It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Blacks embrace their opressors God

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
The truth is often a hard and politically incorrect endeavor. I see it like this the blacks seem to grasp on to anything that gives them some direction. Even to go as far as being happy slaves in some cases. They seem to lack structure and every country run by blacks seems to be on the verge of collapse. Is it genetic? I don't know and I know my post sounds very racist but it is the truth. I believe everyone should be treated as equal even if they are not. Look at the US with the more rights they get the more they fall apart and self destruct. And I used to believe it was a societal thing but look at Africa they don't have the same influences but yet they have the same outcomes? The Blacks only seem to thrive under one thing and that is the control taken out of their hands. It harsh but true.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by Subjective Truth]

My lord, reading you post makes me sad that you can even think this way, granted that it looks all bad now but it was not always so .

Ethiopia has been a sovereign country for the last 2000 years , dealing with occupation by the Italians during the invasion which started at wal-wal in 1934 , and despite facing a greater military might they succeeded in fighting of the invaders . Also as many believe the nations of Africa are being run by puppets of the colonial powers and foreign influences, giving the people little control and when someone tries they are labeled terrorists some indeed are.

There have been many opinions of Haile Selassie I, but I feel that much of it is lies created by Italy during the said invasion.

go to this page : www.mtholyoke.edu...

to read a truly awesome speech and ask yourself why you have the right to make such statements as above the speech can also be read in the book: Selected speeches of his imperial majesty Haile Selassie I 1918-1967.

finally I would like to post another speech of H.I.M to the UN general assembly in 1963 its a audio track containing said speech Listen to the man
and ask if you have ever heard such words come out of any leader before.

FYI Haile Selassie I means the power of the trinity. and once the continent of Africa was called Ethiopia which translate into burned Faces have I been told but officially: www.etymonline.com...
here is also and old map : web.uflib.ufl.edu...

note I do not present this as ultimate truth there are other maps showing other names but It gives the claim some credibility IMO

speech: media.abovetopsecret.com...

also watch this documentary about H.I.M: video.google.com...#

Every one should read and listen to this. atheist and believers a like
I myself disagree with many things in the bible but some truths cannot be denied IMHO.

To the OP It is not my intention to derail or anything I just feel that its important to everybody and I hope you will listen to the audio as well .
I am just sadden by the: African-American ,black, white, you are wrong! no it is you who are wrong bla bla continually . We are all wrong otherwise we would not be in the situation the world is in now, would we?

what is said in the speeches and what is shown in the video are what the Colonial Powers fear IMO. the dividing into groups, nationalities , believers and none believers are what they like, then we keep going in circles keeping the status quo...but no matter what happens we are all responsible for the future and as expressed by H.I.M hopefully we including them will wake up before the end.

Heaven we create on Earth and like wise hell from within our own heart

one thing That I agree with in the bible God is love So if we were created in his image what should we be ? My lord and Empress good day to you all.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Geeee what a wonderful combination of racism and anti-religious gobbledygook you've concocted here.
Belief in a higher power or lack of belief in a higher power does not dictate human behavior. To pretend otherwise is to scapegoat a concept for human nature. And just because there aren't many loud black atheists does not mean that there are little or no black atheists. It is illogical to assume otherwise.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
you realize it was the blacks in Africa who captured and sold their fellow people into slavery to white slave traders?

whites never invaded Africa for slaves, your own people sold them into slavery.

i love how clueless most are.

while we're on the subject of slavery why is it Jews suffered by far the most by it yet they seem to be the most productive in todays age?

using another race as a scape goat only goes so far before people finally start seeing past the bull#

everyone is responsible for their own actions stop looking for others to blame and blame your damn self.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

you realize it was the blacks in Africa who captured and sold their fellow people into slavery to white slave traders?

Yes, this did happen.

whites never invaded Africa for slaves, your own people sold them into slavery.

