It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The day full disclosure was derailed August 21, 1955 :D

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Oh where to start lol,

I found this article at ufocasebook : Full Article I literally laughed till I cried at the story...

As was the custom in those parts, Lucky and Billy grabbed their guns and headed outside, planning to shoot first, and ask questions later.

Only a short distance from the front door, both men were stopped dead in their tracks by the sight of a 3-4 foot tall creature, who was walking towards them with hands up, as if to surrender.
As if too surrender mind you lol!

Frightened by the small greenish entity, Billy Ray fired a shot with his .22, and Lucky unloaded with his shotgun.
That 'surrender' posture can be some scary stuff lol!

Both men later admitted that there was no way they missed the creature at close range, but the little being just did a back flip, and ran into the woods in fright.
Lol! They where scared! I can't stop crying it is so funny lol!

SO, blame the 'Family Sutton' for the aborted full disclosure you wanted so bad.

Thanks,
Vance

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hi Vance, the Hopkinsville incident is certainly a freaky one and has yet to be disproven - you can read about it at the thread below.

Hopkinsville,Kentucky,United States - August the 21st, 1955:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e592b8d8b34a.jpg[/atsimg]

The Kelly-Hopkinsville Incident, 1955, Family Terrorised By Alleged ET's

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Not entirely sure where or what the source of such hysterical hilarity is that the OP seems to be so tickled about.

IMO it's a genuine mystery and one that should be explored further. From my perspective, a variety of different factors provide substantial evidence that this is not a hoax - such as the fact that the stories have not changed in all these years, the fact that the family shot the living crap out of their own house, the fact that the family made no money from the story, the fact that the family were so genuinely scared that the police investigated not once, but twice......and the list goes on......

Again, I'm still perplexed as to where the humour is in this article....

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Dissappointed....again! I was hoping from the thread title you may have uncovered govenment documents suggesting the disclosure of unknown arial craft after a ufo flap in the 50's, which would atleast, have been interesting reading.

More trash.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Hi Vance, the Hopkinsville incident is certainly a freaky one and has yet to be disproven - you can read about it at the thread below.

Hopkinsville,Kentucky,United States - August the 21st, 1955:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e592b8d8b34a.jpg[/atsimg]

The Kelly-Hopkinsville Incident, 1955, Family Terrorised By Alleged ET's

Makes me wonder....

how come ETs and other odd creatures never have wee-wees?

Are they all females or genetically engineered so they don't need to have their "dirty bits"?!

[edit on 11-3-2010 by JonInMichigan]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I think.....think...that OPs is laughing at the sheer dumbassness of the Suttons.
see something weird, shoot it. the most primitive mindset humanity can muster up and they are the ones that have potential first contact with a advanced race.

however...if this story is true, it could prove that we do indeed come from monkeys...and some of us are still monkeys...just well trained hairless ones.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I've read several articles about this incident, and it is bizarre.

However, when I read the article the OP posted, I understand his reaction. The author seems to go out of his way to make the people seem as ignorant, hillbillish as possible. It's practically a stereotype.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
It's practically a stereotype.

Or, maybe thats the incident where the stereotype originates from...the little green men meeting up with some hillbillys, and ever since then the story has become the visual people get.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Or, maybe thats the incident where the stereotype originates from...the little green men meeting up with some hillbillys, and ever since then the story has become the visual people get.
reply to post by SaturnFX

LOL!

That made me laugh....thanks for the grin.

It's kinda off topic, but I'll share anyway.

I'm from the south. We have a lot of folks who visit for the first time and are surprised at how "normal" things can be.

I was working at a tourist store while in college. A middle aged customer asked me, in all seriousness,

"I thought all of you went barefoot. How come so many are wearing shoes? Can you read?"

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
reply to post by Kryties

I think.....think...that OPs is laughing at the sheer dumbassness of the Suttons.
see something weird, shoot it. the most primitive mindset humanity can muster up and they are the ones that have potential first contact with a advanced race.

however...if this story is true, it could prove that we do indeed come from monkeys...and some of us are still monkeys...just well trained hairless ones.

And what about those hypothetical advanced racers?

Landing, at night, without diplomatic relations, in the middle of nowhere, without any effective plan for reasonable contact, knowing that the natives have firearms?

This is like some Beverly Hills spoiled bimbo flying her saucer into a lion's pride in an African game reserve. "ooh, look the kitties! my what big teeth you have! wanna play with some yarn?"

Are They Smart Or Not?

It's pretty obvious that if there exists some They out there, and They are coming here, then They do NOT want open contact or this supposed "Disclosure", and they have their own reasons for it.

And I believe it's OK for us to be ticked off about it.

And if They happen to scare the crap out of some partially-red-tinged-robust-gentlemen-with-guns, boy look at the kitties!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonInMichigan
Makes me wonder....

how come ETs and other odd creatures never have wee-wees?

Hi Jon - there are quite a few examples in this thread which report them wearing clothing so I guess we'll never know.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Originally posted by SaturnFX
reply to post by Kryties

And what about those hypothetical advanced racers?

Landing, at night, without diplomatic relations, in the middle of nowhere, without any effective plan for reasonable contact, knowing that the natives have firearms?

Here we have a case of dumbasses on earth meeting dumbasses from space. perfect fit.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hey I have a question: Which is worse? UFO hoaxers with silly stories? Or ATSr's who post threads with misleading thread titles and do poor research before posting?

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
What ever...

Thank you Saturn FX.
You not only think, you know what I was getting at and I do appreciate it. I found it humorous the telling of the story. I placed a smile in the thread title to denote the satire I found - or so I thought.
I was born and raised "Southern" and not only was this reaction to something unknown familiar to me in that time frame (1950's) by rednecks, it is still familiar to me here in 2010 lol! I know literally thousands that would react that same way to something unknown.

I don't know, maybe you have to be Southern US bread to get or see the humor as I saw it. I did however quote the parts I found humorous with comments mind you, and thought that was clear enough. I see I failed and sorry to say, find myself laughing at that as well.

Edit to add:
I was not making any judgement on the merits of the story because with the evidence I have seen, no judgement can be made unless you where actually there.
As for the thread title, it may well be the day was planned for full disclosure till the Sutton family "Shot first and asked questions later" lol!

[edit on 3-12-2010 by vance]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by vance

S & F to you for this one. My sides hurt so much from laughing I got a cramp now

Oh the south........

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I've heard the Sutton story before. It is one of the few that I give any kind of credability to. As far as their opening fire, don't rush to judgement. It is real easy for us to all sit here and second guess them, when we are not under the pressure and stresses that they were. Ever hear of the "Fight or Flight" reaction to fear?

I heard a comedian once doing a bit on the ET movie. He said "If I see strange lights and something that looks like a dried up scrotum, I'm not handing it Reese's Pieces. I'm going for a 12 gauge pump and some Hefty bags.". I'd have to agree with him.

I know if I'm out in the woods with my rifle and run into Bigfoot, it is going to be a bad day for Bigfoot.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Thanks Jim,
You made my point right there lol. Now it must be more clear what I was actually getting at posting this thread.

Vance

ps:
ANd thank you as well Mr. Lee. Wether anyone misses the humor is of their choice lol, it is still quite funny none the less.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by vance

The account of their story that I read said that the creature appeared to float like a soap bubble. I believe that they saw it on their roof and it jumped to the ground. This account also stated that it wore some type of shimmering garment. Now if you combine this with what happened when the creature was shot, it seems like it had some type of gravity or inertia dampener. This may explain why it didn't seem to be hurt when it was shot. Wish I could find that book. It was written in 1967 and I read it in 1978.

top topics

join