It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neighbour Shy? Uses Cash not Cards? - Government Advert Contact Anti Terrorist Hotline!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

I would absolutely love to hear this, I was thinking of calling them and reporting myself just to see what happens, lol. I could use a good laugh.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Is this really govt. advice???

Bloody hell.... if you leave your curtains drawn then you're a potential terrorist, what a joke!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I guess this means my grandparents are potential terrorists. They don't go outside except to mow the lawn, which is done right at dusk. They keep their curtains drawn as to keep the glare off the TV they watch all day long. They pay cash for EVERYTHING, I wouldn't doubt it if they had 20 grand sitting in their attic. They are also Holocaust survivors and like to keep to themselves.

Does this mean all old folk who can't get around are about to nuke the world?

Grab your guns and ammo! Time to take out your grandparents!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Link fixed. I really did call them... Give the sound a few seconds, because I'm dialing their number, and then the conversation kicks in.

I did it totally off the cuff just after I heard the youtube link, about twenty mins ago now. So, I'm not as sharp as I could have been, but you get the idea.

Enjoy.

What we really need are more people doing the same. Then the message will get through.

Edit just to add: I can't get the file to upload to ATS media... The buttons that should allow me to select the file, are greyed out. I'm up-to-date with Java, Flash, Browser, and all other associated software, and it still isn't letting me upload to the site.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by dampnickers]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dank513

I would absolutely love to hear this, I was thinking of calling them and reporting myself just to see what happens, lol. I could use a good laugh.

give them a call anyway!

Let them know that you aren't happy. Or, as you said, report yourself!!! Make them think....

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Nicely done sir! He didn't know what to say at all, lol.
We definatly need to flood this hotline with nonsense, even if it doesnt change anything, just the fact that the majority of their calls would be complaints or prank calls would at least make them miserable at their job.

Again I say, nicely done sir! stars for you

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
...wtf...

someone slap the creator of that advert...I mean, the $#@%....

ok, real suspicious activitys to report:
your neighbor burying bodybag sized trash in the backyard at midnight...sure, some concern there.

Your neighbor purchasing a ton of fertilizer and various other bomb making material while grumbling about how he will "show them"...sure, might want to keep an eye on him

but...drawing the shades...really? hell, I would be a freaking red flag beacon if thats all it takes...I am wondering if this is almost a joke ad.

Does your neighbor look down alot...does he keep his hands in his pockets? does he let his lawn grow longer than 1/2 inch? OMG! Terrorist!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Guilt produces passivity, and makes man programmed for defeat. The importance of this for totalitarianism cannot be overemphasized. If a whole society can be made to feel guilty, it will be unable to withstand an enslaving state: it is ripe for conquest. This has long been recognized as the most successful method of rendering men passive and pliable, incapable of resistance to statist domination and control. As guilt produces impotence, it also leads people to call for more and more controls from the state. The passive population is not only malleable, yielding, submissive; it positively welcomes state intervention. The guilty, unable to solve life's problems, will be saved by the state.

-- David Chilton-

By "Stealthy Encroachment", don't see why people are suprised, the Elite are sinking fast!!!

Can't wait!!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dank513

You are bang on! If lots and lots of us called up, and reported ourselves, or even just complained, it would give the call centre staff something to think about.

This poor guy is proably sitting on his own, waiting for something to come in. I was probably the only call he's had all night.

I actually feel sorry for him, because he's fallen for the lie that is "terrorism" just like so many of his colleagues... It's a pity, but we need to educate them.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Lmao, I wouldn't doubt it at all if you were the only call the whole night.
The only people I really see actually using this hotline are those old widows with nothing to do but spy on their neighbors and call the police for every little thing that goes on. I have this neighbor that called the police when I was cleaning the gutters, saying I was on my roof drunk and getting high. Lmfao, I can't wait for them to show up with suspicions of WMD's under my mattress.

Oh what a world we live in!

Comedy, comedy, comedy.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Originally posted by john124

Is this really govt. advice???

Bloody hell.... if you leave your curtains drawn then you're a potential terrorist, what a joke!

It certainly is a government made and paid for advert on the most popular sports channells radio in the UK!

Originally posted by dampnickers

Link fixed. I really did call them... Give the sound a few seconds, because I'm dialing their number, and then the conversation kicks in.

You are awesome well done.

Ive uploaded it now to ATS media if thats ok, and put a link in the opneing post of the thread under the original advert.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This is like that movie "V for Vendetta." I'm shocked that the UK is following the US and moving towards a complete Big Brother state. The current Prime Minister being no more different than the previous one, I don't see how the situation can improve in the near term.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Venetian

The UK isn't following the US... it's leading the way.