Partially true. Africans did sell others into slavery. However, to make the claim that whites never invaded Africa is laughable and is not supported by history. For the most part, it can be argued that disease and African leaders kept them at bay, but the use of the word "never" is very misleading.

i love how clueless most are.

I don't. I believe people should be educated.

while we're on the subject of slavery why is it Jews suffered by far the most by it yet they seem to be the most productive in todays age?

How have jews suffered the most? If you're talking about Egypt, outside of the bible, what evidence is there that they were ever slaves in Egypt? If you're talking about "The Holocaust" those numbers have been debated as well. While we're on the subject of Jews and slavery, why don't we discuss the slave ships Jews owned and how they had a hand in all of this?

using another race as a scape goat only goes so far before people finally start seeing past the bull#

Who is using another race as a scape goat? As a whole, Africa did not benefit from slavery, yet you aren't taking that into consideration when you parrot off and remind board members that Africans also had a hand in the slave trade.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by EMPIRE]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Here is my 2 cents on this issue.

God is not Black, nor is he White. Nor is God the oppressor of any people, nor the God of oppressors. God is Spirit. God created man and not the other way around. As for those who commit crime and still feel God's conviction, they are better off than the atheist who simply say there is no God and seem to do no wrong. It is good to know that among the Black community there is still the knowledge of God and His Supreme existence. Oppression is not right for any people, and true, Blacks have had more than a fair share of it. They also have a different struggle than most and so that makes their situation different than other peoples. Of all the Black people I know, the ones that know Jesus seem to be free of all oppression. Those that do not still seem to be under an oppression.

I am a white man. I am not blind to race and creed. I do not deny differences in people but embrace them as unique attributes that make people who they are and they should be glad in that. There is no shame to be Black, White, or any race. Jesus loves all people. not only white people. God looks at the heart not the skin.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by a-being-?

No offence but you mention Ethiopia as a shinning beckon of hope for the black race.
How many times in the past 100 years have they almost starved to death? And if it was not for food brought form the outside ethiopia would be on the brink wait a minute they are still on the brink.

Is every black person the same "NO". But if you take away the rose colored glasses of equality something is very wrong. It is that they are not as evolved? Lets compare Asians and blacks do you see anything different? When most of the world was building brick houses and building cities they were still hunting with sticks. This is also why the American Indian and the aborigines of Australia are having such problems.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
We are slaves to something whether it is ignorance, greed, morality, or your local government we are all in the suck together. If we all looked at each other as slaves maybe we can rise against and become something so much better allow each other to grow believing we are all in the same boat and maybe the good will shine through. It is really horrible what we are capable of doing and have done to each other but it is absolutley amazing what we can do for each other the things we can accomplish together are endless nothing is impossible some things highly improbable. Love the world love each other

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

None taken we are here to discuss learn and explore IMO.But it appears like you haven't seen read or heard any of the things I have posted in previous post, or perhaps you are of a different opinion
Well what you say might be true although as I haven't been there, I cannot say what is right, but if you take the time to LISTEN ! to the audio clip provided (at least) or read the speech link provided you sir might want to see the documentary as well I have left the link to the speech as they mention it briefly in the documentary but that doesn't give it justice seriously read it!

