It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Blacks embrace their opressors God

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by siahchi

This whole post is nothing but pure racist BS.

The Muslims have done nothing for the last 500 years but get their butts kicked anything they went up against Europeans because Europeans have beat them with technology for several thousand years now.

Even with the trillions that the Muslim countries have raked in due to European countries developing their oil resources, the Muslim nations have failed to develop any respectable level of technology or industry that might be able to sustain them after the oil runs out.

All they have are propaganda lies, spread by people like you.

Please name all of the great technology, and provide links to back up your claims, that the Muslim world has created over the last 500 years.

Africa has became Muslimized over the last thousand years because of ceaseless conquest of Africa by the Muslims, pure and simple.

Africans who embrace Islam are embracing the religion of their enemies who continue to fight to destroy them.

The Abrahamic religions in general kill cultures, and stagnate them. Europe came out of its dark age by throwing off the yoke of Catholicism. When the MIddle East and Africa succeed in throwing off the yoke of Islam, only then will they begin to be able to be productive cultures once again.

Oh, by the way, the Chinese did use gun powder for cannons, they were just not capable of making rifles and better cannons, or developing the sailing ships that allowed Europeans to dominate the seas.

The crusades were a response to Islamic hostility, not the other way around.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Here you go, all in one handy webpage: Many (but by no means all) of the Arab scientists who enlightened the west:

List of Arab scientists

Oh, and even a thousand years ago let alone thousands the biggest coming together of peoples and knowledge was occuring in the Mid-East and Africa while Europe languished in the dark ages. Even the greatest Greek philosophers, before Europe plunged into barbarism from the northern tribes, from Socrates to Pythagoras, studied in Egypt. You do know the alphabet your using to type is based off of Phoenician, right? Say it with me: chemistry= Al-KHemia, algebra = Al-Jabr. your "Avicenna" was actually named Ibn-Sina, Your Geber was actually named Jabir. Come on man do some research, and give credit where credit is due. BTW last time I checked you guys lost the crusades, and kids in Italy to this day are named Saladin. Saladin is where Europe based the idea of chivalry off, you know that, right?
And Pope Alexander II issued the statement that launched the crusades, Not the other way around. Thats why the Muslims never went farther than Spain or Italy, the land to the north is cold and relativaly un-productive.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by siahchi]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tdogg1

tdogg1, Christianity is Sun worship, based off ancient Egyptian and other near eastern beliefs, modified by the Roman empire. As for Lamurudu, who knows? I'm no Babalawo. But there is a Ibo man from Nigeria who once told me there is a city of Haifa in Nigeria and that it was founded several hundred years ago by a Arab man from Haifa in Palestine. This is hearsay though. No doubt about it though, religions have been used throughout history to control and de-empower people.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by siahchi

Quote: "The man who accepts western values absolutely, finds his creative faculties becoming so warped and stunted that he is almost completely dependent on external satisfactions, and the moment he becomes frustrated in his search for these, he begins to develop neurotic symptoms, to feel that life is not worth living, and, in chronic cases, to take his own life" - Paul Robeson

Ohh that was disturbing to read this was exactly how I use to feel but I have always sought new Horizons thanks for calling me Ntr its and honor as I am from cold old Europe Scandinavia ..I do like the cold not freezing but chilled and it just shows that all truly is one if we chose to accept it hope peace and tolerance will triumph in the end of all this babel and madness .
good to know that someone stands up and speaks

quote: “Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned, and until there are no longer first-class and second-class citizens of any nature, until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes. And until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race, And until that day, the dream of lasting peace, world citizenship, rule of international morality, will remain but a fleeting illusion to be pursued, but never attained...quote Haile Selassie I speech Un general assembly 1963.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by siahchi

Like I said, got anything from the last 500 years, I didn't see a single date on your wiki link from the last 500 years.

