It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Eros 433 mysteries: artificial structures on the Eros433 asteroid?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
There is an asteroid in orbit between the Earth and Mars (Eros433) like a “giant potato” studded of “strange objects”. I have given a glance to some images taken by the official NASA site of mission NEAR (Near Earth Asteroid Rendezvous), the probe that has arrived near the asteroid in year 2000, and, to a more careful glance, I have found something strange. This is my first thread and I want submit to your attention what I’ve found.

I’m courious and I have tried to rotate the images and to enlarge some “strange” details. Some of these details seems artificials. Maybe only my immagination but these structures seem ancient ruins buried under the sand or strange machinery or devices.
Who knows…
The photos are inserted in the official NEAR site and are there from seeing! Anyone can go up the site of NASA to download the “originals” and to confront them with my elaborations… and to give his own opinion.

All the images was taken from the “NEAR Shoemaker” spacecraft.
Source
ser.sese.asu.edu...

near.jhuapl.edu...

Unnatural squared structure. Artificial?

Other anomaly: squared artificial structure?

Devices buried? (upper side). Notice the 90° angles.

Enlarged details (green rings)

Machinery buried? (red rings) Notice the strange device like a comb shape, the "snake" or curved tubes (?), and the "pipe" (?) on the right side.

Hi ATSers. This is my first Thread. So, apologize me for my grammar. English is not my language.
Thanks.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
first 3 images are interesting, but sadly the rest, to me at least, appear to be just clutchign at straws, no offence to the OP.
like i said, first 3 do look artificial, but the rest, just image artifacts, comperssion, etc... sorry :0
PS> im no expert just opinion only

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I kind of agree with Babylonstew.
The earlier pics are definitely intriguing. The latter ones..

One should always be aware of the fact the mind looks for patterns. If you are looking for patterns you will see patterns, it is that simple. Does that prove there is nothing there? No, of course not.

That being said, all I see are rocks and dust in the later pics.

EDIT:
I S&F-d because it's really damn nice to see some more activity that isn't partisan bickering

[edit on 11-3-2010 by lordtyp0]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by babylonstew

Thanks for your opinion.
If only one of these anomalies is artificial then...
But who could analyze them?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Thanks Lordtyp0.
I agree whit you, but two "tubes" whit 90° angles in the same image is really strange.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Arimbari

Maybe a geologist...

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Great! Are you a geologist? Could you try to analyze these images?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I'm curious as to how someone notices this stuff in the first place.
The primary asteroid picture you have, where did it come from?
Is it a composite picture?
Something doesn't seem right around here...

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

Hi Matthew.
About the first gif image, it was taken some times ago from a site about Eros asteroid and NEAR probe. I saved this image on my computer because I like it, but i dont remember the site.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
How big is that asteroid?

I personally wouldn't expect it to hold down rocks on the surface with the average asteroid's gravity. They would have to be built-in features. which means...

I don't know.

Time to take off the tinfoil hat before my brain explodes, lol.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Ah,well bugger I.
Thats where Denzil left his tractor.I tells him not to drive it when
he's P*ssed.

Joking aside,very interesting the first couple of pics.
Have to agree with previous comments about the other pics.

Good on ya posting them.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

G'day Arimbari

Congratulations on your first thread

I'm not 100% certain, but I think I've seen that 1st "sqared off" image posted somewhere on here previously.

If it wasn't that exact image, it was quite similar.

Perhaps you could have a search around ATS in case you find some relevant info.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I have a rock I found in my back yard that from certain angles looks like a perfect rectangular box. It's perfectly natural for some angles in nature to be close to or almost exactly 90 degree. Because of many factors, rocks often form in layers that can be very straight and they then can sheer in very straight lines as well giving box like shapes.

Honestly, spend a week in the bush looking for unusual rocks and you will find them. As far as analysis goes, our eyes are as good as any geologists.

PS: I will photograph this rock and post it. You will be amazed at its shape but I can tell you, it's just a rock. One like many that I have seen.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by mrwiffler]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Great Finds (been spoken about before these anomalies) - you've bought some nice new images - 5 stars!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It has square craters, too.

WASHINGTON -- Space scientists are squaring off with asteroid Eros.

The Near Earth Asteroid Rendezvous (NEAR) spacecraft has eyed unusual square craters on Asteroid 433 Eros, about 109 million miles (176 million kilometers) from Earth.

The NEAR photo find suggests that the space rock is riddled with a system of faults, fractures and cracks. Such craters, scientists say, offer new clues to the age and history of Eros.

"There are weird-shaped craters on Eros. It's turned out to be a very complex place," said Olivier Barnouin-Jha, a crater expert on the NEAR project at the Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) in Laurel, Maryland.

APL built the NEAR, which was launched in February 1996, and serves as mission control for the asteroid-surveying spacecraft.

Barnouin-Jha told SPACE.com that the odd-shaped craters appear to have been formed within preexisting faults on Eros. As the craters were created, those faults served to contain the shock wave resulting from the explosive smacks into Eros' surface, he said.

more at:
www.space.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

The first artifact picture has been analysed before, i believe on www.enterprisemission.com...

(Edit to add) found the article i think www.enterprisemission.com...

I remember the exact image because i was following the event of the probe at the time.
It looks very interesting this one and i am sure there are some more people on ATS who have seen it that have much more expertise than i do, i hope they wil visit this thread.

But i think i agree with the second poster that only this anomaly is of real interest, in the others i see nothing until you draw on them.
The first one clearly stands out.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by jaamaan]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Vc é brasileiro??? Não precisa dizer da onde...

Relax man, you got something here. Don't be afraid to express your opinion and don't give so much importance to skeptics commentaries. Most of satellite bodies of our solar system, have remains of ancient structures. Iapetus moon (Saturn) have remains of ancient crafts, large buildings, bridges and signs of mining activity. In the '80s the retired Russian pilot Col. Marina Popovich, disclosed that Phobos moon (Mars) is a hollow space station. After the incident of the russian probes, she released a image of a large cigar-like spaceship entering Phobos. The retired american astronaut Buzz Aldrin, has claiming our moon is a hollow body with alien bases within. I'm sure you got something in these pics you've posting.

Dê uma checada no meu canal no You Tube e confira os videos sobre antigas estruturas encontradas nas fotos da NASA.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Pictures 2+3 do look intriuging,That light coloured squarish thing does not look like part of the asteroid,more like some kind of structure.

Have we sent any missions to land on Eros?
Or have one of our probes crashed into it?

If not,thats very weird indeed.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

G'day to you and thanks.
I've search about ATS thread about Eros 433 but find nothing about these strange anomalies.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join