Almost all what the west and Europe is today I believe is because they stole it from the so called primitive cultures such as Egypt also in Africa/Ethiopia take your pick. Also how do you expect a Continent to rise to Glory when all that should be rightfully theirs have been taken away from them during centuries oppression by the so advanced western civilization who has through their knowledge poisoned the seas, destroyed the forests taken more than they need and constantly fight over who gets the Lions share. Now yes it is true that many tribes and people live and steal from each other but if hungers sets in no matter were you are from, one become desperate and instincts take over so it is said . The west is now beginning to accept that a new way must be found in order to sustain life on earth such as green energy become more aware of the environment in general and reduce pollution ....wait living in harmony with nature taking only what you need, relying on the natural cycle as every other living being does...except the so advanced civilizations who now admits we have a problem and yet ignores it still, thanks to treaties that promises a lot but changes little ...we can send satellites into space but still we cannot feed the hungry. In view of this the people who have been conquered does not seem primitive, inferior or savages IMO.
H.I.M also said something like this : If the west had kept to it self and not sought to pursue technology then We would have had no reason to modernize our ways ... this is just from my memory . Aksum were a city built 4000-5000 years ago some say but officially : archaeology.about.com...
there has also been suggestions that the sphinx is older that what is officially recognized this claim is fueled by the observation that the Sphinx has water marking carved by rain , and that this would mean that the time it takes for the rain to carve its way into the stone would have taken longer than the current date of the sphinx.. I will stop now as I venture into a realm were I have insufficient data to really speak about it. If you do decide to take a look at the links though it is my hope that you might reconsider your views . Believe it or not I was once of the same opinion as you express looking down upon so called primitive cultures and have later been humbled by the fact that with their knowledge and understanding the world might be a better place to live, this I say to all the great cultures who have tried to live in balance with life and the planet. Please try and consider this or stay in whatever mindset you reside we all have a free choice but the outcome effects us all and the coming generations who inherits our mess . that said I am 25-years-of-age and far from being Mr know it all but with dwindling water supply and food shortage as there are threads about here on ats it is true that science play a big part in doing something about it, just as technology like communicating over the web can help people to a better understanding overall and would we have all these modern issues without them ? lets learn to live together then we can concentrate on advancements or keep killing each other with even deadlier WMD. thx to tech and no wisdom

[edit on 14-3-2010 by a-being-?]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
So there were black christians in africa, so what? That doesn't mean that every slave in america came from a christian family. The blacks that were not christian before and enslaved here did embraced their oppressors god and that has passed down through the generations. That's a fact no matter what you think of jesus.

And just because the abolitionist movement started in churches doesn't make the religion right, it makes the people right. Christianity has been used as a tool on both sides. I think jim crow would still be in effect today if most of the leaders of the civil rights movement weren't christian. That would have scared america too much.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I just remembered some words given to me , Butter cookie I apologize for not reading the article and just putting in my observations . however now that I have read it and read some of your views I do not believe that you are with out faith at all in fact as I have been told by Holly Emanuel I you are so much more a believer in what should have been the meaning of Christ, love compassion and care, with that said, if something is to be Done someone gotta stand up and do it just agreeing with scriptures and reading the bible does not save you neither does having a job and doing good for the community but refusing to participate in lies like , the church and politics and built your own foundation were love and human interests comes before material gain and money has no value compared to the helping of others then we approach the kingdom of heaven .. there is no man in the sky its all right here. God does exists it just a term people use about the feeling of love and if you look at it, this is what sets us apart from the animals. Being able to care for others and not only oneself. I have come to believe that we are all part of God, and together with all life we make up that almighty existence labeled as God if we work together no one person can stop the progress and if we are mislead or tempted we also can destroy ourselves just like it is happening now . ever noticed how many people who view everything through the eye of science and calculations explaining everything as chemical reactions and the following responses, that they tend to be well not so happy looking? And Compare that to the closeness of tribes or older belief systems, were there is unity the people tend to be more care free singing and smiling with out there have to be happening something funny but just always feel good singing waving ect ect.

that said did anyone else notice that the paradox the atheist faces in the community and in the family regarding disbelief is exactly the same a Conspiracy theorist faces when discovering that religion was the first institution of control now its politics and no good promises?

When you speak up people looks at you as if you are crazy some demand evidence but won't bother looking it up themselves instead you are deemed as not being well or confused despite somethings are facts they still label it as theories and everything in society becomes strange and pointless when everyone is talking about that actor ,this singer or this product.. and how free we are ... well compared to other places the western hemisphere is doing pretty good but if you realize its and open prison that does not matter .