The Egyptians were a culture of a many races, Ramses actually had red hair, which means he was a white guy, so Europeans get equal credit for the development of Egyptian technology. Most of the Middle Eastern Empires were conquerors from central Asia, or in other words, white people. Wave after wave of whites conquered the Middle East over thousands of years, usually due to the superior technology they have developed to deal with the harsh environment of central Asia.

The Phoenicians may very well have been white people. The Greeks were white invaders from Europe or central Asia. The Romans were white people as well, and the people who conquered India were of the same people from central Asia who also settled most of Europe. central Asia area as well. They were all bringers of civilization and technology.

White people didn't create everything, but we didn't steal everything either. It is most likely that all races and cultures have contributed. The last millennium has been dominated by Europeans, but who know who will lead in this next millennium.

However to spread these lies that Europeans stole all of their technology when obviously they did not is pure asinine.

edit to add link

www.jstor.org...

[edit on 17-3-2010 by poet1b]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by a-being-?

Greetings to you, all the way out there! I really like the Scandinavian countries, and the system of government, I just wish it was a little warmer (but thats what those hot springs are for!) We are all aspects of the divine, whether we consciously acknowledge it or not. Much love!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by siahchi

Poet1b, you are actually right on one point, the Indo-Aryan culture did spread useful knowledge far and wide. However, the Phoenicians were most certainly not Caucasian, and yes Egyptians had many hues and hair textures but you can see Egyptians today, dark of skin and with red hair. Don't ask me why, I've actually puzzled over that myself. Apparently you did't even read the wiki as there are scientists ranging from 1,500 years ago on to the present in it. I never said anything was stolen, either. Cultures always influence neighboring cultures whether it's scientific knowledge or religious doctrine. I simply asked you to look at how the technology was applied once appropriated from another people.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by siahchi

Um, this is what you said that riled me.

Actually, all that advanced technology of the last 500 years came to darkest Europe from the enlightened Middle East, you know stuff like navigation and real medicine, philosophy and metaphysics.

All that advanced technology? Hardly

First of all, Rome, which is in Europe, lead the world in technology, not the Middle East.

If anything, the invasion of Christianity pushed European culture backwards, not forwards, as there was a great deal of technology wiped out by the Catholic church as devil worship. The ancient Europeans were not as backwards as the Church has consistently tried to portray them. The Roman nobility were sending their sons to be educated by the Druids, as were a great many other kingdoms of the era.

What seems to be the more accurate picture is that most of the technology of the ancient world had been created by many cultures and people, and slowly spread around to the other cultures.

What put the Europeans ahead of everyone else is that they threw off the yoke of the Church, and embraced science, and democracy, which has very ancient roots in European culture.

The rest of the world was trapped by religious dogma and strict class/caste systems that had stagnated their cultures.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by siahchi

Like I said, got anything from the last 500 years, I didn't see a single date on your wiki link from the last 500 years.

The Egyptians were a culture of a many races, Ramses actually had red hair, which means he was a white guy, so Europeans get equal credit for the development of Egyptian technology. Most of the Middle Eastern Empires were conquerors from central Asia, or in other words, white people. Wave after wave of whites conquered the Middle East over thousands of years, usually due to the superior technology they have developed to deal with the harsh environment of central Asia.

The Phoenicians may very well have been white people. The Greeks were white invaders from Europe or central Asia. The Romans were white people as well, and the people who conquered India were of the same people from central Asia who also settled most of Europe. central Asia area as well. They were all bringers of civilization and technology.

White people didn't create everything, but we didn't steal everything either. It is most likely that all races and cultures have contributed. The last millennium has been dominated by Europeans, but who know who will lead in this next millennium.

However to spread these lies that Europeans stole all of their technology when obviously they did not is pure asinine.

edit to add link

www.jstor.org...

Hello again I know this is not directed at me but now I must make and observation again , you started of calling me a racist and suspected me of being from the middle east as you properly have read in my u2u I am from Scandinavia . you started of bashing my posts as racist claiming that the white people druidic traditions and what not , where earth loving goddess
worshiping peaceful people but in this post you actually use the word conquering and invading white people a lot, using superior technology ... can you not see the Irony in that ?

