It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neighbour Shy? Uses Cash not Cards? - Government Advert Contact Anti Terrorist Hotline!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
This is pure McCarthyism !! The news and media will strike the fear into you to accuse and watch everyone...

It reminds me of how protective we are now as a society over children...

I've heard a story a friend told me about a mailman that decided to have his lunch at the park.
People called the cops thinking he was a child molester...

We need to stop pointing fingers and look who is pointing the finger...
Who is putting out those ideas that your friend of years is al-queda...
Who is planting the seed...and using scare tactics to sow them...
Who wants control and is against capitolism?? Power to the one,
or power to many??

Do I even have to answer it ?? Look towards government control.

Finally everything is done for you!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
nice catch, OP! Some of you may remember when George W. Bush was running against John Kerry; in the second presidential debate, as I remember, John Kerry accuses Bush of propagating an "Orwellian" Police-State (paraphrasing), afterwards, Bush replies, "Sorry John, I think you lost most of us when you said 'Orwellian.'" Smiling smugly, Bush was blatantly giving the verbal wink to the NWO who know that most citizens are totally unfamiliar with Orwell's, '1984.' For God's sake, most American's have no secondary education (none to blame, College costs way, way too much money). Sheesh, our freshman literary professor in High School required us to do a book report on '1984' (he was later fired due to his espousing of certain Jeffersonian principles of freedom of thought which the District didn't like). In any event, public libraries are taken for granted- just go down to the local library and read the book- it's only about 100 pages.
Years ago when the PATRIOT ACT was passed, I decided to ask my 'manager' if he thought the PATRIOT ACT was reminiscent of Orwell's '1984,' to which he replied, "I think I saw the movie...Isn't that a book about when Communists take control of the world?" He then leans into me, as though I'm being 'let in' on some really big secret, "You know, George Bush and I are Republicans, and we want LESS Government, and Communists want MORE... but in order to be free in America, we have to give up some of your freedoms, and that is what this PATRIOT ACT is about...Fighting Terrorism, Fighting Communism." (War is Peace, Ignorance is Strength, Freedom is Slavery). Big mistake to mistake Communism for Fascism. Yep...there is definitely something wrong in the world when tools like that end up as your f*cking 'manager'... or your President.
In closing, it is not wrong to pay in cash, close your curtains, or to pay no mind to your degenerate, snooping neighbors; most of them take your fresh-baked, house-warming chocolate-chip cookies, that you spent an hour and a half, and $20 to prepare, and throw them in their trash-bin after you leave, as they are afraid of anything not purchased in a sanitized super-market for fear of your gifts being spiked with poison or razorblades. Really, fear of terrorism only allows terrorism to work.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Oh god. Looks like 1984 is coming true.

Report your freinds and family to the mind police, big posters up saying "Big Brother is Watching"....in our case "Secure under watchful eyes"

Am I pesimistic in thinking that we are seeing the final nails in the coffin for civilization here?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Long time member, seldom poster these days, though I read here every day. One member that I starred and flagged at the top of the post hits the nail on the head.

McCarthyism at its finest. Those of you that aren't from the US take a look at our history with communism and the labeling of anyone who spoke against the government as a communist. Free speech went out the window. Rights out the window. Any position you were in, if you spoke against the government you were encouraged to turn in your neighbor. Thank goodness for Hoover that came in and put an end to this. The right to free thinking and speaking must be held strong. it does not make you a terrorist. I would be the first to sign up to wipe out a terrorist threat against my country if needed. It will not sign up for a regular every day countryman voicing his opinion. Thats what makes our country so strong. Differences of opinion. Different thinking brings strength and new ideas. Better mentalities. Shutting people up is the best control mechanism. Unfortunately it isn't the correct option.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

When hearing this advert i have immediately torn the curtains down, celotaped my debit card to the window and i will make sure to use it for every single purchase.

Don't hurt me, don't arrest me, please Mr. Government!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Is this for real???

