It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Blacks embrace their opressors God

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Im a Mrs. I find it hilarious that you come bite at my ankles given the other posts that have said darned near the same thing. Must be my personal blackness.. err... dark brownishness not wanting to side with you against the white guys that unnerves you
Get used to it.

And you know, Im really frustrated and cant seem to work up a good old fashioned frothing at the mouth rantiness ! I cant even get into a great flame war or a battle of wits. One of us is lacking and its not me
I cant really make any sense out of your post, so go have fine wallowing in self pity adn Im going to go watch a movie with my normal family.

Oh yeah, in closing : edumakate yourself. It will do you some good. If you have communication issues or learning disabilities, there are ways to navigate the internet and written communication so that others can understand you. If its one thing about the black community that annoys me to no end is the lacking education. I will talk to you ALL DAY about you desperately needing black-centric education rather than forcing kids to all be the same... we are not the same! We SHOULD celebrate differences and provide the large black community with TRUE heritage based curriculum rather than leaving them to make up pathetic ( and hilarious) lies to feel like a community. Thats another LIE that your slavemasters have fed you. Straighten your hair and get an education at a nice white public school with nice white curriculum. Been there done that myself. YOUR people are lying to you and using you
Id love for your "race" to become empowered by something other than lies and complete bull# because you are tiresome with the poor me race card BS. Id love to ridicule you for having the lacking sense to try to communicate in the big pond with your skills.. but I fear its still more of the slave mindset that keeps you ignorant ( in the true sense of the word) and angry. Your and OPs issue is that you are liars even yourselves and your indignation is wholly misplaced. Your anger at whites as a skin color of a group and the absurd things you believe about them would be laughable if it wasnt so heartfelt by some in the black community. The various NAs from a handful of tribes that I personally have some minute dealings with on a medical level are finally starting to take some damned personal responsibility and act like civilized human beings FINALLY. Like the Irish did, the xtians did. like the celts did, the jews did, and every other oppressed persuasion has throughout history before us recent ones here in the USA. NOW ITS YOUR TURN.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
With all due respect to you dixie70, I don’t know of any Native Americans who aren’t and were not civilized. It is and was the whites who weren’t civilized in their destruction of the Native American and African cultures.

As for the modern Native Americans and African Americans, you have to understand that just because it is decades in question; the rape, pillage, murder, and oppression of those people can indeed have effects that last over centuries.

Certainly no Black or Native American person shopuld use their historical plight as an excuse for bad behavior today, nonetheless to forget the historical crime against these people and not consider that as contributing to their modern problems is wrong, IMO.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
With all due respect to you dixie70, I don’t know of any Native Americans who aren’t and were not civilized. It is and was the whites who weren’t civilized in their destruction of the Native American and African cultures.

As for the modern Native Americans and African Americans, you have to understand that just because it is decades in question; the rape, pillage, murder, and oppression of those people can indeed have effects that last over centuries.

Certainly no Black or Native American person shopuld use their historical plight as an excuse for bad behavior today, nonetheless to forget the historical crime against these people and not consider that as contributing to their modern problems is wrong, IMO.

^
This. Also, I'm no fan of ANY religion myself, I see it as man-made, simply a way for people to control other people, so, IMO all religions are bogus, not just christianity.(can't understand why anyone thinks that any entity powerful enough to create universes give a damn what rules you live your life by, or who you have sex with. is god a micromanager???) As a black american, it's been my experience that the black community does have a victim mentality, and actually practices more discrimination against each other, than anyone outside the community itself. if you don't believe in jesus, you're out. if you're gay, you're out. if you speak too good, you're an oreo. if you get good grades, you're "acting white" and a sellout. If you're successful AT ALL, you're suspect somehow. I'm sorry, but black americans are the most self-defeating people on earth. I see threads of this in my own behavior, and I work against it daily. We had slavery. We had jim crow. but, we also have a black president, and, although that doesn't mean racism is over(hell I've actually seen more of it since Obama was elected), it does point to the fact that if he can, so can we. so can you.

So, my fellow black people, shut the # up, stop bitching, and get on with it.

edit on 2-3-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I guess we all need something to base our identity on. Some choose religion and for others it would be art...but I feel sorry for anyone who would base it on something as shallow as the color of their skin, no matter how black or white it may be.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Well, I am not sure where you are getting your information from, but there is nothing "white" about the message or the people who were written about in the books of the bible.

The question you might want to ask yourself is why many so many European nations have always wanted to conquer Egypt to discover hidden treasures and knowledge and why they adopted another culture's religion?