I imagine this is what you have felt being in and institutionalized religion
I like wise do not believe in religion but I do see very wise words in the bible and some that I can't understand

peace

[edit on 15-3-2010 by a-being-?]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Hold on there before you get ahead of yourself fella, it's time for some Educational Information:

"In the preceding chapter the ultimate derivation of our own alphabet from the Egyptian hieroglyphics has been assumed as an admitted conclusion of science. In the present chapter the arguments by which scholars have been led to accept this opinion will be stated in detail."

The Alphabet: An Account of the Origin and Development of Letters (1883) by Isaac Taylor"

"The woolly-headed negroes who were the earliest occupants
of Egypt, Colchis, and the torrid zone of Asia, were not necessarily degraded savages, and even those who found their way across the Atlantic to the Isthmus of Darien, and who were discovered there by Nunez in A. D. 1503, may have been descended from merchants and navigators as civilized and enlightened as those who circumnavigated Africa in the reign of Necho II."

-How the world was peopled, 1884 by Edward Fontaine

"In Nubia and Ethiopia, stupendous, numerous and primeval monuments proclaim so loudly a civilization contemporary to, ay, EARLIER than that of Egypt that it may be conjectured WITH THE GREATEST CONFIDENCE THAT THE ARTS, SCIENCES AND RELIGION DESCENDED FROM NUBIA TO THE LOWER COUNRTY OF 'MIZRAIM' (ie. EGYPT); that civilization DESCENDED the Nile..." 
-Historical Researches; African Nations
Arnold Hermann Ludwig Heeren, cited by ***Lady Lugard
pp.220-221 A TROPICAL DEPENDENCY publ.1926

"There are other passages in ancient writers in which the
Egyptians are mentioned as a swarthy people, which might
with equal propriety be applied to a perfect black or to a
brown or dusky Nubian."

-RESEARCHES INTO THE PHYSICAL HISTORY OF MANKIND by JAMES COWLES PRICHARD (1837)

And did you know that:

"The evidence indicates that Blacks in ancient times came to Britian from Spain, Felix Arabia, Egypt, Ethiopia, West Africa, India, Persia and what is today named Denmark. These Negroes were builders, scientists, masters of ocean travel and inventors of letters, according to Higgins, they built Stonehenge, Gerald Massey agrees pg 11 Book of The Beginnings."

Ancient and Modern Britons- MacRitchie pg 2

Congratulations, you now went from This;
To;
and of course, your welcome.

P.S.

The word Slave has it's etymological root in the word 'Slav' in fact..

"The word slave, which enters into the languages of modern Europe, in its original use signified glory, and was proudly assumed as the national designation of the races in the northeastern part of that continent, who were afterwards degraded from the condition of conquerors to that of servitude."

-White slavery in the Barbary states
(1847) by Charles Sumner

Surprised? Don't be, there is also no word for it in African language although there has been times where indentured servitude was instituted but nothing to magnitude of what many blacks in The Western Hemispehre and the Carribbean would face but regardless of the fact let it be known:

"What a subject for meditation, just think that the race of black men today our slaves and the object of our scorn, is the very race to which we owe our arts, science and even the use of our speech."
-Count Constatin de Volney (1727-1820)

[edit on 15-3-2010 by anarcissus]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hmm if you have ever seen Jesus Camp you will know the horrors of religeon truly scary stuff

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
... Wow this thread is laughable. I didn't realize that white slave owners were still alive. Are they immortal?? That must be why they enslaved the blacks; they were forcing them to work the fields and get some kind of herb that grants immortality! I discovered a new conspiracy! White slave owners from the 1700's and 1800's are still alive!!

... Okay sarcasm aside. W T F ? ? ? is up with blacks who still can't let go of hatred and reproach towards white people? It isn't as common as it used to be, but every once in a while, some idiot says something controversial and stirs up racist blacks again. This time it's Christianity. NEWSFLASH!! This just in!! Yes, folks! Christianity is a religion founded by Jewish people and embraced by every culture on the %&$%* planet! We thought it was started by whites to oppress their black slaves, but it turns out, every single race and culture on earth embraces Christianity! Along with every other religion on earth. There is no religion that is accepted by any one race of humans. I can't believe the ignorance of the person who wrote this failed article.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Religion of the white slave masters?

