It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where's your head at?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

where's your head at?

www.montrealmirror.com

The notion behind Facebook seemed altogether too immodest when a friend explained the Web site to me a few months ago. Along with Friendster and MySpace, it’s the type of site where one creates a kind of personal shrine to himself, receiving homage from friends, and in turn paying homage to their shrines. Most users have at least a dozen photos of themselves online, and many add their phone numbers.

It cuts the stalker’s workload by half. Although one has to be approved as a friend by another user to access a profile, a good number of users seem keen on adding all the friends they can g
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It really goes to show how easy it is to practise identity theft or fraudulent fund raising I'm pretty sure Face book goes a little deeper than fraud though, And with the freedom given on facebook, I have a funny feeling that Social networking will be banned by 2013 at the least.
They can't tell Billions of people to STFU haha.
Although they could try.. haha

www.montrealmirror.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I have an alter-ego on FB that really does nothing more than play Mafia Wars 10 minutes a day. Otherwise, my 'me' profile hardly ever gets used, except to send a message to my friends back home once a week or so.

My alter ego does have 5000 friends, though, and sometimes I find myself checking out hot chicks' pictures. I don't internet stalk or real stalk, but yeah... It's one stop shopping for sick puppies.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Only one alter-ego? I have thirteen!
Two for politics (left/right), two for Farmville, one for females only, one for friends, one for family, the rest exist so I can comment on various blogs anonymously...

They might learn a bit about me, but they can never guess all about me!

[EDIT]: OK, I'm lying... But I will not disclose how many egos I really have...[/EDIT]

[edit on 2010.3.10 by Carlthulhu]

top topics

join