learn more

Please translate my dream

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
Hey; were there any Silver Keys anywhere?

Not that i remember - why do you ask (just out of curiosity).

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
In my opinion:

- The house you moved to refers to your current state of consciousness, Which is allways moving forward, or up the hill.

- The fact that you look uphill in the dream represents the journey yet to be made.

- The stone circle represents the cosmos, or the divine order of things, this is the reason you also felt a positive feeling when looking at it, with the aspect of lush green grass as mother nature.

The reason the town is familiar and the circle is not, means your view of the world is changing, this is why you also saw the circle in many POV's.
You planned to visit it, because you know that some kind of change is coming.

Just my intuition talking..

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by freebourn

Thanks Freebourn, appreciate the reply.

In actual fact i was in (or around the house) looking downhill at the circle.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Yeah, but the town was uphill.
Looking down at the circle may mean that you have a feeling of distance, or of difficult relating with others right now, that perhaps you over-did something or tried too hard. Maybe you just need some time off?
Is this making any sense to you?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by freebourn

yes i have over-stressed myself with university work and have had a relationship failure - but im also building bridges with certain people.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

i do not hold to dreams being the fufillment of day events never completed or confronted... i don't really go with either Freud or Jung

i look at/ and understand dreams to be images which are related to one's physiological state of health or distress... the sometimes weird images are your brain's language telling your intellect the condition of your body in the best analogy it can.

You have to decide what the 4 standing stones are... it may mean the 4 chambers of your heart, or it could mean 4 of your chakras?
just hazarding a guess, your an Earth Sign in the Astrology sphere, yes?

the stone arrangement in a pleasant meadow or field of grass, that you feel comfortable with, while looking from above and at a distance has coded meaning... you either need to consult a shaman instructor, or delve into the interpetations of your dreams yourself... its not something one can look up in a dream interpetation book as so many think & do.

thats about as far as i can go... good fortune with yourself

thanks

[edit on 19-3-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

i do not hold to dreams being the fufillment of day events never completed or confronted... i don't really go with either Freud or Jung

That's fine, i'm open to any suggestion - new or old

You have to decide what the 4 standing stones are... it may mean the 4 chambers of your heart, or it could mean 4 of your chakras?
just hazarding a guess, your an Earth Sign in the Astrology sphere, yes?

I'm Gemini - which is air i believe.

the stone arrangement in a pleasant meadow or field of grass, that you feel comfortable with, while looking from above and at a distance has coded meaning... you either need to consult a shaman instructor, or delve into the interpetations of your dreams yourself... its not something one can look up in a dream interpetation book as so many think & do.

Of course - but if many people have different opinions and translations , i may find some common ground.

Would an air sign translate the meaning differently?

thats about as far as i can go... good fortune with yourself

Good fortune to yourself

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I don't interpret other people's dreams, but some dream motifs and characters are dreamt by many, many people, and I sometimes recognize those motifs and characters. I can tell you what several of the people who have dreamt dreams like yours have thought about their dreams, but only you can decide whether that has anything to do with your personal dream.

Your stone circle as a mandala

Mandalas usually have strong symmetry about their center, often built up from concentric circular and square elements. These are Tibetan examples,

www.asianart.com...

Yours has a frankly asymmetric, but still harmonious, element, namely the empty bench. So, that's very interesting. It stands out "like a sore thumb," especially against the stark simplicity of your mandala.

There is a rich literature of the mandala as a generic image of wholeness and completion, and especially in the spiritual and psychological senses. There's no way that I could summarize that in a webboard posting.

Overall structure of your dream

I think you have dreamt the "poster child" of the so-called "big dreams" (searchable as big dream Jung), The Familiar House (not a standard name). It was an important dream for Jung's own personal and professional development when he dreamt it. It was something that he amplified in real life by actually building his own "dream" house; really "built" it, his hobby was stonemasonry.

The usual form of the Familiar House dreamset is three vertical levels of a house, an upstairs or attic, a main floor, and a basement. The usual plot is to explore the house, and little "happens" in the dream. Sometimes the dreamer find things when exploring (for example, Jung found a chamber, a "fourth level," underneath the basement), or maybe the dreamer meets people (or not, as in your case), but usually very tame stuff.

Identifying motifs is sort of like fingerprint identification: you look for points of similarity. That you have "opened up" the usual dreamset (with maybe your town as somebody else's upper floor, and your stone cicle as somebody else's basement) doesn't seem essential to me. You have kept the overall structure (especially the three vertical levels, the feeling of familiarity, of it being your space to wander through as you wish, the lack of "plot" beyond looking around).

