It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have I been exposed to multiple toxins?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Hello ATS. Yesterday I was filling out my medical forms for my redeployment back to the states when I ran into a questionaire on what type of pathogens I might have been exposed to. The following question was asked of me to check or answer that seemed intriguing to me.

1. Have you ever been exposed to:

Uranium

Animal Feces

Lead paint

Dust storms

Industrial fumes

Oil fires

There are numerous other options that was brought to my attention but I have a very bad memory on what they are but those at the top are what I remember. I have checked yes to some of them but I wouldn't know how to say how much of each toxin I have been exposed to but Here's a questions from me.

IF some but not all of these toxin were inside me from breathing them in then would the medics tell me what problems I might come to in the future and if so would they compensate me for when I get out of the army in a few months or would they see this as least threatening to my health and just send me on my way. I'd like to know what you guys think.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
My brother is on a nuclear sub. He gets a nice monthly paycheck as soon as he leaves the navy because he is around nuclear substances. Plus a nice pension plan on top of the monthly check. Unfortunately for him this means he will probably die of cancer/tumor.

It really depends what you are exposed to and for how long. Uranium is the worst on your list. Prolonged exposure can give you a tumor/cancer, that could develop in anytime. You should look that up. Lead paint will just make you see the night sky in the perspective of Van Gogh(Starry Night), it's curable now a days . But that only if you have been ingesting it. Cant help with the industrial waste, would have to now what kind. Sorry that the truth sucks but I know its what you are looking for.

Thank you for your service, I hope they set you up.
Peace and make it home safe, and remember you will always have some there for you.

Pajjikor

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pajjikor
My brother is on a nuclear sub. He gets a nice monthly paycheck as soon as he leaves the navy because he is around nuclear substances. Plus a nice pension plan on top of the monthly check. Unfortunately for him this means he will probably die of cancer/tumor.

It really depends what you are exposed to and for how long. Uranium is the worst on your list. Prolonged exposure can give you a tumor/cancer, that could develop in anytime. You should look that up. Lead paint will just make you see the night sky in the perspective of Van Gogh(Starry Night), it's curable now a days . But that only if you have been ingesting it. Cant help with the industrial waste, would have to now what kind. Sorry that the truth sucks but I know its what you are looking for.

Peace and make it home safe, and remember you will always have some there for you.

Pajjikor

Thanks for the reply. In my last deployment there was plenty of M1A2 tanks that have armor that is made of depleted uranium. Fortunately I am not a tanker and haven't been around them for long but I wonder if when those tanks get hit with gunfire and some of the particles end up in the crews lungs then maybe they will get that tumor/ cancer so I guess I can count myself lucky. As far as the evironment here it is just so filthy and nasty. I have also been exposed to sulfer as well and man it smells worst then the sewage treatment plants I frequent but I hope it isnt as bad for my health. $tar for you.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

No you good, as far as anyone can tell, only bad effect of sulfur is a bad smell. Depleted uranium, as far as I know all bad stuff has been depleted, so you good. enjoy your good health.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!

Pajjikor

Thanks for the reply. In my last deployment there was plenty of M1A2 tanks that have armor that is made of depleted uranium. Fortunately I am not a tanker and haven't been around them for long but I wonder if when those tanks get hit with gunfire and some of the particles end up in the crews lungs then maybe they will get that tumor/ cancer so I guess I can count myself lucky. As far as the evironment here it is just so filthy and nasty. I have also been exposed to sulfer as well and man it smells worst then the sewage treatment plants I frequent but I hope it isnt as bad for my health. $tar for you.

Wow...dumbest thing ever. Must be infantry. The armor on an M1 is not depleted uranium, though the sabot rounds they carry are. As a combat engineer who spent time in the sanbox myself, I can only wonder just what your mos was. PAC clerk?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by EireEngineer

thank you for clearly showing your ignorance as a combat engineer and showing disgrace to you MOS
. Allow me to clear your head of such junk with this link

en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe next time you will think before you type your next reply.

P.S I am not infantry nor am I a tanker. I am just an artilllery man doing an infantry's job since my MOS is a dying breed.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Pajjikor

Wow! I wasn't aware that being on a nuclear sub was so detrimental to ones health. I'm aware that being around radioactive material is bad juju, but didn't think it had the health risks to actually pay sailors just for being in the sub! I'm so glad for reconsidering signing up for the navy. They wanted me to become a nuke. I would probably have been certain to die of cancer in that case!

No you good, as far as anyone can tell, only bad effect of sulfur is a bad smell. Depleted uranium, as far as I know all bad stuff has been depleted, so you good. enjoy your good health.

To my understanding, depleted uranium is not so depleted. It's thought to be the reason of vastly increased rates of birth defects and miscarriages in Baghdad. It's also implicated with increased rates of cancer in troops.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by Pajjikor

Wow! I wasn't aware that being on a nuclear sub was so detrimental to ones health. I'm aware that being around radioactive material is bad juju, but didn't think it had the health risks to actually pay sailors just for being in the sub! I'm so glad for reconsidering signing up for the navy. They wanted me to become a nuke. I would probably have been certain to die of cancer in that case!

To my understanding, depleted uranium is not so depleted. It's thought to be the reason of vastly increased rates of birth defects and miscarriages in Baghdad. It's also implicated with increased rates of cancer in troops.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by unityemissions]

This is very true on the delpeted uranium. Not only is it used in munitions but on the armor of modern M1A2 tanks. I remember a video I saw a week ago or so that showed deformed kids of Iraq due to using White Phouspherous (sorry for bad spelling) and DP shells. We are doing more harm to the environment here then actually helping it and were responsible for it all :shk:.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
Hello ATS. Yesterday I was filling out my medical forms for my redeployment back to the states when I ran into a questionaire on what type of pathogens I might have been exposed to. The following question was asked of me to check or answer that seemed intriguing to me.

1. Have you ever been exposed to:

Uranium

Animal Feces

Lead paint

Dust storms

Industrial fumes

Oil fires

Say YES to everything, even if you're not quite sure. Document everything. Without a paper trail you have no chance of any recourse. Also make copies of anything and everything that pertains to any exposure or any health issues, even if you go to the TMC for foot fungus or something.

Create a paper trail on everything.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

I have been denied my purple heart from my last deployment because I didn't have copies of my medical records but those who were hurt less then me somehow got it with no problem. I guess it would be wise to make more copies on me.

new topics

top topics

join