It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian archaeologists uncover 40,000-year-old site

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
oh boy, the jesus freaks aren't going to like this news...

how can you have a 40k year old site in a 6k year old universe

Excuse me, but what exactly does Jesus has to do with the Genesis aside being on the same book which are in fact two.

Refresh my memory please.

"Freaks" like that are present in each and every segment of our civilization, including among atheists and scientists in general.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

The dudes believing the earth was created less than 10k years ago by God are called young earth creationists. In 2008, they did a Gallup poll in the States, and apparently 44% of people believe in it. Just shows how much the school system is failing in this country.

LINK

Nice find OP!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
that is pretty nice it can also bring there economy up if they make a tourist attraction out of it later in the future set it up were no one can get in it though

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The Chinese book says the same thing regarding Dreamtime. There are two worlds, the visible and the invisible, and things happen in the invisible world first, and cause events in the visible world.

Crazy Horse said this too, I think. That's how he got his name. When he went into the "dream world," his horse danced and acted all crazy.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
So after doing some more looking around i have found that there seems to not only be an active archaeological conspiracy in Egypt, Peru, and Mexico, we can now add New zealand, Australia, and Tasmania.

I know that this is not new news but when you look at the dates of several disputed sites you find a pattern of dates coinciding with what may or may not be cover ups.

Napta Playa - At least 10,000 years old

Hueyatlaco - At least 10,000 years old

Village of Qurta - Oldest known egyptian art dated at least 15,000 years old

ancient submerged settlement in the Gulf of Cambay - at least 9000 years old

Information on these anomalies is scant and scattered. I'm in the process of data gathering.I'm trying to piece together a time line and any evidence linking all these anomalous sites and anomalous artifacts. If and when it pans out I'll post it.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ouroborus2012

I also follow Cremo's work and have the book, sad what is hidden or destroyed..

Great thead OP, S&F

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Yeah, they'll say that God sent this sign to test their faith.

I say God sent this sign to test their intelligence.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by SaturnFX

I'm not very religious and I know this is off topic, but where in christianity does it state the whole "universe" was built in 6000 years?

[edit on 10-3-2010 by NoJoker13]

Actually, it states that the Universe (or the world, the world is the Universe to most Christians) was built in 7 days. Let there be light!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

It's a shame you have to carry the extra load around with you. Many of us Jesus Freaks believe in evolution and see no conflict. Created from the dust and evolved go real well together. Imagine that.

How about you judge us individually and stop with the childish name calling and unsolicited attacks? Your on the Ancient & Lost Civilization Forum. Perhaps you did not notice? Did you notice the contradictions in the OP? What's your opinion on that?

Do you consider yourself a "Jesus Freak" or a follower?

Because, the person you responded to has a point, and most "Jesus Freaks" don't come close to entertaining evolution as an option.

I grew up Methodist. And let me tell you, there's not much room in evolution for the majority of the Christian faith.

So...you're simply an anomaly...that's all.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder

www.physorg.com...

This is incredible. The article goes on to clarify that through dating the site seems to be between 10 and 28000 year old aboriginal site. It is the oldest and southernmost site found to date. It is amazing that everytime we think we have something figured out we find something like this.

Because there is not much more to the original article, I'll be keeping my ear to the ground for news on this one.

Pretty cool Constant Wonder. S&F for you.

Here's a link to the National Geographic Genalogy Project that shows the Human journey on earth from our inception to present.

genographic.nationalgeographic.com...

They do estimate that the southern tip of Australia was joined to Tasmania about 40k to 50k years ago and your article confirms humans began colonizing there around the same time.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

All I can say is just, thank you. So reasonable. Why can't we ALL be this reasonable about our beliefs?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Thanks for the information, I just was hoping that people couldn't possibly be this stupid...

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Just so all you religious/antireligious "warriors" know this wasn't meant to spark a theological debate. I'm so sick of every damn thread that has to do with damn near anything turning into a religious mud slinging match.

GROW UP

Stick with the original premise. We can discuss acient civ without injecting or insulting anyones faith or beliefs. Don't get me wrong I enjoy spirited debate but keep it in the threads it belongs in.

