It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chief exorcist Father Gabriele Amorth says Devil is in the Vatican

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Chief exorcist Father Gabriele Amorth says Devil is in the Vatican

www.timesonline.co.uk

Sex abuse scandals in the Roman Catholic Church are proof that that "the Devil is at work inside the Vatican", according to the Holy See's chief exorcist.

Father Gabriele Amorth, 85, who has been the Vatican's chief exorcist for 25 years and says he has dealt with 70,000 cases of demonic possession, said that the consequences of satanic infiltration included power struggles at the Vatican as well as "cardinals who do not believe in Jesus, and bishops who are linked to the Demon".

He added: "When one speaks of 'the smoke of Satan' [a phrase coined by Pope Paul VI in 1972] in the
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well this guy claims that not only does the Devil exist in various forms, but that the Devil actually makes fun of him at times. I really don't know what to think about this. He said that the possessed actually discharge things from there mouths like finger length pieces of iron or rose petals. How bizarre is this? What are your thoughts?

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I don't believe in the Devil at all. But Catholics are going to think it's some type of evil at the Vatican if the church keeps staying like it is.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hasn't the devil always been in the Vatican?

So instead of simply admitting that we are all human; thus, fallible...he's going to blame it on the devil.

I wonder when the "witch hunts" will begin

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
How is the salary wage of an exorcist?
anyone know?

Anyhow, crazy story
I believe every bit of it, even the devil part

doesn't matter if the devil exists or not, they believe he does.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Related thread: Satanists even in the Vatican?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well, there you go... the Devil in the vatican.. I thought he was meant to be everywhere anyway??

Not that I care as a Catholic since I'm obviously going somewhere hot as I've been to a few "no popery" parties

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
Well, there you go... the Devil in the vatican.. I thought he was meant to be everywhere anyway??

Not that I care as a Catholic since I'm obviously going somewhere hot as I've been to a few "no popery" parties

Why does Cliffe still persist with this? I know various Ulster preachers have been given the bums rush in the past but I don't understand why this one bonfire society continues with Pope burnings, the anti-Catholic signs, chants etc. Is it now considered to be a blow against Political Correctness?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Fang

Completly anti-being told what to do and how to live, and nothing to do with being anti-RC or anti-pope.. that atitude does meld with the county motto, we wunt be druv (we won't be sheep)

I'm Roman Catholic and go along for a good night out, I'm proud of that and no harm comes to me or my friends.. I'm proud to stand against a silly Gov who want to control how people think, which is in my opinion wrong.

But on the plus side seeing the Local Gov having to dig parking meters etc out of the concrete and hide them from the General public says a lot as to how people really feel about the technology and other stuff being deployed against them.

Edit to add: you should try the Cliffe independence day
plenty of fun drinking games, and a pretty colourfull day, no anti-catholic signs at all
which now includes some of the other societies..

If it was an anti-catholic socieity it would be apparent in the Independence day celebrations..

[edit on 10/3/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Why would anyone chose to believe in the devil....? Its like thinking you have a murderer behind you every second of the day....Why would you want to live in fear continuously? Sins and the devil go hand and hand..."He did something bad...he sinned...it was the devil". Its used as a scapegoat...They say that to personalize that persons mistakes and free them from the blame, rather than be criticized for what they've committed. That fuels the "forgiveness" train as they try to "repent" for their sins or repay....its a system.

I truly don't see how anyone can continue supporting the Vatican when those who are supposed to be practicing what they preach the most and be servants of god are doing things worse than anyone can imagine. Going against everything they represent....Why continue to support something that is clearly damaged. Its like trying to stay on a sinking ship...

[edit on 3/10/2010 by AceOfAces]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

A very wise old man once told me that God judges by the heart. If you are a good person I doubt you will be doomed to the depths of hell.