Um, Christianity is a religion of the Middle East.

As far as I know, there isn't a strong Wican community in U.S. black communities, so there are not very many blacks who embrace a White religion.

The real suckers in the black community are the black Muslims. Talk about embracing the religion of your slave masters, What the Arabs did the black slaves they took out of Africa is beyond cruel.

Connect to reality, SLAVERY is deeply ingrained in Middle Eastern culture, and the Islamic religion practiced a form of slavery so cruel to Black Africans is is horrible to think about.

Blacks who embrace Islam are the ones who have really been sold a bill of goods.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Yeah, you are intellectual about your racism, but you are still a racist.

Sorry, but the Britons who built Stonehenge had a very advanced culture that they developed on their own.

When you talk about whites, the people who really are referring to are Anglo/Saxon/Germanic/Scandinavian. These tribes were not traditionally practitioners of slavery, nor did they create societies with strong class or caste division, they did not normally have Kings, who were typically only elected in times of war.

The ancient tribes of Europe (white people) were very much Earth friendly, Earth worshiping, Goddess worshiping, Star worshiping, non-slave owning people who primarily formed Earth friendly democratic communities.

Who pushed the Male orientated, woman oppressing, God worshiping, slave owning, ruling class type societies, and pushed it into Europe through war?

Now that you have been conquered by the people you attempted to conquer, you want to label us as the bad guys.

And from where did you learn your intellectualized racism?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I've never thought of the fact that ancient tribal Europeans were accustomed to a far better society than they ended up adopting. I know my own cultural heritage (Celtic), and know that the ancient Druid inhabitants of Britain were earth loving, tree hugging, nature freaks though. They all have their flaws. Huge, huge unmistakable flaws.
The Druids burned human sacrifices, adults and children alike. The Scandinavians pillaged every village and raped every woman they could (but maybe the women took it willingly from such manly sex beasts as the Vikings?
)

What I'm saying is: every race and every culture has its downfalls and flaws. One of the few exceptions are the peaceful tribes of American Indians like the Cherokee & Navajo. They really had it figured out. Shame we Europeans pretty much just took that life from them.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by anarcissus

best post in this thread..hands down!
I just had to say that.

Remarkable that those willingly acknowledge those accomplishments so long ago. What the hell happened?
. If those guys are European than it explains it all..hehe

[edit on 16-3-2010 by cenpuppie]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

The evidence that the Druids practiced human sacrifice is extremely minute. If the Druids had practiced human sacrifice on the scale that Caesar claimed, then there should be considerable evidence.

They have a body that was found that appears to be a nobleman, to have died willingly in a ritualistic manner, which may be evidence of human sacrifice, but it could also be a nobleman who willingly accepted his death for any number of reason, included crimes. This is there best evidence.

A tale from the Mabinogian tells about a cladron which brings men back to life after they have died on the battle field, which is suggested to might be a reference to human sacrifice, but it would be a major stretch.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

