It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Life Lessons from Einstein

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I ran across this and I thought I would share it in case someone can learn from at least one of them. Plus I'll comment on some.

Source

1. Follow Your Curiosity

“I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.”

2. Perseverance is Priceless

“It's not that I'm so smart; it's just that I stay with problems longer.”

3. Focus on the Present

“Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”

4. The Imagination is Powerful

“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions. Imagination is more important than knowledge.”

Is he saying that the mind creates reality or our thoughts create actions which in turn creates your reality? Or is that the same thing?

5. Make Mistakes

“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.”

6. Live in the Moment

“I never think of the future - it comes soon enough.”

Amen

7. Create Value

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."

8. Don’t Expect Different Results

“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

9. Knowledge Comes From Experience

“Information is not knowledge. The only source of knowledge is experience.”

I like this, a lot of people could really take that to heart around here.

10. Learn the Rules and Then Play Better

“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.”

Ok so I didn't comment to much, they were pretty self explanatory. I hope someone enjoys them.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It's always nice to get a peek inside his mind. He could be so practical, and just downright "folksy" at times.

Saying that imagination is more important than knowledge, might refer to anything that is -- was created by man, or conceived by man like pieces of a puzzle, were imagined before they came to fully be.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Einstein quotes are brilliant. So simple, but they have a fantastic message for everyone!

Reckon old einstein would have been a seriously cool Grandaddy.

g

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Nice post star and flag...

i actually have the imagination saying as my facebook intro lol...

very inspiring mind!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Thanks for these i really enjoyed them, The create value one made me think a lot about my current affairs.

S* & F

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Great thread. Einstein could get so caught up in a problem while taking a walk that he wouldn't notice it had started raining. He frequently would wear socks of different colors if his wife didn't keep an eye on him. But the genius that gave us the generalized theory of relativity had a remarkable insight into the things that are important in life.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
A quote springs to mind "the art of genius is common sense" (I might be paraphrasing a little there).

It seems to me that Einstein was certainly one for common sense. Not just in what he thought, and said, but in what he did too.

He was certainly a clever man, but definitely grounded in the right ways too.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

These are certainly principles should try to live their life by. Nice post.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Thank you............

.........it all things we already know, but have to be reminded of from time to time

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Thanks, excellent words and sage advice. I really should print it and post it to the refrigerator door or something.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Nice find, thanks for sharing.

Could you imagine sitting down with this man for a day just listening to him?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Very nice find, stars and flag for you, sir.
I've always loved Einstein's writing. Can learn a lot about who you are by giving his quotes some well deserved thought.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
some pretty good tips i would say haha

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The thing I love about Einstein is that he is living proof that any man has the ability to become a genius.

Granted, he had an IQ of 160, but he only reached that because he learned how to tap into his inner potential. He spent the majority of his life on problem solving instead of the crap we spend it on nowadays...emotional thought, because he was autistic and didn't care much about other areas of life besides science, mathematics, and music.

In theory if we just spent more time of critical thought and less on TV, we could become a genius of sorts. Much like rappers are considered stupid trash by most people, but have spent hours into applying instant lyrical rhyming to the accordance of a beat. It would take years for even a genius to master that.

We will never be a Da Vinci or Newton...but the possibility remains we have in our power to become a mini-Einstein.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
Great thread. Einstein could get so caught up in a problem while taking a walk that he wouldn't notice it had started raining. He frequently would wear socks of different colors if his wife didn't keep an eye on him. But the genius that gave us the generalized theory of relativity had a remarkable insight into the things that are important in life.

To you mismatching socks is a sign of aloofness, but to me it's a general statement of practicality.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I could take any ancient book like bhavad gita or similar and find the same 'lessons'... it is not so hard to be smart when stealing ideas from others by working in patent office

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue

“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions. Imagination is more important than knowledge.”

Is he saying that the mind creates reality or our thoughts create actions which in turn creates your reality? Or is that the same thing?

What if he is trying to tell you that you can see the future with your imagination/mind?

[edit on 11-3-2010 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Albert Einstein Was a Great Man, with an even greater mind. i think that If one combines the knowledge and teachings that came from Einstein, Tesla, and Da-Vinci, we could all have a better understanding of what life really is.. Heck, we may have even been able to utilize anti-gravity in everyday life.. lol,
Just a thought, who knows? Einstein was very Smart needless to say, but also quite mysterious... It has been said that he took up the Arts OF ALCHEMY... I don't yet understand the connection, but it seems that the Greatest minds in Human History all Dabbled in Alchemy at some Point.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Einstein should be admired for his physics lessons, not life lessons. He treated his first wife poorly and frequently demeaned/insulted his sons. He also wasn't really that absent minded, he was just a bohemian slob. None of that detracts from his scientific brilliance, of course. Just like Tiger Woods sleeping around doesn't make him any less of a great golfer.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crito
Einstein should be admired for his physics lessons, not life lessons. He treated his first wife poorly and frequently demeaned/insulted his sons. He also wasn't really that absent minded, he was just a bohemian slob. None of that detracts from his scientific brilliance, of course. Just like Tiger Woods sleeping around doesn't make him any less of a great golfer.

He had Asperger syndrome...it meant he had trouble dealing with emotions. We think just because we deal with emotions everyday that everyone thinks about them virtually all the time.

Cant really blame the guy if he had an emotional disorder.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join