It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US might manipulate Iraq election results' (article)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
presstv.ir...

Take it for what it's worth, this is a PressTV article. It's claiming that they have delayed the results of the election once again, possibly to mess with the numbers. Really I wouldn't put it past the military....

A member of Iraq's National Alliance (INA) has warned that the US is possibly attempting to manipulate the results of the country's general elections as the release of the vote tally was postponed again.

INA candidate, Entifadh Qanbar told press TV that the United States might try to intervene in the process of vote counting through the High Electoral Commission.

"The concern is that how the ballots from each voting center are going to be processed in the computer center inside the Electoral Commission," Qanbar said.

"The reason we are insisting on this issue is that we are afraid there is some sort of American intervention inside the Electoral Commission in processing these numbers and may be altering these numbers," he added.

Qanbar said that his alliance would not "accept any election results without putting the ballots out to prove that the ballots have been processed and entered in the computer system in a proper way."

The Election Commission has postponed until Thursday the announcement of the preliminary results of the country's parliamentary elections with reports suggesting that Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki's the State of Law Coalition is ahead.

Meeting with vote-counters at the Independent High Electoral Commission on Wednesday, top United Nations envoy Ad Melkert called on election officials to release the results as soon as possible, AP reported.

"Now we hope, that as soon as possible, preliminary results can be made public because Iraqis have the right to know as soon as possible what is the outcome of their choice of the Election Day," Melkert said.

Election Commission officials also withdrew an earlier announcement that the preliminary results would be released Wednesday night.

According to Qassim al-Aboudi, a senior member of the panel, initial results would likely be released on Thursday.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Smart dude. Wants to keep US out of elections. There's a 1st step towards attaining a Democracy. Lol, just kidding. But kinda serious; of course, DUH, the Elite want a "team player" to be in the seat of authority and "public representation". They don't want another public JFK incident; much better manipulate voting process to assure one of OUR [Elite] gets elected (or so they'd like the people to think).

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
the US has been manipulating numbers in voting for years and not just
in the US so this wouldn't surprise me none the least.
That's the reason why Al Gore was never prez

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
The election was a scam from the start. Members of Saddam Hussein's former party, the Baathists, aren't even allowed to run. What are we afraid of? That it'll become apparent that the majority of Iraqis liked their leader? Just like it might become apparent that the majority of Afghans support the Taliban? We wouldn't want the world to know we're actually subverting the democratic process, now would we.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by Crito]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Couldn't say I'm the least bit surprised. The CIA has destroyed any chance for democracy in so many countries and now the US will allow democracy in Iraq? Does anyone in their right mind really believe that?

The only surprise from this news is the fact that it's coming from PressTV. It's like the pot calling the kettle black. You would think that after all the controversy with the Ahmadinejad elections, they wouldn't have the nerve of touching this story, but I guess they do.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The US rigs it's own elections. Even in 2008 millions of votes weren't counted. And who could forget not letting people vote or turning them away at the polling booths. Or those diebold voting machines.

And the lobbyists.

Iraq will never have a fair and free election until the US is gone.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by endlessknowledge

The Moussavi controversy was largely manufactured by US intelligence funded opposition to start with. Moussavi was claiming the votes were tampered with before they were even counted!

Also... Judging from the pathetic protests there recently, his support is not what he imagines it to be (or CIA wants it to be). The whole situation in Iran is a product of propaganda media. They are much more unified than you think.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
First off, I hate democracies.

Second off here is why-The Democracy Conspiracy

As for the OP, they will be allowed to vote for who the elite want to be voted for.

They will pick the candidates, just like what happens here.

You get to vote for puppet A or puppet B.

Which would not even matter, if the citizens forced our representatives to keep the laws within the parameters of our Constitution. But since the Constitution has been thrown out the window.

We might just as well enjoy the Democracy that the US, was NEVER supposed to have.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I love how the article doesn't mention the millions of dollars Iran is flooding the political landscape in Iraq with in order to help thier favored candidate.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
reply to post by endlessknowledge

Also... Judging from the pathetic protests there recently, his support is not what he imagines it to be (or CIA wants it to be). The whole situation in Iran is a product of propaganda media. They are much more unified than you think.

First of all no one said if they were "unified" or not. Please read and think before you respond. Iran's elections were tainted and PressTV is being hypocritical to say the least, that's all I said.

Secondly, I find it laughable when someone speaks with such confidence on Iranian politics when they live in Seattle and have no first hand experience. For your information, I've lived in Iran for many years and speak to many people from there, yet I try not to sound so cocksure.

Lastly, to call the protest "pathetic" and say "whole situation in Iran is a product of propaganda media" is not only ignorant but also very disrespectful to all those who fought and even died for freedom in Iran. Those people have suffered greatly from the hands of tyrants that lead the country.

edit to add; Your source is PressTV and you have the nerve to talk about media propaganda.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by endlessknowledge]

new topics

top topics

join