Even if you are correct which I at this point doubt and they started it WE keep making it worse . the natural people still existing around the world like the aborigines of Australia and others existing with in the balance of nature are the intelligent ones because they know what technology leads to if the mind has not been developed enough, and even then when, and If we make things to easy we tend to forget! like I said before We are ALL wrong otherwise we would not be in this situation now would we ?

I take slight offense to that said about the barbaric north but also as I gaze out into the Environment and world I am Humble enough to see that it could be very true indeed. but past is the past this is the present I have thrown away my illusion of nationality and country and have wisdom and understanding to give credit were credit is due.

to quote Miyamoto musashi japanese rouge samurai I think it was who
said: No matter where you go the sky is the same and there are people living under it quote.

No matter what any history book or any people claim is truth the truth is apparent when one look at how they act and conduct themselves IMO .

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Well, democracy in purer forms than we know today was practiced by the Iroquois federation as well as African kingdoms such as Ghana and Songhai. The thing that really irks me is the western superiority complex, " we're right, and you are savages". It's been the same for centuries. People in different places have found different ways to live, and nobody has all the answers. So why have Europeans come into EVERY country and told the people they better get with the times or face annihilation? Do you know that ALL the squiglly lines on today's map have been drawn by Europeans? All of them! There is no respect for "first peoples" so thats where you are getting all the negativity from. We are all human with something to bring to the table, what pisses everyone off is Europeans and those descended from them think they have the answers to everything. The same could be said for Californians in the U.S. Why can't I smoke in a bar anymore? Some Californian who thinks they're more civilized than me.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. I was quoting Herodotus with the barbaric north thing. Truthfully, I've traveled quite a bit and if I were to live anywhere I chose right now it would be a toss-up between Germany (Hamburg) and Cairo. I love urban centers! To be sure, there is much wisdom in Teutonic myth and religion. It just seems that here in the west it's shoved down our throats while "indigenous" knowledge from other cultures is systematically wiped out.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I think you opinions are racist because you make statements like this.

Almost all what the west and Europe is today I believe is because they stole it from the so called primitive cultures such as Egypt also in Africa/Ethiopia take your pick.

This in my opinion is not only a racist perspective, but also completely untrue, and I still stand by this belief. Egypt was a multi-racial society, yet you don't want to give any credit for the contributions whites may have made.

When it comes to the crusades the Muslims were the aggressors. Throughout history many groups have been conquerors and civilizers, but of course in your racist version of history only whites ever conquered anyone and then somehow stole their technology, and that is pure nonsense.

So you live in Scandinavia, you may or may not be white or Muslim, but you do hold a racist attitude towards whites, that much is evident.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by siahchi

The "Iroquois" were conquerors who conquered a large area of what is now the U.S. Northwest.

tolatsga.org...

Exactly how democratic can a conquering people be?

Do you have any links to back up this stuff you constantly claim, and wiki is not reliable as evidence.

As far as superiority complexes go, plenty of other cultures have the same problem, it is not something that exists only in western culture. Once again, your prejudices are showing.

So did Europeans draw the lines on the map when China conquered Tibet? How about when Japan conquered Okinawa?

Let me get this straight, you see San Francisco as a place that has no respect for people's rights, but Saudi Arabia, or Singapore are just fine and dandy?

EDIT to add: Who is wiping out knowledge from other cultures? Westerner's for the most part go around the world trying to preserve ancient cultures from around the world. My daughter studied Native American culture, and there plenty of classes around the country that still teach many native American religions, beliefs, and customs.