I knew the PTB were purposely trying to make people paranoid and scared of everyone and everything, but this is so disturbingly overt that i'm in shocked.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klavier
I guess I'm a terrorist.
I don't talk to strangers if I dont feel a reason to do so.
I only pay with cash because 1) I dont like writing my name 2)I dont like showing my ID 3) I dont like being profiled. 4) I can be sure I lose the right amount of money without having to go and check. 5) Cash can be used everywhere. Although, I rarely keep too much cash on me either, just in case I got mugged on the street, the robber wouldn't get almost anything.
I'm such a bad terrorist, I should be locked into gitmo and kept there..right?

I'm probably gonna get flamed for this, but, meh...

1) You don't need to write your name to use a debit card.
2) You don't need ID to use a debit card.
3) I don't know whether people are profiling me from electrical purchases, but I doubt anyone would be that interested in the fact that I spent ~£60 in ASDA last night.
4) The amount of money is displayed clearly on both the till, the card reader and the receipt. That's what bank statements are for. If there is a mistake made, use the receipt and you will get your money back.
5) Cash cannot be used everywhere. Try buying something off the internet with cash and see how far you get. Also I know many services that will only accept direct debit payments, such as my gym membership and mobile phone bill.

Back on topic, I have to say that I don't fit into this persona at all. I have a chaotic social life, do use debit cards, do own a credit card (although very rarely use it, as I prefer to stay within my means), I'm very rarely in my house: there's a whole wonderful world out there to see people,

Having said that, I am still disgusted by this vile intrusion into people's privacy. What the hell does it matter to my neighbours what I'm doing? If I wanna stay in and read a good book or roll back in at 3am drunk as a skunk (and both have been known to happen), it has nothing to do with them. Although I have lived in the same house all my life (inherrited it), so I pretty much know all my neighbours, at least on nodding terms, so I'm pretty sure none of them are going to think I'm a terrorist.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Almost unbeleivable.. almost.. still we know this gov is on the path to wanting to keep us all safe secure and wrapped in cotton wool thinking happy thoughts of nothing..

This will ony cause a backlash, in my neck of the woods the destruction of public technology has increased 10 fold.. Over 50 pieces of public tech wrecked in the first 6 weeks of this year..

The response from Gov is to now label those people Terrorists..
While local response is to label them urban Guerillas.

This change in lanquage is worrying, as it seems if do anything the Gov dislikes you will be labeled a terrorist!, but on the other side of this, an equal and opposite reaction is coming into play with the use of words like urban Guerillas.

Who knows where we are heading, but I don't think people are so afriad of the Gov that they are going to bend over for them.. a snapping point will arrive, I just hope the resolution ends up being amicable.

[edit on 11/3/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

I was concerned about how long that media would last on an outside sever with lots of hits etc, and nature of it so:

Ive uploaded the conversation to ATS Media.

It can now be found on the Link on the opening post.

And Here:

Dampknickers Phone Call to the Anti Terrorist Hotline

For a few members who doubted this is true, there is also the source on opening Post of thread, which was not Youtube.

I must say unusually for ATS there seems to be 100% the same responce from all the members here, unlike all other issues here that usually call in debate and supporters and detractors, Everyone sees this for what it is and is concerned, and suprised by the Advert & Flyers.

This I think is an very good indication of the dangers of this, and where it is leading to.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

You know i used to be really into home chemistry (completely legal stuff!) but after the terrorist attacks and the ramping up of paranoia i disposed of all the chemicals i had, i sold all of my glassware (very expensive stuff) and everything else i had to do with chemistry.

The simple fact is that while what i was doing was legal, the chemicals could have been used for nefarious activities and lets face it, a defense of "hey i'm a hobbyist" would probably mean i land in a nice dark cell somewhere for the next 2 years. Because they just wouldn't believe someone would do chemistry for a hobby.