The UK has just under 1% of the world's population, but over 25% of the world's CCTV cameras!!!!! That's 12 cameras for ever man, woman and child in the UK.

There used to be a time when spying on someone with a camera got you a label. That label was "pervert"... not any more, now that label is "safety and security".

Go figure!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
I am simply stunned by this advert:

[edit on 10-3-2010 by MischeviousElf]

'Stunned' is the perfect word to describe my feeling after watching/hearing this 'ad'?

That description is a whole lot of people!

People are paying credit cards down and getting rid of them. Why? Because you can't trust some of the banks anymore after the market crash. Are they 'terrorists'?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Perfectly fine with me. Let's get the word out that we should all be calling this line, and giving them lots of information on "terrorists".

Actually I might call them again in the morning, to report myself properly.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

off-topic, i'm diggin your background... I tried getting this picture to work but even when i scaled it down it wouldn't fit correctly.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet

greeeeeeeat

i guess thats me *snip*

lmao, i keep my curtains closed, i live on a bus route, i as i hate banks, and i dont speak to anyone i dont know as i dont like to .. .but im no freekin terrorist! .. just a slightly introverted geek!

poor call ... uk's getting more totaliarian by the day!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by GAOTU789]

Agreed, that's me to a tee, with the exception of the bus route, I don't do public transportation. I guess they should lock us both up, hopefully we can share a cell and be quiet geeks together.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Wow... the world is becoming one giant police state. And now every citizen is welcome to join in on the fun!

I'm surprised they didn't offer some sort of reward at the end of the ad, something like "Snitch on your neighbor, receive fifty grand!"

This is complete BS. People already get in trouble for random anonymous phone calls, and now people can get thrown into some horrible $hit hole with no trial because some neighbor decides that their neighbors shades being down all the time is shady... how ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0t0
That's an absurd advert. And, it pretty well sums up me, and many other people I happen to know. Wanting to know more I headed over to the Anti-Terrorism hotline site www.met.police.uk... where I found further 'suspicious' activity listed, including:

* Van

* Mobile phone

* Camera

* Credit card

* Computer

* Suitcase

* Padloc

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Pr0t0]

OK now I am dead serious here. Is there anyone I mean ANYONE that isn't qualified to be considered suspicious in terrorist activity by this list of items? Who do you know that does not own or use at least one of these things? Anyone? Just seams like now there is an even more justifiable, in their eyes, way of coming and knocking at your door.

Luckily this doesn't seam have much momentum but what could this lead to?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Grr...
Wrote this up earlier but didn't have time to post it.
Doing it now anyway even though its been addressed.

------

Oh dear wow... how indeed was this one revived.

How indeed…

The important thing to bear in mind with this particular fad is that the posters in question were introduced in.... (DUM DUM DAUUUMMMM!!!)

So...

Nothing to worry about citizen.

Fear not, No need to worry. Calm down.
Lest ye in your most frightened of states become confused by the implicit combination.

Don’t worry.

Whereas the original posters presented a multiplicity of symptoms(1) and thus implied that ALL of those factors must be present to indicate a possible terrorist bent upon your own personal destruction(2) leading to a confused and worried state of mind from our most innocent of civilians(3).
We(4) have searched deep within our hearts and seen fit to provide you with a clearer guide to the things you should look for when concerned for the safety(5) of the your neighbours.

As such I(7) am proud to present to you the all new poster campaign.

Each helpfully illustrating the INDIVIDUAL THINGS YOU SHOULD SEE AS A GOOD REASON TO REPORT SOMEONE (TO SMERSH) FOR!

1. Cameras!!!
2. Houses!!!
3. Mobile Phones! I kid ye not!
4. Delivery Guys!
5. Chemistry.
6. Passports.
7. Credit Cards.
8. Computers...(8)
9. Suitcases. (9)(even worse when seen with passports presumably)
10. Locks. (10)

(1) ya know, curtains and cash... with a distinct unwillingness to chat amicably with the strangers looking though their windows.
(2) because of your freedom to report anyone you don’t like to the benefactors.
(3) Morons
(4) 'The Benefactors'
(5) Be afraid of.
(6) the state.
(7) who cannot be named for reasons am not telling you about
(8) lol.
(9) even worse when seen with passports presumably.
(10) Cos Privacy is bad, mkay?

This announcement was brought to you by the ministry of truth.
We think so you don't have to.

*P.s. We have always been at war with Eastasia.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join