Food for thought.

**Also, anyone who has ever read the Bible would immediately realize that oppression is frowned upon by the God who is described therein. No one can truely practice the Christian faith and lead a Christian life by having slaves or oppressing anyone else.

edit on 5-3-2011 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I think the OP asks a valid question, though I may not agree with the accepted history, and I think she has some incorrect understandings. But I've wondered the same question in regards to whites, why has so many whites accepted the god of their controller/oppressors, in other words, whites, whose True God is Odin, has enmasse, like blacks, fallen to accept the Jew god. And it's a brutal traditon, look how the Jew god followers brutally killed and forced the white Odin believers to accept their Jew god. They desecrated their temples, built churched over them, altered the Holy Pagan days to reflect their Jew god religion.

Really, this is a valid question, and I'll include the OP's concern as well, the Jew religion is a brutal forced way, and has been accepted by blacks and whites, and it's not the true folkway of either.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Muslim Arabs and Muslim Africans are still enslaving Africans. Not a peep about it out of the always outraged, chest beating diveristy tribal leaders. Says somethihng about the condition of your offended honor, doesn't it.

White Christians, frustrated that Muslims were enslaving Christians and the world did not care, went over to Sudan and purchased black slaves then set them free. They brought many of them to the US. They live mostly in the Northeast.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I always wondered why throughout history, there were so many authentic african american christians. It seems absurd to believe in the higher power forced on one by an oppressor. It would make sense to go through the motions to avoid persecution but beyond that...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

not only that, EVERY race owned slaves. not just whites. 88% of all slave owners owned less than 20 slaves.

Wow thats makes it all better! Not only did whites and other races own slaves, but they only kept less than 20!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueLightRain
I always wondered why throughout history, there were so many authentic african american christians. It seems absurd to believe in the higher power forced on one by an oppressor. It would make sense to go through the motions to avoid persecution but beyond that...

Thank you. This is EXACTLY my point.

I am not religious at all...No head bowing to any god for me.

I squirm to see how blacks (as I myself am) fill the pews in every church across the bible belt every Sunday without missing a beat, and even pass on this 'slavery' tradition on down to their children and grandchildren.

Like you stated, I can see the Africans practicing this religion to combat oppression and adjust to slavery, but beyond that.....

I find that many blacks (I'm about to be brutally honest) do not understand or know much of their own history, much less anyone else's. Lots of time when posed to them, they turn away from it ( I guess out of shame) and chose not to learn it, and so that may be why they are so succeptable to not only accepting but EMBRACING the one of their oppressors.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

I squirm to see how blacks (as I myself am) fill the pews in every church across the bible belt every Sunday without missing a beat, and even pass on this 'slavery' tradition on down to their children and grandchildren.

Like you stated, I can see the Africans practicing this religion to combat oppression and adjust to slavery, but beyond that.....

I find that many blacks (I'm about to be brutally honest) do not understand or know much of their own history, much less anyone else's. Lots of time when posed to them, they turn away from it ( I guess out of shame) and chose not to learn it, and so that may be why they are so succeptable to not only accepting but EMBRACING the one of their oppressors.

To me, it sounds like you are saying, just because white people of the past owned slaves that were black that black people of today shouldn't embrace the Holy Bible. Maybe out of shame or the sole reason of the history of being a slave in their background should be a reason to disconnect all from what their slave masters believed in? Is this the point your trying to make? Or thoughts you are thinking? Just because it is a religion slave owners embraced, the descendants of the slaves should not embrace it? Or have the feeling of obligation to worship the Christian God?

If thats the case then all African Americans that feel like you should be willing to leave the USA and shouldn't look back shouldn't they?

Another thing, what is wrong with following the 10 commandments and believing you could go to a great place when you die?
edit on 4-5-2011 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
no white person reigned over the system of life that egyptians practiced. so even if some invaders came and claimed they held power in that location; the black people divided unto themselves at the disunion that one persons personal epiphany of unity wrought.black people were never a people that said; "all is one and one is all", their value came from knowing their place in existence and being good at it.

Auctually, I do own Africa and I am a white African and i've been to egypt. For the second time in my life I will admit, as a god ordained, I have been blessed by god with the gift of being the new owner the piramid of menkaure but also, choeps and the entire graveyard/housing district. So, yes a white person did.