Yay for freedom!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf

I was concerned about how long that media would last on an outside sever with lots of hits etc, and nature of it so:

Ive uploaded the conversation to ATS Media.

It can now be found on the Link on the opening post.

And Here:

Dampknickers Phone Call to the Anti Terrorist Hotline

For a few members who doubted this is true, there is also the source on opening Post of thread, which was not Youtube.

I must say unusually for ATS there seems to be 100% the same responce from all the members here, unlike all other issues here that usually call in debate and supporters and detractors, Everyone sees this for what it is and is concerned, and suprised by the Advert & Flyers.

This I think is an very good indication of the dangers of this, and where it is leading to.

Kind Regards,

Elf

hi..i get an invalid URL warning..odd

[edit on 11-3-2010 by alienesque]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Just Tried the original link front of OP

Link in my post above

Link in your quote of my post

All 3 are working for me?

Go to ATS Media and do a search by name without Damp Knickers in it or look at my profile here:

Elf's ATS Media Profile

And look in my media.

If that does not work I think its something on your end.

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

The simple fact is that while what i was doing was legal, the chemicals could have been used for nefarious activities and lets face it, a defense of "hey i'm a hobbyist" would probably mean i land in a nice dark cell somewhere for the next 2 years. Because they just wouldn't believe someone would do chemistry for a hobby.

This got me to thinking.

Most of the advances within Human Science have been done by very some very "Eccentric" characters, with all sorts of strange behaviour, closed curtains, exploding sheds etc.....

If this was in place worldwide in modern human history I doubt we would even have Light Bulbs today...

You are so right, and its very troubling.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
This got me to thinking.

Most of the advances within Human Science have been done by very some very "Eccentric" characters, with all sorts of strange behaviour, closed curtains, exploding sheds etc.....

If this was in place worldwide in modern human history I doubt we would even have Light Bulbs today...

You are so right, and its very troubling.

I had never really thought of that and of course you are correct. How about this one, anyone who keeps fish will very likely have a packet of potassium permanganate around. It's a powerful oxidiser and mixed with any fuel it becomes highly volatile, even explosive. If the same person has a bag of charcoal around then technically they have all of the materials required for a bomb.

This is where discretion comes into things, and sadly when it comes to terrorism the police rest very firmly on the side of gulity until proven innocent.

One mans fish lover is another mans terrorist.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

ok..thanks..still not working..

is there no other way to listen....id love to hear that call..

thanks

[edit on 11-3-2010 by alienesque]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque

ok..thanks..still not working..

is there no other way to listen....id love to hear that call..

Mmm Sorry dont know, maybe contact Dampknickers for original file and ask him to email it to you.

Have a look at your security settings, try a differant PC maybe Internet Cafe... If you are trying in work or university may be blocked.

reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

OMG so if you keep fish,

Have closed curtains,

Use Cash

And like barbeques, well thats it your Nicked my son lol.

crazy eh.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Check your Active X settings in your security settings, it may be disabled, Check at the top of your screen (if using IE) if there is a yellow bar, click on it and allow the ActiveX control to work.

Other than that, not a clue, maybe download an alternative browser?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo

Check your Active X settings in your security settings, it may be disabled, Check at the top of your screen (if using IE) if there is a yellow bar, click on it and allow the ActiveX control to work.

Other than that, not a clue, maybe download an alternative browser?

thanks...im on mac using safari...

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Well that's screwed things up. I know bugger all about Macs!

Which is something I'm quite proud of to be fair

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo

Well that's screwed things up. I know bugger all about Macs!

Which is something I'm quite proud of to be fair

thanks anyway

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
OK there is something that I do not understand here.

A) I had no idea that so many ATS members were such recluses.

B) How the hell can some of these people not have cards? The OP, I believe, mentioned credit and debit cards. In the UK you cannot be employed legally in a standard job unless you have a bank account and thus a debit card.

So how the hell are most people replying claiming that they pay cash for everything! You must have a debit card in which to get that cash, no?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join