So what does the house "represent?" Well, this is symbolic thought, so it isn't one-for-one.

(Umm, I wonder about people who imagine that the brain has nothing better to do than to send itself obscurely coded messages. Dream is thought... much like any other thought, except that these thoughts aren't in the form of words or literal imagery. A big dream takes the form it does because what it has to say cannot be expressed as well in prosaic words.)

The house (or in your case, the house, the town above, and the glade below) seems to be both, equally at the same time, your life (in the sense of biography, the whole thing, including perhaps your ancestral roots and extending forward to your progeny, in ascending order, low to high: past, present, and future) and your mind (in ascending order: the unconscious parts, the parts of which you are conscious, and a more developed consciousness perhaps, not yet fully realized).

Putting the two together

The conspicuously placed empty bench has a fairly surface point as an implicit invitation to the waking self to join the rest of the self. Interesting that you don't do so in the dream, but do think it is something you will do someday. Consider yourself invited.

Following the biography thread of symbolism, the same empty bench image is fairly surface for re-examining what past factors place you where you are today. Maybe that's something to do before you charge off "into town" (your future).

In one sense, that's painfully obvious advice, but then again, you didn't accept the invitation in the dream, did you? So, obvious or not, maybe it's worth saying aloud.

Your current life situation

Like just about everybody else, at all times, there are things going on in your life right now. So is this dream "about" those things? I doubt it. "Big dreams" generally are about the big picture, the human situation more than the specifically personal and immediate situation. That's one reason why so many people dream such similar big dreams, despite being in such dissimilar situations.

On the other hand, if you feel especially harried lately, or felt the loss of this particular relationship more keenly than other losses, then that may affect the timing of the dream - why you had this dream now, rather than last year, say.

But if the dream is offering "advice" at all, then it is very general, and somewhat "timeless" advice. And it is advice about what you share with all humanity (lol, maybe all mammalia), not how you personally ought to manage your current workload or organize your love life in this specific present circumstance.

Hope that is of some use to you. There is a good chance, by the way, that you will still be thinking about this dream years from now (other people have). So, hang onto things like your drawing, and anything else you may have written about the dream. They may come in handy down the road when you re-re-think all the ways that this simple dream could bear on the evolving facts of your life and understanding of your siutation.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by eight bits]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by eight bits
Disclaimer: I don't interpret other people's dreams, but some dream motifs and characters are dreamt by many, many people, and I sometimes recognize those motifs and characters. I can tell you what several of the people who have dreamt dreams like yours have thought about their dreams, but only you can decide whether that has anything to do with your personal dream.

Off-topic - I very much like this disclaimer! Now, if everyone gave an opinion on the interpretation of dreams as you do, I would agree with them much more. Take someone elses interpretations with a large grain of salt. Use them as a basis of ideas for finding the conclusion on your own. I applaud you, sir.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hi, Dank

Thank you for the kind mention. We were on different tracks the other day in your thread about some of these issues, but maybe we're not so very far apart after all.

Peace is good

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
There is this dream that has been like locked inside my memory, I remeber it clearly.

The dream start with me looking up at a roof inside a carriage like those farmes in the old times used when having a horse dragging it. I am unable move my whole body, but I am able to sit up, when i look outside I see a vally filled with flowers in all colors. I look around the feald of flowers and I see two children playing a boy and a little girl, then suddenly the carriage and a man lifts me up and carries me into a hut, he takes me to a rocking chair then leaves.
I take a look around the room, there is not alot of thing in the room, what I see is a picture on the wall, on the picture there is the man who put me in the rocking chair, a whoman with long black hair and two children.
there is also a mirror in the room, i look into it and i see myself as the woman in the picture, then i wake up with a shock and i have tears in my eyes all confused i try to think it is just a dream, but it have been about 3 years seens i have had that dream and i still remember everything i saw in the dream like it was yesterday.

I research on the interpretation of dreams and what I found out that some dreams can be a vison of a past life or future life. but i am kinda of an sceptic on this and i knwo there is alot of Psychics out there but the cloest to one i got was that i had to pay for service to translate my dream but i do not have the money for it becasue of me living by myself and have just move for myself and i saving up money for being able to live alone, so if tehre is anyone who can tell me, is this just a fiction of my mind or doeas it have to do with a past life or something like that?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join