It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide, What Happens Afterwards Death Wise?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Well we could go on all day with ideas but it all boils down to no one knows what happens after you die, be it suicide or "natural" death. I think what matters is how you choose to live, but who knows, thats only a opinion. Anyway, I wish you the best luck in your quest and hope you find the answers you seek. Take care!

[edit on 10-3-2010 by freeyourmind1111]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
As someone who has been studying death for most of my adult life (that's an odd sentence to contemplate) I have devoted a lot of thought to this issue. Suicide is punished in the afterlife in nearly every tradition, from Christianity to the New Age. I, for one, after gathering together everything I've been able to, believe that the world immediately following death is one of our own making. By "our own making" I am referring to a conbination of our thoughts as well as the thoughts of others/energy we have generated around us. Call it Karma, if you like. Anyone who commits suicide is going to be in a really ugly place to begin with. Combine this with the pain that family and friends feel upon such a demise, and you can imagine the afterlife being unpleasant indeed. But I believe that this period passes. Life is infinite, and the soul's development is an ascent that climbs ever higher, ultimately rendering an event such a suicide as just a tiny landmark among many.

And I don't think that all suicides are created equal. For example, would, say, a peacefully and agreeable rendered assisted suicide for a terminally ill man or woman fall into the same category as a man who kills himself along with his wife and children because he can't pay his debts? I would think not.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Folly
And I don't think that all suicides are created equal. For example, would, say, a peacefully and agreeable rendered assisted suicide for a terminally ill man or woman fall into the same category as a man who kills himself along with his wife and children because he can't pay his debts? I would think not.

That is extreme example.

There are more in there than those 2.. alot more..

I agree with the last person said on the last page.. All my research on NDE's leads me to believe that.. and hynosis sessions people had that remember instances of after death.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

Originally posted by Folly

That is extreme example.

There are more in there than those 2.. alot more..

I agree with the last person said on the last page.. All my research on NDE's leads me to believe that.. and hynosis sessions people had that remember instances of after death.

Of course it's extreme. I was just making a point. When did I say there were only two types of suicides?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Hi,

New here on the ATS Forums. I have been reading for several months and I am going to jump in here. The Bible really doesn't say one way or another what the outcome of suicide is. The Catholic Church condemns it www.newadvent.org... but not with biblical authority.

The Bible simply does not say. And verses that hint at health are missing the point. It just does not say. Why? I am not sure. Either to save us living from worrying to death over those that have. Or to stop the largest suicide ever if people were to find out it does not send someone to hell.

I am happy to say I do not know. Which is the answer the bible tells us. The bible is silent on this matter.

Thanks,
Al Sayr

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Folly

The part you said i guess i could agrue that they had to learn a life lesson for whatever they had to go through and that it was the killers deal to kill the family to learn something from it.

But i don't want to derail this topic.. and yes I know you didnt say that I was just thinking it kinda weird that's all..

No foul right?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
reply to post by Folly

The part you said i guess i could agrue that they had to learn a life lesson for whatever they had to go through and that it was the killers deal to kill the family to learn something from it.

But i don't want to derail this topic.. and yes I know you didnt say that I was just thinking it kinda weird that's all..

No foul right?

Definitely no foul

And I like where you are coming from. I actually think that as our souls improve and ascend we will be very surprised to discover the truths behind what we perceive in this life to be "good" and "evil," "right" and "wrong," etc.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I believe consciousness exists without the body. I think when you kill yourself, you take the body away, and that just takes out the interface of what it feels like to be in a body, being wired to your eyes, your ears, your nerve-endings, taste buds, heartbeat, all that kind of stuff. Your body doesn't decide to feel depressive or suicidal, you do, though your body can encourage those feelings if you aren't in good health. But when you die I don't think you would be any less miserable if you were miserable beforehand, and in a lot of ways I think you would be even more helpless to find resolve for whatever it is that has you bummed. The way you "feel" immediately manifests that reality around you a lot more readily, which is why when people have NDEs and realize they are dead, they sometimes think of hell and instantly there they are having the most awful experience they can remember.

I think the experience of our most fundamental "spark" is so intense that we incarnate in order to slowly learn how to better handle that intensity when we are NOT incarnated. So putting yourself in a bad situation and then killing yourself would not really be a solution at all, you would just end up faced with that intense spark again, steering it straight into horrible experiences, and to distract yourself from the intensity of it you would end up plugging yourself back into another body and having to deal with the same thing again.

The time to deal with all of this kind of stuff is NOW, and that's why we're here. Imo.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by bsbray11]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Thanks guys for your input. I will add mine now.

What I think happens when a suicide occurs is the person kills themselves, after they finally die the person is cleansed of the bad energy that caused the situation in the 1st place.

They sit in the astral for a while getting reemed out by god or elders and this spirit guide(not actual reeming but the same as a parent type thing), they ask the person why they did what they do and then the come to the conclusion. From there I believe that they make it not so its as hard on the next trip down as bad, that way whatever happened on why that person killed themselves wont happen again.

I was going to add an example but its to long..

Anyway thanks guys for giving your insight on what you think..

[edit on 3/10/2010 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Tonight i had requested a dream scenario about a suicide from my higher self.
It became known to me, that people tend to think about a person more and stronger when he has commited a suicide, that in itself keeps his spirit bond to the earth and oftentimes angry as he himself does not understand what is happening. It all goes away as the time passes though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join