It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lucid dream invader.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I haven't been a stranger to lucid dreams. Although I've never pursued lucid dreams or astro projection the dreams always seem to occur naturally. This thread will hopefully help enlighten me on a recent lucid dream which has disturbed me ever since.

Here goes: The dream began in a street not too far from my residence. I was walking towards a very good friends house. By this time I knew it was a lucid dream because I had one of those good excited feelings you get. As I walked down the familiar footpath I could see a very tall slim figure in the distance. Almost instantly I had an overwhelming sense of fear engulf me. As the figure approached I could make out details. It was human(I think) probably 9 feet tall, Wore a dark gray, thinly striped dinner suit and had burned raw red skin with an enlarged and en-longed forehead. I turned and ran in the opposite direction. Looking back I realized that it was still getting closer, no matter how fast I ran. I cut behind a house and jumped fences as I still tried to lose it. Even at this point I still knew it was a lucid dream, But the fear was so great all I could think about was getting away. I jumped one more fence and landed right in front of it. I somehow managed to fight back the fear and draw two samurai. No matter how much I sliced I just knew I couldn't defeat it. I felt defeated.

The dream ended when my alarm clock woke me up. I could feel my heart beating faster and my breathing had quickened. It took me awhile to pull myself together.

I have no clue what to make of this. Never before have I had a dream that has disturbed me so much.

Open to opinions.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost in the Machine

The thing that you ran into, did you get the feeling that it was lucid as well? Was there something aware about the being?

Just curious.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
How is that dream any different from most dreams?

I don't think that classifies as lucid dreaming unless you felt that you had extreme control over the situation.

Or maybe I just have a misconception of what a lucid dream is? If it's more like what you described, then maybe I do remember having a lucid dream (previously I've never been able to think of one).

It was actually this really love passionate dream where I was inlove with this girl (who for some odd reason was Kristen Stewart, before she got famous for Twilight). I remember it having such a real feeling, it felt more real than any dream I've ever had to be honest. I had this strange feeling of control, and I also remember being able to express very strong emotions.

I always thought it was just a regular dream, but maybe it was a lucid dream?=D

[edit on 11-3-2010 by ZikhaN]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

I would say so, Atleast to a degree. I knew I couldn't beat and I knew it was there to get me.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

It wasn't a nightmare. That I'm sure of. I knew what I was doing, I knew I was in a dream. And just the fact that while I was in danger I was able to will swords for my defense.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Oh so lucid dreaming just means being aware that it's a dream?

Then maybe I was wrong about my dream too. Or maybe I was aware, I don't remember=S

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Open to opinions.

Think bigger. Next time, instead of making swords with which to defend yourself, change the entire scene and all elements within it.

If you can conjure swords, you can replace the entire environment.

Also, if it is a conscious being you're dealing with, you might try talking to it.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

It was one of those "in the moments" sort of thing. It didn't even come to mind at the time, All I could think about was killing or fleeing. Nothing else really mattered at the moment. It was really that intense.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Wow. Sounds tough. I recommend trying to consciously build up your mental defenses, that's what took care of my nightmares. Also, I recommend trying for creativity. It's a lucid dream. Seriously. Act like a 4 year old!
Samurai swords? Good. Death star? Better. T-Rex with lasers? BEST.

Hope it helped.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

I completely agree TRY TALKING TO IT! I wanna know what a dream invader has to say. keep us up to date.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Never ever run, especially if you know its just a dream. This may have just been like a little test from the subconscious to see if youd run and try fight it or if youd turn and face it. Id suggest if you see it again and are lucky enough to be lucid know that it cannot harm you and turn and face it show it love and be curious about it, laugh at its attempts to be scary, maybe try giving the poor thing a hug. Upon doing this... well many things can happen but itll leave you feeling amazing when you wake up, as though you just conquered something

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

yeah sounds like what your talking about is a semi lucid dream. when you have full lucidity as i often do, nothing can cause fear in your world because it is of your own construction. you are the god in your dreams. keep at it man full lucidity is the most awesome experience i have ever experienced its like virtual reality on steroids. your world is literally at your fingertips and you can do anything you want ANYTHING.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Perhaps I will try 'talking it out' with it. But it was just the mere appearance and whole aura about the being that was just instantly terrifying.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Guess I learnt something new about Lucid Dreams=D

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I have had terrible "movie" dreams where I have NO control...

The worst one recently:

This guy(struggling guy I'll call him) was trying to make it at a new job and working very hard. I could tell he was having a hard time in life, but kept a positive attitude. Eventually, he was in his bedroom with his wife and baby. Things seemed to be working out.

Then an intruder jumped from the shadows on to his back. He had a pistol and started firing at the struggling guy's head. He missed a twice and then hit his mark blasting the guys forehead out on to the floor. Suddenly the baby looked as if it were just born and the intruder fired one bullet into the baby's head as the mother screamed. I could feel the horror. He then shot the mother and then himself. The struggling guy was still alive somehow and the baby as well.

The baby picked up the gun and shot the struggling man, putting him out of his misery just before the child fell over spilling its brains everywhere...I then heard random voices in the "theater" crying. One man said "Oh my God!" breaking into wretched tears.

All of the above gruesome scene happened in what seemed like ten seconds at the most.

That stuck with me for the whole day...I can still remember it vividly....ughhh. I thought I was going to puke upon waking up.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Thats amazing, i think i've experienced something similar to you...
Months ago i dreamt i was at the park by my house, and a mob of people came out of the fog and i instantly started running..
it was just the vibes i picked up off the crowd, i had the impression that they wanted to harm me..

I dont understand the dream, but i ran as hard as i could, but i just couldnt seem to lose them.

I'm positive it was a lucid dream, because i was aware of my surroundings, and i knew that i was asleep, but traped in the astral plane... wtf?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

If this dream was truly lucid you would be able to fly, or even sink beneath the earth and get away, if only for awhile.

But what you described did not sound like a lucid dream. Remember, you have full control over all you're dreams and there are many ways to get rid of things like that, if only for a bit.

Or better yet, use telepathy to subdue it, even if it kills you, you won't die. You'd most likely just wake up.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by OdovacarDvilhelm]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
It was you or the lower self that keeps you from ascending to higher consciousness. It is what keeps you attached to the lower state. Embrace it and overcome it and you will take another step in enlightenment so to speak. Remember it is you.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It sounds like you just had a nightmare even though you were lucid you still can't control everything in a dream

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Hawkiye is right, its you. Its everything that you find flawed in your conscious and subconscious personality. If you feel the need to fight it do it knowing that it is a part of you.

Check out the OOBE manual by Donald J. Degracia, PhD

a wealth of Lucid dreaming/oobe info.

new topics

top topics

join