reply to post by poet1b

I am sorry to say that I don't quite follow your post my lord
If you have read all of what I have posted you might see something different ! what makes you say that I am racist ? First of all I have stated that I BELIEVE that the west and Europe stole the knowledge from the African continent as well as the Indian continent , this is my personal opinion based of what I have come to believe . I trust that you have read conspiracies when I read your quote in the bottom, such as the banks, nwo and builder berg group they are exploiting the 3rd world countries today, though as anthropology now have found out that we all came from Africa in the beginning officially that is, which make their world the first world IMO and the west 3rd . as far as I can see they have been doing it for centuries . Anarcissus have posted evidence , that they taught the Europeans and western culture and then later became servants and lost the position of masters, I have also heard that once it was the other way around and the west and Europe were the oppressed so what comes around goes around . Having said that I still believe that the west stole it seeing as how it does business in those parts of the world today. and when I say the west and Europe i am referring to those in charge making all the decisions (the governments, big corporations the world bank and so on. not the people who believe what they are told or simply are unable to do anything significant about it. 2 posts up I have posted links to a speech by Haile Selassie I that encompasses what I believe
is the truth give it a listen and see if you do not also agree
lastly I presume in the way you have formulated your post and the ending that I am picking on the so called white man, again this term I use because
everyone else does as I have stated earlier I do not believe in calling us different things but as It can cause confusion I stick to the terminology.
I also expressed earlier that I had been of the same conviction as Subjective truth stated in previous posts but that I had later been humbled by my new understanding quite simply. Now if you read his post and you understand that I have been of the same mind state as he , what do you think I am then ? I also said that I am no mister know it all and can only express what I have come to believe, history is full of lies and untruth so I can only base my conclusions on what I can see, and have so far read.
When a person makes such a statement as the blacks are incapable of governing themselves I feel I must speak up and present something that shows that that is definitely not the case . People once believed the world was flat until someone proved it different and it was in fact round ... Even that some are still debating today there is a couple of threads , this is not to say I believe it so but simply to show that there are still different opinions just as you now clearly have presented yours. How is that racist again ?
Perhaps you are unaware of what I have shown and what Anarcissus has done even better IMO. Look at my first post (think its on page 22) were Exposing the devil has been bashing the white man I also make an observation there although quite different . here is the audio speech again :media.abovetopsecret.com...
If you won't be bothered reading my posts, I agree fully on what is said and I hope you will listen as well. If you chose to do so tell me again why you think that I am racist ? Looking at your post I wonder what you think that I am besides an intellectual racist ?
thank you for you opinion I am just baffled that I did not expect. All the best my lord and hope you will read and comment again.

[edit on 16-3-2010

[edit on 16-3-2010 by a-being-?]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

The ancient tribes of Europe (white people) were very much Earth friendly, Earth worshiping, Goddess worshiping, Star worshiping, non-slave owning people who primarily formed Earth friendly democratic communities.

Who pushed the Male orientated, woman oppressing, God worshiping, slave owning, ruling class type societies, and pushed it into Europe through war?

Now that you have been conquered by the people you attempted to conquer, you want to label us as the bad guys.

And from where did you learn your intellectualized racism?

well first of I haven't read about the druids yet only heard about them from Michael Tsarion who paints a different picture secondly if what you write is true would you not agree that as the world looks today that do not seem to be the case anymore ?

secondly as far as I can see there seems to be a lot of understanding and tolerance but not from those who call the shots . Also there seems to be many problems fueling the fire caused by racists on both sides and war trauma effecting the second generations and 3rd generations who sought refuge and who grow up in these regions of Europe, not to forget the distrust some seem to have or perhaps just the differences causing said people to be divided , again this picture does not apply to all

If the Scandinavian regions and Europe had such a vivid and balanced outlook as you portray, won't you agree that they are no better when doing exactly what you say they have done, today ?
You ask me about were I learn my intellectual racism , to that I can only answer , from observations, heart and what I have so far managed to read and understood . Life is long , and is a continuing journey If you ask me , one thing is what you read another is what you experience and from a mix of both one form his or hers opinion and outlook . Truth be told thinking about what you write to make it meaningful also helps and being called intellectual is quite flattering, I do think that I am very eloquent in the English language and spell check does help as I have not mastered writing
You say I am just pointing fingers and blaming the one's (my people I presume that you mean) who tried to conquer and instead got conquered, so were do you think I am from ? Hope you will elaborate on this and not just a one liner . Once again I thank you for your contribution btw out of curiosity where are you from my lord I presume somewhere in Europe or Scandinavia
as you said: you try to label us as the bad ones. I would again very much like to hear your answer as to where you think I am from . good day night or what ever it is going to be when you read this

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join