It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississippi School District Cancels Prom Amid Lesbian Date Controversy

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by Annee

And I'm sure there will be lots of gay boys and girls kissing and groping all over the place. Bring your own throw-up bag. Lots of music by Melissa Ethridge and Ricky Martin!

As I've said before, I consider it quite unseeming...perhaps even diagnostic in nature...the way some folks fret about what other folks do with their naughty bits. Not to mention fantasizing about it.

It is to laff...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

And I'm sure there will be lots of gay boys and girls kissing and groping all over the place. Bring your own throw-up bag. Lots of music by Melissa Ethridge and Ricky Martin!

As compared to what?

Straight boys and girls kissing and groping all over the place.

People - especially teens - listen to music they like. Our gay roommate happens to like Hip Hop.

Your attempt at humor is humorless - - in this hate filled - prejudice and judgmental subject.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Constance has been named Grand Marshall of the NYC Gay Pride Parade.

www.nydailynews.com...

Who needs prom court when you’ve got the gay pride parade?

A lesbian Mississippi teen barred from attending her prom because she is gay and hoped to bring a female date has been named a grand marshal of New York City’s June 27 pride parade, organizers announced.

I'm absolutely certain that this girl had no idea how much support and acclaim she would get for standing up for the rights of a segment of citizens in our society! Who needs a prom, indeed!

[edit on 4/16/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Doesn't matter. The prom thing is over and done with. The majority of the kids at the school made their voice loud and clear going to an alternative prom held at the same time as the official prom. They didn't want some self-righteous government agency coming into their part of the world telling them how to think and believe, so they fought back and I applaud them for it. ATS is all about standing up to government, is it not?

As for Constance, NYC is where she belongs, anyway, not in Fulton, Miss. She doesn't want to be there and they don't want her there.

It's best if she goes someplace that's tolerant toward her lifestyle.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37ATS is all about standing up to government, is it not?

No actually, ATS isn't about standing up to the government at all. Perhaps you have this site confused with something else. This is a website where some people can make posts that disagree with certain policies and/or governments but is far, far from the be-all and end-all of ATS. Believe it or not there are many here that have no problems with the current government of the USA.

Some people who wish to or are working in politics do have the interests of us common folk at heart, as anyone with a brain, knowledge and a little less paranoia can see; deny ignorance indeed.

As the above paints such a clear picture of a person who knows little of the website they are currently posting on, let alone the topic at hand; how are we supposed to take their answer of, "Good, she should leave home and go somewhere more accepting towards her (perverted) lifestyle." seriously? One has to wonder if said poster was gay themselves they would have a better understanding of the unwarranted prejudice homosexuals still face in this day and age.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

Originally posted by sos37ATS is all about standing up to government, is it not?

No actually, ATS isn't about standing up to the government at all. Perhaps you have this site confused with something else.

Uh huh. Have you seen the posts in the Political Madness forum? What about the Bully Pit?

Posts in the UFOs and Alien encounters forum are constantly emphasizing government conspiracy and cover-up, FOIA requests and such as are many other topics in many other forums.

Your statement may be true FOR YOU, but you don't speak for everyone. I stand firm by the statement I made, TYVM.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by sos37]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Your statement may be true FOR YOU, but you don't speak for everyone.

And you do?

AboveTopSecret.com is the Internet's largest and most popular discussion board community dedicated to the intelligent exchange of ideas and debate on a wide range of "alternative topics" such as conspiracies, UFO's, paranormal, secret societies, political scandals, new world order, terrorism, and dozens of related topics

Maybe you should read this whole page

I wonder if Constance will wear a tuxedo to lead the parade!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

And you do?

Show me where I said I did? Oh, right, you like to put words in people's mouths.

Maybe she should wear a tux. In fact why don't you wear a tux and go march right next to her since you seem to love her so much.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

And you do?

Show me where I said I did? Oh, right, you like to put words in people's mouths.

Maybe she should wear a tux. In fact why don't you wear a tux and go march right next to her since you seem to love her so much.

I think the complete lack of awareness for civil rights for other people is funny too!

Man, I miss the good ol' days when you can just stone all those fags and dykes!

sarcasm is fun

[edit on 16-4-2010 by SpectreDC]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
There have already been at least two news reports of high schools in the south who have changed their policy about same sex dates because of what Constance did.