It is just one cheap shot after another from you.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

reply to post by poet1b

Ok I am done trying to explain myself in length as you do not read it anyway
and its a waste of time, did you read my u2u ? did you understand it ? let me elaborate on the thing you keep quoting me for I believe as its my personal opinion ( we got freedom of speech a little while longer at least). 2 I have never claimed it as truth nor did I say it was not debatable. As siachi has shown there is much that suggest its true although I stand corrected and we might have developed and contributed each and every culture alike. But it doesn't change the fact that the white superiority complex also mentioned here in the thread is is taking all the credit and if that is not a form of stealing then sorry for the mix up but its my personal opinion that such actions is stealing ! I do not want to give credit for multicultural civilization ? what gives you that Idea ? ever considered that I did not know this? did you care to enlighten me? no. last time I checked the story it was the Egyptians those living there today who had that civilization because that is what the educational view in Europe's schools are later some here said it was the Nubian's now it multi cultural , this why I said I believe as I can do nothing else since in order to know you had to be there on that time to know.. see ?

earlier you said that a lot of amazing things have been discovered and only a racist would claim it to be theirs.. this is not a quote !

you write :The Egyptians were a culture of a many races, Ramses actually had red hair, which means he was a white guy, so Europeans get equal credit for the development of Egyptian technology. Most of the Middle Eastern Empires were conquerors from central Asia, or in other words, white people. Wave after wave of whites conquered the Middle East over thousands of years, usually due to the superior technology they have developed to deal with the harsh environment of central Asia.

white white white yeeeesshhh

by you own definition you are also racist with such a statement

of course I am not afraid to say you do correct yourself when you say that whites did not invent everything later but I left it out as you do. If you care to read what I read further in you would discover the same is the case with me , if you still stand by that belief based on my two first lines again your own definition dictates and applies to the one and only yes you.

again can you not see the Irony ?

You unlike me present yourself as Mr know it all but it appears you read a lot and is well learned in your subject of conviction but sadly doesn't observer and think. I have tried to show you in length and detail why I have come to think this way but you only see to lines of all that I have written . If you don't listen don't try knowledge truly pass you by ..: man I wasted my time again

[edit on 17-3-2010 by a-being-?]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

But do you read my posts?

I have made my positions clear on why I think that Europeans have been so successful over the last half a millennium.

I have now read your u2u, and I will reply when I get the chance.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Originally posted by speakslove9
reply to post by mahtoosacks

As an educator, reading your post embodies for me why students are often banned from using Wikipedia as a source. Although Christianity began around 43AD, what you neglected to mention is that it ended around 700AD with the onset of the Arab conquest. This is relative to North Africa. You speak of Africa as though it is a country and not a vast continent. You made no mention of the other regions of the continent where ancestral worship and other indigenous beliefs were practiced. When was Christianity re-introduced? With the appearance of European colonial conquerors and missionaries.

Then you are a poor educator.

Christianity was not wiped out by the Muslims. Christians continued to exist but were taxed by the Muslim conquerors. Christian minorities have existed in Muslim nations since they became Muslim nations. The Coptic, Ethiopian and Assyrian churches are good examples of this.

Spoken by an obviously poor student. I never said Christians ceased to exist in the whole of Africa. My point was actually relative to a specific region and the fact that the Christian presence in that region went virtually silent at a point in history. It goes without saying that minorities (religious, cultural or otherwise) persist post conquest. DOMINANCE of the faith in N. Africa did in fact end around 700AD.Furthermore, my point was to illustrate that the post that I originally responded to neglected to mention the latter. All of which you obviously missed.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Yes I do read your post why do you think I try do show you that I am not a racist? and why do you think I ask you to listen to the audio track? Or direct you to the post that started my response that you quote ? I even tried to direct you to the post by the user Exposing the devil were he does exactly what you accuses me of doing saying such things as : that the blacks were in control of Europe until 1763 and that whites have only been in control the last 300 years and that whites was put into caves and mountain regions by the blacks but then also whines about slavery that happen 400 years ago, to this I make the observation that whites by his version of history cannot be responsible for the slavery and genocides he accuses them for. I go on telling him that i don't believe that to be true simply that he must admit to that fact based on his own words.

