It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-117 over Philadelphia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
dz

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   
aerospaceweb: what did you do for NASA Langley?

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Fourth of July week... last year...f117 seen by me at the jersey shore in my home town near Asbury Park.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
It's not like it's a big deal. sheesh... so what I see F-117's fly through here ever week on training runs. This is not something significant. :shk:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJDOHBOY
Color issues

Here are a few things with these pictures that could account for the difference in color

Camera used
    Film Used
    Processing of film (both paper and developers)
    Lighting conditions on the day
    Weather the image was taken through glass
    Lens Filters

You put any of these variables together and you could get some wildly different colors of aircraft when compared next to each other.

Peace

DJDOHBOY

Maybe you are true but I NEVER saw for example black F-117 looking like that first grey pic of B-2. I don't know what mechanism it uses (maybe some special paint as already stated?), but i thing it can change it's colors (of course not every color). And why change colors? Because the same reason why the modern jets are masking it's contrails.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by longbow
Maybe you are true but I NEVER saw for example black F-117 looking like that first grey pic of B-2. I don't know what mechanism it uses (maybe some special paint as already stated?), but i thing it can change it's colors (of course not every color). And why change colors? Because the same reason why the modern jets are masking it's contrails.

It cannot change colors in the air. There is no need, nor request for such a feature. The planes are simply painted a different color. There is nothing special about em. You saw an F-117, good for you.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo

It cannot change colors in the air. There is no need, nor request for such a feature. The planes are simply painted a different color. There is nothing special about em. You saw an F-117, good for you.

Air-force stated all B-2s have the same color. And there is no need for such feature? Hmmm I should make a thread about optical invisibility.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by longbow]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I have a bunch of pics of the f-117 that I took at the langely airshow but aol keeps crashing before I can upload them to the internet. while there I visited the Raptor Booth that was in front of a F/a-22 Hangar being built and got a poster and a bunch of pamphletes on the raptor. I found out that the first Rpators will arrive about november/december. Afterwards I walked in one of the new hangars, and they are really organized and clean compared to the F-15 hangars.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dz

I think Intelgurl works at Langley too, can anyone confirm that?

jra

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
She works at Raytheon I believe.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra
She works at Raytheon I believe.

Right, but I think she works at the Raytheon building there at Langley.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
there's a Raytheon building at Langely NASA? Maybe its at the AFB because they are right next to each other, you can see the huge crane from the other side of Langely afb

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I keep very close tabs on shortwave radio and internet sources of military movements/deployments and am not aware a east coast (PHL) situation..more then likely, the aircraft was on a training exercise from the AFB adjacent to Fort Dix, NJ.
Even Anchorage, Alaska has monthly air defense training exercises by air national gaurd (weekend warriors) in plain view over the city and Cook Inlet. Will advise if I hear more on PHL.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dz

I was in the hypersonic propulsion branch doing compuational predictions of scramjet engine performance. The engine concept I was working on eventually became what was tested on the X-43.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join