Sincerely,

God ordained
King of Heaven and Earth,
Imperial and Royal House of Hohenzollern
Imperial and Royal Majesty
Fernidad Frederick, King of Prussia
Emperor of Germany
Head of State
SCAG - Southern California Association of Governments
Owner
Ken Pochinko 'Spyder' Moonlight Helicopter Squadron - U.S. Militia
www.scag.ca.gov...
Diplomatic and Sovereign Immunity
President Gerald Ford and the Foriegn Sovereign Immunities Act 1976

edit on 23-5-2011 by firstonterror because: type-o "owning"

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
First of all, most slaves were taken to S America, which is mainly Catholic, which is a version of Christianity that is also almost completely responsible for all the bad things that Christians have done. Not only the worst slavery in the Americas, but the worst genocide.

Most of British settled America, the U.S. and Canada are not Catholic, but mostly protestant, and did not practice slavery, and treated native Americans far better than they were treated in Latin America.

If there is a religion that Blacks should reject, it is Islam, which has bee far more cruel to blacks than Christianity ever was.

Talk about genocide, Blacks in Northern Africa have been almost completely replaced by Arabs, and they are marching into Central Africa as we post, practicing genocide.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

First of all, most slaves were taken to S America, which is mainly Catholic, which is a version of Christianity

kinda funny. Slavery is not a religion. lol

but, back to what you said that "Catholic, which is a version of Christianity" was funny too, other way around. lol

If you notice, Christianity is only like 3 pages underlined in red from the Catholic Bible. heheh...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I've come to believe that religion in of itself is not oppressive, like most things, it's all in the interpretation and implementation. It has BECOME oppressive and dangerous, in many instances, because of the actions of some of the people involved, and that's true of ANY religion or path. If one believes in some kind of higher power(s), it shouldn't matter what path one takes to reach out to them, so I completely reject your characterization of christianity as "The oppressors religion". You betray a lack of knowledge on the nature of religions by classifying it as such. I'm black, and I'm not a christian. as a matter of fact, not only am I not a christian, I recently stated studying a pre-christian religion called asatru' which recognizes not one god, but many, based in norse folklore, and it's fascinating. You will find, as you delve deeper into different paths, how much cross-pollination there is. christianity stole pagan holy days and rituals, changed the names, and just added them to their deal, for instance. lots of that. So, when you accuse blacks of taking on "the oppressors' religion" you don't realize that embedded in that religion are the practices of other religions that predate christianity by thousands of years.

Basically, you're not making any #ing sense, all due respect.

edit on 23-5-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Here's an idea. Leave the past's inequitities and victimizations with the bones of those who lived it. I am white and I accept none of the blame for actions I would never condone and actively seek to stop if it was still happening here. It's not by any means my fault. This should go for all the Christians currently alive today. Unless there are some immortals mucking about that I am ignorant of.

But, I know what this is. An attempt to connect antireligious victim mentality to black racial victim mentality.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

The Invisibility of The Black Atheist
It can be argued that in most African American communities it is more acceptable to be a criminal who believes in God and goes to church on Sunday while selling drugs to kids all week than to be an atheist who has a good job, a good education, who contributes to society and supports his family. In these communities you find more tolerance towards gangbangers, drug addicts, and prostitutes, who pray to God for forgiveness than for honest productive citizens who deny the existence of God. This, for me, is one of the most embarrassing elements of Black culture, our zealous embracement of the God of our kidnappers, murderers, slavemasters and oppressors.

wordsofwrath.blogspot.com...

I am a black African-American woman who identifies with the author. I left religion a few years ago. It seems insane, even sad to know that most blacks tend to embrace the 'white' Christ/God more than the white slave masters did themselves. I know that in the time of slavery, they used shackels, guns, and whips.....

Let me set you straight. God is not a white man. God is not a black man. God, that is, the Son of God, is a man only. There is no white peoples God. Blacks who continue to stay in the victim mentality will always stay oppressed by their own failure to be an individual instead of a color.

And as far as slavery is concerned. It was about commerce and money, not God. Slavery was about using people to make other people rich, not about God.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Lol...That was your attempt at 'setting me straight?'

Anyways, I never even stated God was black, white, or polka dotted. Actually, God is just another god (advanced being from another place than Earth) as there were many gods visiting Earth in biblical history, but I'm sure that's over your head....

The reason that I asked "Why do BLACKS embrace their oppressor's god" was to get black people into really digging around in the history of their 'christian religion'. They need to know that in Africa, we didn't worship anyone with blonde hair and blue eyes, or who had hispanic name such as Jesus (Hay soos).

Christianity was beat into us by white slavemasters as well as African slave-sellers. For what? To place psychological fear into our minds for long term obidience to the oppressors and to strip us from any knowledge of true African history, culture, and mainly religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join