right to run her mouth on what she is wearing (a decision that can take teen girls MONTHS and many hours of girlfriend convos) is the gay one.

The more I read of your answers, the more I disagree with them. What you are saying doesnt even make sense. Who doesnt run around blabbing when they are a teen?

You know hotbakedtater, I didn't even think of this angle. You're right, it shouldn't have mattered what in the world she was planning on wearing or doing. All the kids were more than likely going on about the big day and their plans for it. Kids will be kids.

It must have been the school board alone that took it to another level. Instead of just letting the kids have their day, they decided to take it away from them all to show everyone how utterly ignorant people can be. Let's make a mountain out of a molehill and rob the kids of their memories.

I don't get it. Was there no one on the school board with any common sense?

[edit on 11-3-2010 by jackflap]

link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
Wow 3 in a row. Look fellas and fellets i cant help the way i feel about homos. Im even friends with a couple of gay folks but that dosent mean that i condone what they do. The bottom line is that she tryed to go against the rules and got bit. Maybe you dont agree with the rules but that dosent change them.

No, thet's the SC's job and this has already been decided.

If you want to change the rules go into politics.

Like I said, this issue has already been taken care of by politicians past. The rules are unconstitutional, thus ILLEGAL.

link   
It's so funny to see all of you people blaming this girl because she wanted to stand up for herself and cause a stink about what she believed in.

Isn't that what we're kind of about here or am I mistaken? Question things. Don't fit the mold. Be different. Think outside the box.

Then all of a sudden you log on to this story, and everyone on here is saying to follow the rules (which were probably written in the last century) because it's what's best for everyone in this situation.

Goodness there sure are a lot of hypocrites around here...

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Where in the world did you get that idea?

Please tell me and I will correct any confusion.

You have no idea, in some ways that goods(aka gun rights, and privacy).

In others its decidedly a very BAD thing(equality).

Looks like picking and choosing to me.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Whats funny to me is even the school knows they don't have a leg to stand on...that is why they canceled the prom!

They didn't want her showing up in a tux or with a girl, but there is nothing they can legally do to stop her. However there is no law requiring a prom, see how this plays out?

The school board knows they would be screwed in a court.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Good, I hope you're forced to follow every single rule out there if you're such an adamant proponent of following rules. Say, are you at work right now? Because you're probably breaking a rule being on this site.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Idk i guess sometimes we cant help who we are friends with. I never said that they were bad people. And yea they do know how i feel. We agree to disagree. Not that hard.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Please elaborate how believing in the right to self defense and privacy equates no equality for minorities or women?

That is some seriously flawed thinking friend...

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Personally, I find anyone comparing this to Rosa Parks offensive FTR.

Peace

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

Homophobic behavior in high places! See what happens, the kids will not remember a prom and all the memories that accompany it. They will remember that it was canceled because of a lesbian couple. Absolutely awful if you ask me. Who doesn't want to see a lesbian couple? Just kidding.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Please elaborate how believing in the right to self defense and privacy equates no equality for minorities or women?

That is some seriously flawed thinking friend...

Maybe I'm just not getting your post then. U2u me what you mean so we don't jack this thread.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
Wow 3 in a row. Look fellas and fellets i cant help the way i feel about homos.

I never would have guessed.

Im even friends with a couple of gay folks but that dosent mean that i condone what they do.

No one is asking for your permission, nor do they require it. Where on earth did this whole "I have to condone what you do, or you can't do it and you have no rights because you're a gay and blah blah blah I gotta protect heterosexuality" come from?

If its such a small and insignificant story, I find it amusing how many people are racing to the thread in order to support the school district.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Personally, I find anyone comparing this to Rosa Parks offensive FTR.

Peace

How is this offensive?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Why? I see many similarities.

Fighting for equality is always the right thing to do, whether or not the public at large agrees.

African Americans fight, and have been fighting for equality since roughly 1860 in this country.

How is this not similar?

I see a young woman fighting for her right to be treated the same as every other student in her school. In this respect she IS the same as Rosa Parks, she was to be treated equally and fairly and not "pushed to the back" as it were.

Your stance seems the same to me, but I am still willing to listen.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join