It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horny Elephant Stampedes Through Hindu Wedding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Horny Elephant Stampedes Through Hindu Wedding

www.weirdasianews.com

Weddings are an occasion never to be forgotten, especially when the bride and groom both come from noble origins.
Consider, for instance, the New Delhi wedding of Indian parliament member Kadir Rana’s son (Shah Mohd) and Indian parliament member Munquad Ali’s daughter (Sumbul Parveen) on February 24th, 2010.
It was supposed to be a majestic event worthy of sensational praise, but that quickly fell through due to the outrageous actions of a horned-up, 35-year-old elephant named Sheru.
Sheru is a male. And every year, male elephants like Sheru enter into a state of heat...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/11/2010 by iMacFanatic]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Heh heh heh...so many jokes so little time.

I don't know which would be more frightening...being in the way of a stampeding Elephant or being in the way of a horny Elephant.

Be that as it may I smell a lawsuit in the making...after all as the article says the handler should have known better.

I wonder having a horny Elephant at a wedding in India would be considered auspicious or nor?

www.weirdasianews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Having the groom ride on a elephant during a marriage procession is a form of showing the status a family has. Many consider it a great pride. But sometimes, things like this do tend to happen.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
As long as the bride wasn't the target of the elephant's lust the wedding can go on.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by iMacFanatic
As long as the bride wasn't the target of the elephant's lust the wedding can go on.

It was not mentioned whether the wedding went on as planned. Here, when things like this happen, there is a feeling that this signifies a bad omen and that god doesnt like this function happening. And more or less they stop the marriage and look for different partners for the bride and groom.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I watched a show once about where rampaging elephants are such a problem that women going into labor are shuffled into treehouses just in case. Because you can't runaway from a rampaging elephant when your in labor.

The world is so oddly diverse.

top topics

join