It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian drivers forced to act as shields

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Russian drivers forced to act as shields

news.yahoo.com

"We could have been killed," one driver, Stanislav Sutyagin, said in a video posted on YouTube, adding police had warned that the suspect was armed and dangerous. "What if the criminal stopped? We could have come under fire. ... Is it really the case that our lives are worthless in the Russian state?"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Wow. You would think that after forcing people to used thier cars to block the street the Russian cops would have told the drivers to vacate thier cars. This is really messed up. What the hell were these traffic cops thinking, or not thinking about? I can only hope that these cops are dealt with swiftly in the usual manner of the Putin's Russian gov't. I am sensing some very rough times ahead for these idiots.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
So it is wrong for American cops to talk bad to people and restrain people whom attack them but, Russia uses thier people as human shields and we don't discuss?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I imagine there are fewer Russian members here than there are American.

I didn't see this earlier, and frankly even if I had it's simply too absurd to comment on. People could have needlessly been killed, their property damaged: Why a blockade? Americans do what's called a rolling roadblock, it could still risk people with a crazy enough fugitive but the forces involved are mitigated by the cars being in motion.

Anyone who would condone something like this is a fool, and thus, little reason to comment; this thread will likely be a ATS love fest of people starring one another for agreeing that the police were wrong.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

You have a point. I shall digress. The fact that these officers intentionally put people in harm's way in order to stop a criminal to me is a tad outrageous.

top topics

join