It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Do In A Lucid Dream?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
When I was younger I had a number of lucid dreams.

My best "trick" was that if iI didn't like my dream I could always get out of them by simply falling asleep in my dream - thisa would wake me up. Can't remember how I discovered this but found it failsafe.

Interested to know if other people have tried this

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Lucid Dreams do not come easily to me - in fact I used to be pretty skeptical - but back at University I decided to give it a go and followed the recommended steps and sure enough I pulled a few off.

I found that the habit of checking a digital time piece several times every day put me over the top (as you cannot read digital clocks in your dreams).

In my first I remember waking during what was a frustrating dream involving me being a passenger in a dangerously careening car - and quickly changing the setting to that of a roller coaster that me and my fellow passangers were in.

While it was short - as were several following ones - they were amazingly exhilirating - and I have seriously been considering getting back into the habit again.

If I do - I'd take it a bit more seriously and try to keep it up for a year or so to see if it positively effected my mood/performance when awake - or if it left me less creative and more tired (a concern of mine).

From what I have read - it seems to only have small but positive effects on normal daily life - and is a wholly enjoyable passtime.

If I could do anything in a lucid dream (besides sex) I would be interested in fighting hordes of enemies off with a broadsword or even a bat'leth - and seeing how long I could go before being overwhelmed.

That's the same thing I would do if a holodeck tech ever became reality as well.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wang Tang
Or if you have had a Lucid Dream where you controlled your dream, what was the first thing you ever did?

Lucid dreams are cool. Most of the time. Sometimes though they can go bad. Like one time, I decided I was going to be like a god in my lucid dream, and have everyone wait on me hand and foot. So, I tried that jesus gig. Used my (lucid) magic to turn water into wine, dirt into bread, ya da ya da ya da. I impressed quite a few and had quite a following. They worshiped me, kissed my feet even if I commanded them, ha. Anyhow, things were great for a while, then word got around and before you knew it there must have been half a million queued up at my castle door one morning, all with their own wish list of demands and whatnots. Well fer crying out loud, I didn't start that lucid dream just to end up serving everyone elses damn needs, ha, so I refused. And that's when things started to get nasty. Anyhow, I bugged out of that lucid dream turned into a nightmare. Learned my lesson too .. never announce to anyone that you're lucid in a dream, any dream, or you'll end up regretting it. Always keep it a secret. Keep all your lucid dreams a secret, well, unless you want to get even with all the non-lucid ones .. then you can stand up and yell "You're all gonna die now, because I'm going to wake up and end this nightmare."

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

actually, in a lucid dream you SHOULD remember everything very clearly. It is after all a "reality". You remember it as clearly as your waking "reality".

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

Having had several lucid dreams, I also 'discovered' that I could end them simply by falling asleep. The first time I ever had one, I was dumbfounded because I didn't know anything about 'lucid' dreams. A friend explained it to me after hearing me describe how I was 'awake' in the dream.

My most amazing dream ever was the one in which I 'awoke' inside this dream,realized it was a dream,only to 'awake' again to realize that this was also a dream, only to 'awake' for a third time to realize that this also was a dream. You talk about friggin' awesome !

Has anyone here experienced anything like this ?

I fly in most all of my dreams,lucid or not. But without fail, I ALWAYS crash when trying to land.

I think it would be the coolest thing ever, if I were able to become lucid while dreaming and continue in this state forever,never to return.

Then again, I have believed for a long time now that this 'reality' we find ourselves currently in, is also just a dream.

God, whoever or whatever He may be, could very well be having a lucid dream and you and I are what enables Him to be lucid. Does that make sense to anyone besides myself ?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kyrakyra

Why don't you give me a verbatim description of a passing conversation you had with somebody yesterday morning. It is after all reality, not even a dream and should be perfectly detailed.

Sorry but our minds forget things very easily. I don't know what exactly you are responding to, but there's some food for thought. Dream recall is an art, it is a big part. That's why people bother to journal. I don't remember everything I do even while lucid.

Granted, they are much easier to recall because you are lucid. But just because you are lucid does not mean the experience is copied into your brain like a video recording. But yes, it is easier to recall.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wang Tang

Apparently, I would bang Bruce Springsteen a few times and wake up so thoroughly relaxed and satisfied I wouldn't need to get laid for a week.

Later surprised to discover this is a very common lucid dream and most likely aliens were trying to have sex with me.

And after.... do they call?????

Noooooo!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd

God, whoever or whatever He may be, could very well be having a lucid dream and you and I are what enables Him to be lucid. Does that make sense to anyone besides myself ?

That's an interesting idea, and also a very plausible one to me. That would seem to explain why we can never really figure out how our universe works, because if it is just a dream, then the limits to the dream are boundless.

But again, this raises the question, if we are part of God's lucid dream, what world does God wake up to?

Going back to us being part of God's dream, the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. That would explain why sometimes God is formless in the clouds and sometimes he manifests himself as a human on Earth like when he wrestles Jacob and when he comes as Jesus. And perhaps God loses lucidity sometimes and loses control of his dream like in the Dark Ages, or even right now.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wang Tang
If you could have a Lucid Dream (a dream where you are conscious you are dreaming, and you can do whatever you want in your dream) what would be the first thing you do?

Or if you have had a Lucid Dream where you controlled your dream, what was the first thing you ever did?

My lucid dreams started as a small kid so I am not real sure but I believe it was flying or swimming in air

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I would sit on the bank of a babbling stream, under a big oak tree. The sky would be blue and cloudless, the air would be warm with a slight breeze. The sun would be shining and the grass would be soft and really green. I would sit there and just relax, smelling the flowers and grass and water on the incoming breeze.
edit on 13-2-2011 by mutantgenius because: spelt babbling "baaling"

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Iv`e spoke about this in another thread, but every time I lucid dream, against my better judgement, I always waste the potential of the dream by creating sexual partners and getting jiggy with them. Only on a few occasions have I ever tried to truly explore the potential of the dream time and flown about the sky.

I know there is so much more to lucid dreaming than having any sexual partner you wish, but I tend to say to myself in the dream, "f***k it, there`ll be other chances, I`ll just create a hottie one last time."

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join