------------------------

Anyone here ever seen the first exorcist movie? I used to drive by that hospital every day on my way to work. The 13th floor is still closed to this day. I was always told that the Devil's greatest weapon would be no one believing he exists at all. It is logical if you think about it. I guess it's the old catch 22. You can't believe in one without the other.

I will say this (even those many on here are atheist). I say it's very possible and actually kind of likely. I mean what would be the best organization for the devil to infiltrate? The most predominant christian faith of course.

I'm not saying this is the case, but I'm sure most would agree that it is possible.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

A very wise old man once told me that God judges by the heart. If you are a good person I doubt you will be doomed to the depths of hell.

------------------------

Anyone here ever seen the first exorcist movie? I used to drive by that hospital every day on my way to work. The 13th floor is still closed to this day. I was always told that the Devil's greatest weapon would be no one believing he exists at all. It is logical if you think about it. I guess it's the old catch 22. You can't believe in one without the other.

I will say this (even those many on here are atheist). I say it's very possible and actually kind of likely. I mean what would be the best organization for the devil to infiltrate? The most predominant christian faith of course.

I'm not saying this is the case, but I'm sure most would agree that it is possible.

Considering it's the father of all sin, etc, etc, you would expect him to have infiltrated all forms of society, and that we are ALL secretly worshipping him, somehow.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
Father Gabriele Amorth, 85, who has been the Vatican's chief exorcist for 25 years and says he has dealt with 70,000 cases of demonic possession

One of my uncle's was a Jesuit priest. He quit. He's now openly gay.

70,000 cases of demonic possession.

Sound like this guy is just another delusional senile religious nut. More than a few of them in the Vatican.

Religion has it's place. But only the brainwashed or really dumb can take every proposition from the past completely seriously.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by mmiichael]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The Devil, and these exorcisms of 'demons' is something that only exists within the teachings of the Catholic church. Therefore, the devil must be in the Vatican.

I am compelled to think that a very old man who has lived his whole life by the doctrine of the church and has been chasing these demons for 25 years is likely to be suffering from some mental condition or reality detachment. Even if demons/devils are real (and I'm not saying they are), he would have seen stuff that would make anyone mad, right? The mind can play cruel tricks. If your employer has conditioned you to believe utterly in these tricks, you stand to become a little unhinged.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Well, according to scripture the devil rules the world right now. So you are more than likely correct in that assumption.

That is of course my personal opinion.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Whoa.

So all that crazy crap I posted that one time about rotten eggs in the Catholic Church playing with black magick and summoning demons turned out to be true.

Just..... whoa.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The whole planet is possesed by evil. Nothing new really!

Apparently a lot of people go to church and light a candle just to fit-in without really understanding anything. If you ask 10 people what they think of satan, 8 will laugh at you.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

He said that the possessed actually discharge things from there mouths like finger length pieces of iron or rose petals. How bizarre is this? What are your thoughts?

It's very bizarre, but I shall speak the ATS mantra.....

"Without video or pictures, you ain't got jack ****"

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I know Lewes well and love its anti-establishment vibe, be it blowing up parking meters,
giving The finger to Greene King or issuing its own currency. We have friends who live there and Harveys Brewery is a national gem. I've been to a couple of November 5ths and Sussex is a wonderful county. But the Cliffe 'No Popery/anti Catholic' thing does seem to hang over the town like a cloud or at least a question mark. 'We won't be Druve' is fine but but the lack of local discussion about whether Cliffes pageant is still relevant or offensive, is odd and due in part I suspect to a lack of a backlash. How about a few banners saying 'Mohamed is a false prophet!'. That should liven things up and demonstrate Cliffes die hard credentials.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
The whole planet is possesed by evil. Nothing new really!

Apparently a lot of people go to church and light a candle just to fit-in without really understanding anything. If you ask 10 people what they think of satan, 8 will laugh at you.

Sounds like a supernatural plan carried out cunningly over millenia. Yes most people would laugh at that. I'd beg them to differ.

We've been hoodwinked, but not in the way most people think we got hoodwinked.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join