It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please translate my dream

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
In my dream - I dreamt i had moved house to a nice little town in the countryside. The house i moved to was on top of a large hill , the town was uphill and from my bedroom i looked out of the window and could see a stone circle with four standing stones and a bench at the bottom of the hill. The stone circle lay in a lush green field and from my viewpoint the view to the bottom was kind of dizzying and at some points the view changed so it was almost like i was staring straight down over the top of it.

From what i can remember i felt happy with this location, although part of me felt like i had visited this town before (familiar buildings) and i had a feeling of peace. I can't remember much about the town but as i say it was 'familiar' even though in real life ive never been there.

There's not much more i can say about it really - but in my mind the stone circle looked beautiful but at some points quite far away.

Thjere was no point in my dream where i actually visited the circle, but i think i planned on doing before i awoke.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
In my dream - I dreamt i had moved house to a nice little town in the countryside. The house i moved to was on top of a large hill , the town was uphill and from my bedroom i looked out of the window and could see a stone circle with four standing stones and a bench at the bottom of the hill. The stone circle lay in a lush green field and from my viewpoint the view to the bottom was kind of dizzying and at some points the view changed so it was almost like i was staring straight down over the top of it.

From what i can remember i felt happy with this location, although part of me felt like i had visited this town before (familiar buildings) and i had a feeling of peace. I can't remember much about the town but as i say it was 'familiar' even though in real life ive never been there.

There's not much more i can say about it really - but in my mind the stone circle looked beautiful but at some points quite far away.

Thjere was no point in my dream where i actually visited the circle, but i think i planned on doing before i awoke.

i think it means, if you live in a city, get out while the gettin's good

could mean that the 4 winds of change are set in stone?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

OK, here is the very first thought. What I think it is was a place you yourself created a long time ago. It is a place of rest, or a place of meditation, I have a similar place on the Ether myself. If you go there often in dreams, build on it, and make it to your liking.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Thanks for the replies - maybe i should use the vision of the circle as a place of meditation maybe?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I'm not very good at this, but...

Perhaps the dream is a representation of how you are feeling in life (at present)... are you feeling peaceful, not stressed and without any weighty decisions to make, on the horizon?

Dunno, just a thought.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Being honest it's somewhere between peace and chaos. I'm happy with myself for now, but my future is a little uncertain - it could go in a few directions, have a few options but finding it hard to find the right one.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

reply to post by autowrench

Thanks for the replies - maybe i should use the vision of the circle as a place of meditation maybe?

Well, that's what I use mine for. Since I discovered it, I have been building on it too, and the home I plan to live in in the next life, the R&R part of it, anyway. Nice to see someone talking about places in the Ether, not many people even know it exists, beyond fantasy.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

reply to post by LadySkadi

Being honest it's somewhere between peace and chaos. I'm happy with myself for now, but my future is a little uncertain - it could go in a few directions, have a few options but finding it hard to find the right one.

if it is your meditation place, why is it as you described? a place far away (very low in the ground?) surrounded by stone columns. your sanctuary from hardships.

could mean that your ideal sanctuary is unobtainable. perhaps if you took the plunge.

[edit on 3/10/2010 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hmm good theory, maybe its at the bottom of the hill, because i can only see it when i look out over the slope?

Interesting. Thanks guys

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hi, mr-lizard.

If you felt like it, I would be interested in more detail about the stone circle and the bench.

What does the bench look like? Is it permanently fixed in the ground, like the standing stones are? If so, where is it relative to the circle? (For example, outside the circle, near a stone, or inside the circle, off center, or ... where?).

Thank you. It is a very calming dream, the way you tell it. I enjoyed reading about it.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I can't recall the name of the place off-hand. But it's in Georgia. On the four stones is ascribed several different languages. It has something to do with the NWO, or the end of time. I watch alot on the discovery channel, I don't remember very good though. So in accordance with that line of thinking, I'm guessing you saw yourself in the near future?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
My two cents:

I think that perhaps you are or feel like you are surrounded by cold, unfeeling people and you long to escape. You see a place of peace but just cant seem to reach it. As I said, thats my two cents as I tend to look at dreams from an emotional perspective.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by eight bits
Hi, mr-lizard.

If you felt like it, I would be interested in more detail about the stone circle and the bench.

What does the bench look like? Is it permanently fixed in the ground, like the standing stones are? If so, where is it relative to the circle? (For example, outside the circle, near a stone, or inside the circle, off center, or ... where?).

Thank you. It is a very calming dream, the way you tell it. I enjoyed reading about it.

Hello eight bits - first of all thanks for replying...

The stones were in an X position , one in each 'corner' of the circle (if that makes sense) with the circle around them.

The bench was made from the same stone (light grey/ sandstone tan) ... and was between the bottom stones in the 'southern' position of the circle on the edge of the circle - equally distant from each of the bottom stones.. The bench may have been made from 3 pieces or from a solid block (i cannot remember and didn't see it up close).

From my viewpoint, it looked very peaceful and a thought i remembered was how much i wanted to show my friends this place.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy
I can't recall the name of the place off-hand. But it's in Georgia. On the four stones is ascribed several different languages. It has something to do with the NWO, or the end of time. I watch alot on the discovery channel, I don't remember very good though. So in accordance with that line of thinking, I'm guessing you saw yourself in the near future?

Hi thanks for contributing.

I've just googled the georgia stones , but as much as i'd love to say 'wow!' - the stones are layed out differently to the ones in my dream.

I will paint them out and upload a picture soon.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
My two cents:

I think that perhaps you are or feel like you are surrounded by cold, unfeeling people and you long to escape. You see a place of peace but just cant seem to reach it. As I said, thats my two cents as I tend to look at dreams from an emotional perspective.

Hi thanks for the reply.

Maybe , but being honest the feeling of peace was felt from afar and not actually inside the stones.

I remember feeling happy, although i did long for my friends to see the place, so maybe you're right.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f48641495686.jpg[/atsimg]

The blue arrow shows where i was looking from (looking downhill at the circle)

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I gave it my best shot anyhow.
The guide stones are atop a hill-side so unless you're floating above them, you can't be looking down at them. Interesting dream none the less.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Sorry for the delay in saying thank you for the additional information about the stone circle and the placement of the bench in your dream. I have been traveling, and only sporadically in touch with the web. Thanks especially for the diagram, which was very helpful.

Artisitic arrangements that have a strong center, especially those featuring circles and squares, form the class called mandalas, searchable. All of them, since Jung, are thought of as representations of the whole self, not just waking consciousness or ego, but all parts of the mind, conscious and unconscious, working together in harmony.

To that, you have added that nice asymmetric element, the bench, placed to one side, and between two "corners."

Just a personal reaction, because it is an art work. I think of the bench as consciousness or ego (as where a conscious, awake person would place himself). The ego is not the center of the self. The ego is not even a "pillar" of the self, but it is a "bridge" between the pillars of the self, and a witness to the center of the self.

Not intentionally cryptic, but there isn't much to add to your mandala. It speaks for itself, I think.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hey; were there any Silver Keys anywhere?

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by eight bits
Sorry for the delay in saying thank you for the additional information about the stone circle and the placement of the bench in your dream. I have been traveling, and only sporadically in touch with the web. Thanks especially for the diagram, which was very helpful.

Thank YOU for replying

Not intentionally cryptic, but there isn't much to add to your mandala. It speaks for itself, I think.

Can you further explain what you mean, i'm a little slow on the uptake.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join