It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Eros 433 mysteries: artificial structures on the Eros433 asteroid?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gallifreyan medic
Ah,well bugger I.
Thats where Denzil left his tractor.I tells him not to drive it when
he's P*ssed.

Joking aside,very interesting the first couple of pics.
Have to agree with previous comments about the other pics.

Good on ya posting them.

Hi gallifreyan
Maybe your friend Denzil has build also a small farm up there and has realized a system of irrigation with the tubes and used its plow on the "Giant Potato".

Thanks for your opinion.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
reply to post by Arimbari

Great Finds (been spoken about before these anomalies) - you've bought some nice new images - 5 stars!

Thanks very much for your cooment WZN.
I appreciate a lot.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
It has square craters, too.

WASHINGTON -- Space scientists are squaring off with asteroid Eros.

The Near Earth Asteroid Rendezvous (NEAR) spacecraft has eyed unusual square craters on Asteroid 433 Eros, about 109 million miles (176 million kilometers) from Earth.

The NEAR photo find suggests that the space rock is riddled with a system of faults, fractures and cracks. Such craters, scientists say, offer new clues to the age and history of Eros.

"There are weird-shaped craters on Eros. It's turned out to be a very complex place," said Olivier Barnouin-Jha, a crater expert on the NEAR project at the Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) in Laurel, Maryland.

APL built the NEAR, which was launched in February 1996, and serves as mission control for the asteroid-surveying spacecraft.

Barnouin-Jha told SPACE.com that the odd-shaped craters appear to have been formed within preexisting faults on Eros. As the craters were created, those faults served to contain the shock wave resulting from the explosive smacks into Eros' surface, he said.

more at:
www.space.com...

Thanks for your input and new info.
Eros 433 is a really interesting asteroid.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwiffler

The problem with your supposition is that "square rocks" are usually found with other square rocks, not standing all alone. Take the Devil's Causeway or the Devil's tower or any other place where the geology prevails that produces square or hex shaped rocks. There are usually lots of them hanging around together in a formation of some sort.

I believe what the OP has here truly are anomalies including the tubes and embedded foundation corners.

I think it is fairly arrogant of folks to assume that we are the only intelligent life to ever inhabit the cosmos. Especially considering how incredibly large and old that our universe is.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

Thanks for your support and your info, ucalien.

No. I'm not from the "magic" Brazil.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by Arimbari]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Just a quick Google and this comes up:

www.orbdev.com...

Apparently,

Eros is a near-Earth asteroid of significant value (estimated at $15.84 trillion).

How do they work that out?

And you can’t go there because:

Central to the success of the Eros Project is Orbital Development’s present ownership of the entire property.

So it belongs to an American company already…Yeah, ooook.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Pictures 2+3 do look intriuging,That light coloured squarish thing does not look like part of the asteroid,more like some kind of structure.

Have we sent any missions to land on Eros?
Or have one of our probes crashed into it?

If not,thats very weird indeed.

Thanks.
About your question, I think that NEAR was the first spacecraft send on this asteroid. And yes, your argument is very intriguing.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hmm,the NEAR sapcecraft took the photos.
The squarish object in pics 2+3 look a bit like some kind of crash landed probe-And NEAR did land on Eros,although it had not landed (presumably)when it was taking these pics.

Heres a pic of the NEAR

Looks kind of squarish too!

Maybe they sent a similar probe earlier,which also landed on the rock-maybe thats what we are seeing?

Sure looks anomalous to me.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
Just a quick Google and this comes up:

www.orbdev.com...

Apparently,

Eros is a near-Earth asteroid of significant value (estimated at $15.84 trillion).

How do they work that out?

And you can’t go there because:

Central to the success of the Eros Project is Orbital Development’s present ownership of the entire property.

So it belongs to an American company already…Yeah, ooook.

Interesting find.
However I don't think that this claim can be allowed by the Space International Treaty.
Or this Company is already up there and drill?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Hmm,the NEAR sapcecraft took the photos.
The squarish object in pics 2+3 look a bit like some kind of crash landed probe-And NEAR did land on Eros,although it had not landed (presumably)when it was taking these pics.

Heres a pic of the NEAR

Looks kind of squarish too!

Maybe they sent a similar probe earlier,which also landed on the rock-maybe thats what we are seeing?

Sure looks anomalous to me.

NEAR spacecraft seem The FIRST and ONLY spacecraft sended on Eros433.
Then the "anomalies" are, eventually, not ours.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0
I kind of agree with Babylonstew.
The earlier pics are definitely intriguing. The latter ones..

One should always be aware of the fact the mind looks for patterns. If you are looking for patterns you will see patterns, it is that simple. Does that prove there is nothing there? No, of course not.

That being said, all I see are rocks and dust in the later pics.

EDIT:
I S&F-d because it's really damn nice to see some more activity that isn't partisan bickering

[edit on 11-3-2010 by lordtyp0]

Yeah I agree, I too wonder what that little square thing is... though it could be a data transmission error.. that thing is a VERY long distance call from here..or it could be the detonator for a doomsday device in case the fascist corporate military industrial complex... try to export their brand of governance elsewhere... and the TRealPTB can just press the "Select create cataclysmic asteroid bombardment of earth" button...
Thanks for the post S&F'd.

And Here is a post on pattern recognition LINK

[edit on 11-3-2010 by seataka]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
could that be the NEAR sattelite sent to photo it? i remember reading they landed it on it i believe. So maybe that is it. Not saying eros doesn't have any interesting features on it. here's a fun read

www.enterprisemission.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegreatone
could that be the NEAR sattelite sent to photo it? i remember reading they landed it on it i believe. So maybe that is it. Not saying eros doesn't have any interesting features on it. here's a fun read

www.enterprisemission.com...

doesnt that kind of imply it photographed inself ater it laned there, meaning it was in 2 places at once?, or, did it send a probe from the craft inself, kind of a lander and orbiter deal?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

looks like a caravan. Strange indeed.
edit on 8-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This could be a "GRAVITY TRACTOR" that "WE" put there....

Please hear Dr. Carol Rosin – Manager of Fairchild Industries testimony at this link:
www.youtube.com...
If you want to hear other credible testimony as to how they are doing this, click this link:
www.youtube.com...
If you want to know what is being done about this, click here:
www.youtube.com...
If you want to see the big picture, click here:
www.exopoliticalresearchgroup.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
How do threads like this get resurrected?

It's a great find, though. I can't give the OP a star, but I gave him a flag. It's a very interesting feature, if it's really there.

The shadow of the object in the first image gives a hint of the shape of the object. Here's the image flipped around and skewed to compensate for the sun angle, so that the shadow represents the object.

edit on 1-4-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark
I'm curious as to how someone notices this stuff in the first place.
The primary asteroid picture you have, where did it come from?
Is it a composite picture?
Something doesn't seem right around here...

Or he could have stumbled on the livingmoon post re this which links to and image of the square object first posted on here in 2007!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This is cool!!! If anything it gives ones imagination a go. Some if the rocks or mounds look like pyramids. S&F

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

In your third picture, you circle an object for review which is on the "edge" of the asteroid. Yet you failed to show any intetest in something which is below and to the left of it.
This other object seems to have a shiny reflective top and is casting a fairly long shadow.
I would greatly appreciate if you could improve the image of this object,

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The bloody Irish have taken potato farming to a new level...Oh, you Irish!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join