are you familiar with the story of peter and the wolf?
peter keeps crying wolf and the village comes to his rescue and he laughs
then after numerous times of doing so for fun the wolf really do show up and he cries for help but this time the villages won't come as they have been lied to so many times that they don't take him seriously and so the wolf eats peter...

fact the league of nations that later became the UN were formed with the noblest of intentions in providing collective security backed by its members to aid a country who ends up in trouble . then in beginning of ww2 starts to slowly develop and Ethiopia who have become a member is invaded by Italy
and the British and the Germans and French, who have supported Ethiopia turns the back on the country and their own words including every other member of said organization that is fact.

the coast of Somalia has been destroyed by big corporations dumping their toxic waste in the oceans and destroying the local populations fishing grounds ..now some begins to defend their territory and defend their life's bread by doing piracy demanding ransoms in order to survive and is labeled pirates and criminals because the won't stand to the injustice that is also fact
see the documentary By Ross Kemp in search of pirates .

the oil companies and gasoline companies such as shell is destroying the land with oil spills and claiming to the world that they clean up after themselves which also is shown in the documentary mentioned to be another lie, this has been going on many years and as the wealthy white people who owns these operations do nothing about it one can only assume that they are greedy scum.

you did hear about the Cop15 meeting in Copenhagen my home town were negotiations broke down due to and email showing that the noble words and guise of Saving the environment was nothing more than another way of robing some poor countries and giving wealth to the rich ones this is also fact.

have your heard the expression the one who buys the stolen goods is in no better than the one stealing?

this can be applied to the rich countries of today manly the European ones and the ones doing the plundering and expansion of western influences such as USA . There has been conspiracies suggesting that the Britain and the USA is being manipulated by the leaders of Israel whether or not this is true I cannot speak about . but I can make the observation that in south Africa there used to be Apartheid and in Israel today Israelis and Palestinians uses different roads to travel on this is a striking mirror of Apartheid IMO.

Again nothing to do with the good people trapped in such areas that are trying to call attention to these injustices

having been lied to time and time again I have lost the faith in what my leaders teach and tell as fact , so I looked elsewhere, again listen to the audio track ... we keep crying terrorist when we are the one's terrorizing (western civilization) some worse than others .

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

continuation of previous post.

even today the united nations only interfere in countries were the west has interests and neglecting the promise of collective security as weaker countries are overlooked or forced into agreeing or bought into agreeing with what ever policies the rich countries see fit.

The US, also tells great things to its population about How the middle east and Saddam Husein were concealing WMD 's there are clips of the leaders admitting so, and later they state, that they have never said that online. again more lies this is also fact. And not to forget who put Saddam in power
then when he won't play ball, uses his dictatorial behavior and oppression to seem noble and as liberators ? yes he was bad but then should have been removed long ago if one truly believes that he is evil and not wait until he is no longer useful.

seeing the oceans of opinions and the difference in historical accuracy I can only believe based on observations made
and the accounts of peace loving people you describe I am not able to find in any of my told history from the past its always about conquering and expansion and glorious battles winning the victory

But being part of the mind state who wish for peace and universal love and
cooperation I then must question it as I have seen and ocean of lies

I can't remember who said that history is written by the victor .

I do not mind that you believe the Europeans had a vast peaceful civilization
once but I won't stand being called a racist

perhaps I should have said the ruling dominating white people stole instead of white people

what ever you claim was in the past is not evident today IMO
but what sachi says and what Anarcissus have linked to shows
that yes we are not all that great at least not know

when coming to the male is superior to woman god thing I agree fully on what you say , but I don't believe in the Goddess either my belief is that God the creator or what ever you chose to call it has no gender and that everyone views god through the spectacles of his or hers culture .

if the Europeans and the way they conduct themselves is their version of God then I prefer the version expressed by Haile Selassie I and seeing what he tried to accomplish as the more correct belief despite the said thing about
male vs woman , but if the others won't stand up and show the legacy you profess to its nothing but fancy words IMO based on said cultures today and their conduct in the world. this is evident if you look it has nothing to do with racism.

