It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississippi School District Cancels Prom Amid Lesbian Date Controversy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Like Rosa Parks? Yeah what a %&^*( she was. Now you have to talk to black people, and see black people hug on the bus right..... right? I would have hoped as a forum monitor you would be one of the few enlightened people.

You sir, are going to be the focus of all my negative energy today, because you deserve it.

Make sure you quote the right member because I don't want to be the focus of all your negative energy today, I've got work to do.

I never mentioned Rosa Parks.

Peace

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

What a bizzare comparison to make!

How did she know that the school would cancel the prom for everybody?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
OK so she openly said that her plan was to do so and shat on everyone elses good time in the process.

No, the school district did that. Keep up.

If i openly said that i was going to murder someone, do you think the police would wait areound to see if i actually did it?

Which has what to do with what? She didn't say she was going to kill someone, unless I missed that she was going to look up a member of the Gambino Family and take a tux by force.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

So what your trying to say is that if she had never caused a big sceene about all of this the prom would have still benn canceled?

I totlaay understand now.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Look at it this way, if she had just kept her "mouth" shut and shown up to the prom in the manner she'd planned, THEN been turned away, her case would have more credibility.

Instead she chose to blab all over school (I'm sure) about the tuxedo and whatever else beforehand and ruin it for everybody.

Peace

[edit on 11-3-2010 by Dr Love]

Yah.."They" should just keep their mouth shut. Talking about Prom is for "normal" people.

"They" should just wait quitely to be discrimnated against...not be so "uppity".

Seriously?...

I don't know these girls, but I am proud of them. They must have parents that at some point instilled courage in them and to taught them to take a stand for what is right....no matter what other people think.

Not sheep these two...Kudos!

[edit on 11-3-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I never mentioned Rosa Parks.

I believe the poster is referring to the "Grandstanding" and "rules" that you mentioned.

As in:

"all the seats at the back of the bus are the exact same as the seats in the front...why wouldn't that grandstanding Mrs. Parks move to the back and stop making a ruckus that could ruin it for all the black people?"

That is the same logic you are applying to this situation.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

What exactly in your book constitues a "big scene."

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

A crappy comparison i know. Maybe too hard for you to understand?

Go Mississippi Schoolboard!!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Look at it this way, if she had just kept her "mouth" shut and shown up to the prom in the manner she'd planned, THEN been turned away, her case would have more credibility.

Instead she chose to blab all over school (I'm sure) about the tuxedo and whatever else beforehand and ruin it for everybody.

Peace

[edit on 11-3-2010 by Dr Love]

I "blabbed" all over school before special events such as dances prom or graduation, and bragged about what I intended to wear (or not wear).

So the only kid who does not have a right to run her mouth on what she is wearing (a decision that can take teen girls MONTHS and many hours of girlfriend convos) is the gay one.

The more I read of your answers, the more I disagree with them. What you are saying doesnt even make sense. Who doesnt run around blabbing when they are a teen?

link   
reply to post by Kram09

Something big enough to gat a prom canceled.

link   

So what your trying to say is that if she had never caused a big sceene about all of this the prom would have still benn canceled?

I totlaay understand now.

No, I'm saying that if the school board hadn't insisted on unconstitutional rules and enforcing them to the detriment everyone else the prom wouldn't have been canceled.

link   

It's not that it's hard to understand....in fact it quite clearly illustrates your opinions about homosexuality as you're trying to draw a comparion between something as wrong and immoral as murder with homosexuality.

[edit on 11/3/10 by Kram09]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Apparently so. Girl wears a tux = Murder... nah, I don't get it. Enlighten me.

Of course, since you agree that is was a crappy comparison, I suppose that there is nothing you really need to do in order to spell it all out for me.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I diddnt know Proms were a protected Right... Forgive me for my stupidty but please show me where Prom Night is Protected....

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm surprised this happened. Even though I only went to my girlfriend's prom at her school. I know California lesbians dressed in suits. Hell I even danced with them, lol.
Maybe the south is different then the West on this matter.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

I diddnt know Proms were a protected Right... Forgive me for my stupidty but please show me where Prom Night is Protected....

I don't know what's so hard to understand. The prom isn't protected but an individuals rights are.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

All she wanted to do was attend prom. Yet the school board forced their will upon her and said we dont want you to attend prom so we are canceling prom.

Here in the real worldd, where i live, we have a thing called RULES. Out dated or no, they are there for everyone. Just because someone thinks that they are better than everyone else because they are gay/lesbian does not give them the privelage to break the rules. This KID ruined everyones prom because she thought she was special and didnt have to abey the rules. She is no more special than i am, but i understand that RULES are RULES.

Get your butt off of your shoulders.

MessOnTheFED!

Here in the real world where I live, rules are for everyone, and when a school sanctions an event, everyone is included. The school denied one student the right to attend like the other kids, based solely on the fact this child is gay. The school broke the rules of not discriminating. Instead of inclusion they practice exclusion and that is very very wrong.

That means her rights were trampled, and unfortunately that doesnt make her special at all, since it still happens every day in our country.

And I hope you are not implying something sexual with that nasty comment of yours about a butt in my face. That is uncalled for and rude.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

You have no idea, in some ways that goods(aka gun rights, and privacy).

In others its decidedly a very BAD thing(equality).

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder
That is the same logic you are applying to this situation.

OK, if that's what was meant, then I understand. As far as your quote goes, it's not even close to the same logic.

Peace

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Wow 3 in a row. Look fellas and fellets i cant help the way i feel about homos. Im even friends with a couple of gay folks but that dosent mean that i condone what they do. The bottom line is that she tryed to go against the rules and got bit. Maybe you dont agree with the rules but that dosent change them. If you want to change the rules go into politics.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join