This is ancient civ board and a thread about an ancient site. Stop using it as religious debate fodder.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Take it easy, I'm a "Jesus FREAK" and don't think the Universe is 6k years old.

Read the Dalai Lama: The Universe in a single atom.

And choose words kindly.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
well to your little statement do you know how they get these so called dates. I'll fill you in on it a bit the fossils are aged on what layer of earth they are found in and how do they know how old the soil layers are by the fossils they find in those layers stupid ain't it.

Before you go to carbon dating that is done by first letting them know where you found it how deep in the soil you found it and alot of other questions which they basically date it off.

So before you say that crap maybe you should have a look at how things are done. If you can disprove what i said you let me know and we will see what i can say back to you about that.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

Sorry, constantwonder. You are absolutely right, this is very fascinating. I love history and archaeology, that's why I was reading your excellent thread. Star and flag, terrific strory!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
reply to post by constantwonder

Sorry, constantwonder. You are absolutely right, this is very fascinating. I love history and archaeology, that's why I was reading your excellent thread. Star and flag, terrific strory!

It's nice to know that some people can enjoy it for what it is.

Originally posted by vkturbo
well to your little statement do you know how they get these so called dates. I'll fill you in on it a bit the fossils are aged on what layer of earth they are found in and how do they know how old the soil layers are by the fossils they find in those layers stupid ain't it.

I don't see the problem here. Strata dating has been used since the beginning of geology and it's proven to be pretty darn accurate.

Perhaps you should read up on stratigraphy and the principles of relative dating or offer up some counter evidence against it before you make brash statements with no supporting data.

Not all dating is accurate and some I believe is skewed on purpose. However, the dating methods we do have aren't just piss in the wind guesses.

Please tell us all how it should be done. . . .

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I as an Australian citizen unreservedly and whole heartedly apologise for the Caucasian invaders (my ancestries) disgusting and horrible genocide of the Australian aboriginals and particularly the sickening mass slaughter of the Tasmanian inhabitants, I am ashamed of my countries past, and ashamed to find out only now in my early 20's, what I had never been told in school.....that being:

the completely unnecessary, brutal & indiscrimate slaughter of every single aboriginal in Tasmania. I can't put this into words in a way that it will do my emotions justice, nor do justice to the events I'm talking about,

Just please accept that I sincerely want to apologise & that I hope it will mean something and that maybe I can be forgiven for the sins of my forefathers.

P.L.U.R.I
-B.M

p.s) the aboriginal people of Australia, with all they had to offer, could have been the greatest gift to all of humanity the modern world has seen, instead they were mutated by the white man, interbred, culture destroyed...and now we have a distinct gulf between the aboriginal man at the bus stop in the CBD, and the aboriginal shaman in NT....it is a saddening reality to have grown up in.

P.P.S) sorry to op author, I know this is slightly off topic, but I needed to get it off my chest, and I thought this thread would provide a positive context to envelop my post & provide a larger audience for the apology to reach, than any other way I can think of.

[edit on 11/3/10 by B.Morrison]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

You are not responsible for the sins of your fathers B. Morrison, it is enough you it horrifies you...

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
reply to post by B.Morrison

You are not responsible for the sins of your fathers B. Morrison, it is enough you it horrifies you...

i know you are right.............but,

it doesn't feel right.

the sins of the father...its a biblical concept right?

I feel its wrong..
because we are all human,
any further distinction is a man made concept,
no god would think in the terms of 'man'....
hence one of my many problems with the bible and other religions...

the invaders are dead, they cannot speak for themselves, therefore they can never say sorry to the aboriginal people...who are also dead..but whose descendant's still feel the pain of the events of the past...my apology is for them, the descendants, who need the event to be acknowledged and apologised for in order for THEM to move on....

some of my fortunate existence is due directly to their ancestors slaughter, simply due to my race....I believe that gives me the right to apologise for it..... as some of their misfortune is directly linked to the same things....

anything that can help to bring peace & unity is worth doing in my eyes...
and with this one...at the end of the day..it is not about me.

-B.M

[edit on 11/3/10 by B.Morrison]

<< 1    3  4 >>

join