telling others what to think or believe is just plain wrong and written legislations that dooms a people cannot be viewed as laws if it only serves the need of those already having and condemning those without and when said people who ever they be won't stand for it and rebels then is portrayed as Savages or terrorists, that is just plain Cowardly an unjust, making whatever comes out of their system corruption. Here in Denmark we have allowed for mosque's to be built and I do not mind this but I would not accept that they stand early in the morning praying in loud speakers over the entire town which is a reasonable demand because religion is a persons own business an the noise would affect everyone else if kept inside its none of my business. The church bells rings here and that is annoying to, but part of my cultures belief .
If I moved to Muslim countries the praying from the towers would be the norm and I would respect that. Scarfs turbans robes, let people wear what they wish, love tolerance and understanding is they way to peace. that I believe
hope you will listen to the speech and not judge his words based on his religion but what is said .. I hope I have now clarified and you will at least consider it .

[edit on 18-3-2010 by a-being-?]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I have to admit, I missed your earlier exchange, but I have heard many crazy versions of history that chooses to label one group as all bad, and the others as all good, and usually this is aimed at whites.

Yes, I am familiar with the story of the boy who cried wolf, but I am not sure how it applies here.

How about providing some links that back up these stories you are telling about Ethiopia and Somalia? Telling me to read some author doesn't work, I am not going to go read some book to back up somebodies claim.

As far as what corporations do in third world countries, what you will find if you do the research is that the governments of these third world countries are very repressive of human rights, and very corrupt, and they demand deals with the corporations that favor the rich dominate families in those countries, to the detriment of the people of those countries. When you contribute charity money to help starving children in third world nations, the leaders/dictators of those countries demand that a part of the charity money goes to them so they can buy weapons which they then use to control and abuse the locals and keep themselves rich.

It doesn't change the fact that our own corporations most often work to keep corrupt officials in power in third world nations, but to blame it all on the west, when most of these countries were completely screwed up before we arrived is just one sided drivel, and I get tired of people making these claims without doing their own research.

As far as who is doing the plundering and expansion in third world nations, I think your opinions are very one sided, and you need to do some more research.

markhumphrys.com...

perhaps I should have said the ruling dominating white people stole instead of white people

That would be a start. It would even be better if you eliminated the phrase "white people", because not all corporations are controlled by white people. These abuses you talk about are primarily carried out by corporations, occasionally with the help of Western governments through secret programs.

I think you have a far too liberalized view of history that fails to recognize how broad abuses of human rights are carried out by the leaders of third world nations. These problems in these countries existed long before the arrival of Europeans. Whites do not control everything, and if you did some independent research, you would find that this is true. My beliefs were once similar to yours, but then I did some research on my own. I still consider myself a liberal, but I am sick of the one sided, heavily biased view of history that so many badly informed liberals spout. It seems our institutes of education chose to teach a version of history that aims to makes us feel guilty about a past that has been greatly distorted. Now there is a real conspiracy for you.

It does seem that you are on your way to this discovery, and I suspect you will find that your views change considerably once you have gotten a better informed understanding of history.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Ok that is fair enough I can see you point , in regards to link look at page 26 for Ethiopia there is a documentary detailing what I claim from the BBC

also I have posted a written speech as I am unable to find footage of it . This speech is mentioned in the documentary briefly as an historical speech but since they did not bother to include it in the docu I have posted a link to it
as it is an amazing speech. predicting that as the European countries have left and abandoned their word he foretells that they would be next and then Italy whom they have protected joins Germany and ww2 begins for real

then there is the one I keep asking you to listen to have you done this ? if so what do you think of the message ?
also read about the Aksum empire as it goes for egypt some claim that it is older than it is given credit for

regarding pirates have sent u2u so as not to derail any further even though
it has happened . so check you inbox peace

[edit on 19-3-2010 by a-being-?]

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join