Not to mention how many others - - that have not made the public news forum.

Constance may not have gotten her prom. But because of her many will.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Annee]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
There have already been at least two news reports of high schools in the south who have changed their policy about same sex dates because of what Constance did.

Not to mention how many others - - that have not made the public news forum.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Annee]

Keep telling yourself that. They'll get the "official" prom while the rest of the school attends the "real" prom.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Keep telling yourself that. They'll get the "official" prom while the rest of the school attends the "real" prom.

Why the hate? Whats behind the animosity? You really are glorying in the idea of these kids being ostracized by their peers...is it only America for those who agree with you? Frankly, I question your morals a lot more than those kids that you have so much disdain for.

Does Obamacare cover cognitive therapy?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This isn't over. Constance is amending her complaint to add the "fake prom". Good for her!

ACLU complaint expands to add "decoy" prom for Constance McMillen

04/21/2010
The American Civil Liberties Union filed legal papers today in federal court on behalf of lesbian high school student Constance McMillen regarding a cruel plan to put on a "decoy" prom for her while the rest of her classmates were at a private prom 30 miles away.

The amended complaint alleges that the district's violation of the free speech rights of Constance, an 18-year-old high school senior who sued her school for canceling the prom rather than let her attend with her girlfriend, have repeatedly caused Constance to be humiliated and harassed.
The case name is Constance McMillen v. Itawamba County School District, et al.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Thank you BH and Annee for the updates.

I support Contance fight and good for her for amending the complaint.

As far as SOS.

In America we don't have to move to NYC if we are gay. That is ludicrous.

I support all those who are for infringing upon the civil rights of gays moving to an island together. Why should the gays be the ones who have to move away? The gays are not the ones having a problem oh other than demanding their civil rights be honored.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
civil rights to go to a prom where most of the kids don't want a lesbian couple there lol

Then a gay pride parade in NY, emphasising their difference hah.

Love the righteous indignation from the supposed "liberal" folk

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hate Group Westboro Baptist "Church" will picket Constance's graduation.

The Westboro Baptist Church, which has drawn jeers for picketing at soldiers' funerals and on Tuesday cheered the deaths of 12 tornado victims in Mississippi, said in a statement last weekend that they will be on hand for Constance McMillen's high school graduation ceremony, the Advocate reported.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Hate Group Westboro Baptist "Church" will picket Constance's graduation.

The Westboro Baptist Church, which has drawn jeers for picketing at soldiers' funerals and on Tuesday cheered the deaths of 12 tornado victims in Mississippi, said in a statement last weekend that they will be on hand for Constance McMillen's high school graduation ceremony, the Advocate reported.

Won't that provide a right-royal quandary for a certain political demographic?

Does one cheer for the queers or the cretinous fundies?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Personally, I'm glad Phelps is going for a couple of reasons.
1.) His kind really need to be in the media for a little while longer, give them enough rope, they'll hang themselves eventually.
2.) Since the military in general is thought of so poorly now a days, and God knows the ACLU can't stand up for their members, maybe since an actual gay person is getting attacked by them, the gay community will try and do something about them.....it's possible.
3.) Since I believe from the get go this has been a money making scheme, and the ACLU is just using her as a tool it will do one of two things. Either the ACLU will have to step up and sue Fred......hopefully out of existence, or they'll do nothing and show this lawsuit as the charade it is. Time to put up or shut up for the ACLU, what do you think will happen?

[edit on 3-5-2010 by adifferentbreed]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
3.) Since I believe from the get go this has been a money making scheme, and the ACLU is just using her as a tool it will do one of two things. Either the ACLU will have to step up and sue Fred......hopefully out of existence, or they'll do nothing and show this lawsuit as the charade it is. Time to put up or shut up for the ACLU, what do you think will happen?

The ACLU has actually sued FOR Phelps in the past. He has the Freedom of Speech on his side and has every right to do what he does.

Source

The ACLU isn't a pro-gay group. They support our freedoms. There's nothing they CAN do or SHOULD do about Phelps.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I never said the aclu was pro gay but it proves my point. She was made to feel bad, by the school. What about Phelps.....hmmmm, so Phelps has free speech, and freedom of opinion, the girl does too......however the school doesn't? Enlighten me as to how this is right.

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46 >>

join