It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks-[UPDATE+Video]-Help Support One of The Best Websites!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
A little while back I made a thread [Paypal Freezes Wikileaks Account] which got a lot of attention from ATS that had to deal with Paypal freezing Wikileaks account. This was not the first time it had happened to them, and since they need donations to stay alive this was a big issue since they had a lot of money within their Paypal account.

Wikileaks is still struggling so I feel the need to make this thread and make everyone aware who isn't aware of how helpful and useful Wikileaks is, and for those of you who already know this well let it be a reminder to you!

"Wikileaks has probably produced more scoops in its short life than the Washington Post has in the past 30 years" - The National, November 19, 2009

Here is a video which is featured on the Wikileaks website which I wanted to share with everyone who haven't seen it

After watching that video I hope you all understand how important Wikileaks is to not just the people here on ATS, but to the world. Wikileaks stands for everything we are all fighting for... FREEDOM OF SPEECH, and the RIGHT TO HAVE OUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!

We must also be thankful to those anonymous people who put their lives in jeopardy to expose the information Wikileaks provides to everyone, free of charge, online. Obviously we will more than likely never find out who leaked the things we've seen come out of Wikileaks, although if someone high up in the political ranks get murdered after a leak happens it's possible to put 2+2 together, but like I said it's all anonymous.

Here's info taken from the front page

Fundraising drive

We have received hundreds of thousands of pages from corrupt banks, the US detainee system, the Iraq war, China, the UN and many others that we do not currently have the resources to release to a world audience. You can change that and by doing so, change the world. Even $10 will pay to put one of these reports into another ten thousand hands and $1000, a million.

We have raised just over $360,000 for this year (our yearly budget is around $600,000.).

The Sunshine Press (WikiLeaks) is an non-profit organization funded by human rights campaigners, investigative journalists, technologists and the general public. Through your support we have exposed significant injustice around the world— successfully fighting off over 100 legal attacks in the process. Although our work produces reforms daily and is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards, including the 2008 Index on Censorship-Economist Freedom of Expression Award as well as the 2009 Amnesty International New Media Award, these accolades do not pay the bills. Nor can we accept government or corporate funding and maintain our absolute integrity. It is your strong support alone that preserves our continued independence and strength.

We are releasing some time sensitive disclosures on this page until the moment of our re-launch.

Click here to help support Wikileaks financially

Anyone who cares about freedom of expression should dig deep. (...)
If you want to read the exposes of the future, it's time to chip in. ”
— The Guardian, January 29, 2010

So, once again I want to tell you all to please share this information - the video, the Wikileaks website, and all the information Wikileaks has provided to us all for FREE. If you're unaware of some of the things they've leaked, one of the most recent and biggest things they leaked was the climate-gate scandals emails. That's right, the emails that started the whole climate-gate were released from Wikileaks thanks to an anonymous whistleblower.

Before I finish the thread, I'd also like to say two more things. First, if you have any money to donate than please donate! I will warn you know that people have had issues with donating, check out my other thread (which I linked to above) and see peoples responses. One person had their credit card temporarily shut down after making a donation, so beware! And second, if you happen to have any information that you believe the world should be aware of, share it with Wikileaks! It's anonymous, and safe. The website needs all the help it can get which is why I'm making this follow up thread. I hope this thread gets the attention it deserves like the last one, no not just for me, but for all the people out there who know we need Wikileaks, and of course for Wikileaks itself!

Please share this thread with everyone you know!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

I just wanted to add this video from my previous thread on Wikileaks for those of you who hadn't seen it

new topics

join