It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed this morning: 24th MARCH 2010 IS DOOMSDAY

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
reply to post by aristocrat2

i have taken a light hearted view of this thread due to ignorance of the issue but that does sound bad, apart from there would be no police of course as i hate the corrupt scum, that really happened? a state lost all its cash and it all went to hell?

scary.

HIGHLAND PARK
It was not a state, but a municipality called Highland Park within the Detroit area, although Detroit stepped in very quickly to take it over.

FRANCE
This is, however, what happened to the Kingdom of France in July 1789.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Since the time Humans were a single cell our survival and immortality was based on the correct responce to dangers, real and imagined.

"Hey Joe, you think there is a lion in the tall grass?"

Our modern world has mowed down a great deal of the grass but our minds still crave the fear because it has kept us alive. Many forces in the world are sending us the signals to "fight or flight" and people want to know what to do. Will we be able to overcome our very natures before we fear ourselves into disasterous action?

Threads with the label "Doomsday" would seem to say we have a long way to go.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Soon the doors will be closing, and not be reopened.
Buying gold will only increase the vaue of more valueless paper,but it would be wise to have ALL things that have value.
The (system) depends on the cooperation of others to succeed,
as more people lose jobs ,those rely on the (system) to support them. When this reaches below the lowest level ,(without increased external financial support ) then it will collapse.

Is this true in my area? look around you.
In my street, is there many cars parked outside the houses during the day?(normally cars take people to work, unless nightworker)
Are there many shops closed down?
Is there more local crime?
Are you getting LESS for your money?
If things get worse ,they normally deteriate slowly, unless you work in an area whereas most work in the local large factory, then it is more rapid.
During WW1 and 2 it would have been very difficult times for all, but everyone was involved in work.
Its not the same now.
is doom and gloom speculation? ,
there is NOT enough food to feed everyone,
for over a billion people,YES it is doom and gloom.
who,s next?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

sorry for the state remark you have to remember United Kingdom can be driven end to end in a day so were small unlike USA, Detroit may be as big as UK i dont no?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

My argument is that a catastrophe in the UK, due to the current political situation, could well spread to the US and the rest of the world swiftly. WIth the exception of almost just Canada, the world is awash with Sovereign debt. Likewise, the banking system is seriously bust apart from again the Canadians and the Lebanese.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Holy crappoly, I cannot keep up with this thread. It is getting replied to too fast. I think this is a great thread. Love all the people dismissing it as BS. Maybe the UK markets will crash, maybe not but this budget is critical. It will not happen overnight but the decisions made here will matter a lot over the next few months. Other countries have a high chance of being affected if the UK market goes down.

Just remember folks, you can always sell your valuables to: CASH FOR GOLD!!!.COM

or GOLD4CASH.COM

or GOLDBUYERSDIRECT.COM

or JEWELLRYDIRECT.COM

ETC,ETC.ETC

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Thank you so much for the kind comments. I really do mean that. Thank you.

In terms of speed of reaction, I do beg to differ. I used to hope that Jack Straw was the last straw, but I fear that this budget will be it. For the Fitch rating agency to issue a warning on the rating of UK Bonds a week before the budget is a clear warning of how bad things are getting.

I beieve that it will be "all over" by early April with banks, insurance companies and pension funds collapsing like ninepins.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
First off nothing is going to happen on the date you predict except business as usual.

And Detroit, I have lived here all my life, and murder is a way of life in Detroit and has been since the riots of 1967. Sadly people are used to it.

Most every city in Michigan is broke, but it's all just paper debt.

Money is a faith based system and when people people decide it's worthless then things will change, but the majority will have to agree.

People are running around saying it's worthless, but the fact remains you have to get paid for you time somehow, so unless your sitting on your arse doing nothing and collecting welfare, some type of exchange system is necessary.

To many people are waiting for the sky to fall and rich people to lose everything, the people that will really suffer are the children. The rich have already lined their collective nest.

Originally posted by aristocrat2

it already did in Highland Park. A small separate city within Detroit area, they became so broke recently, that they had to sack all remaining employees, including fire dept and Police. Anyone was able just to murder you in the street and stroll away. As a last resort, Detroit itself, despite being seriously in a bad way, had to mount a take over of Highland Park.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Wasn't there an "all out war will begin in February" thread that failed hard? Shouldn't that have been the last "specific date of doom" thread? Why didn't anyone learn anything from that?

Even people like Celente don't try to set specific dates for catastrophe.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow

Wasn't there an "all out war will begin in February" thread that failed hard? Shouldn't that have been the last "specific date of doom" thread? Why didn't anyone learn anything from that?

Even people like Celente don't try to set specific dates for catastrophe.

Nothing to do with me, BUT I would say that this is associated with a SPECIFIC event, not some generalised observation of the way things are heading.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Aristocrat,

For disclosure, are you short, long, or in cash right now? And how do you plan on profiting from this collapse? No doubt if we break through 1150 here on the SP500 that should even spook you quite a bit, right?

I assume if you know this is going to happen they will pump the market up and profit from shorting at its peak, correct? That would be the most efficient way of profiting at least right after everyone covered their short positions?

Do you really have anything but a SIM account? Be serious.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

well aristocrat2, like i said i only opted in here for a light hearted look and the odd joke (to most but me it's no joke) and a little education on the subject but its to complicated for me, i would only say print more cash and get burned.

i was not trying to derail the thread, you seem to be well educated on the subject and i now agree! yes it could be bad.

what then? survival of the fittest? people knock the way that the Jews and Pakistanis live, you no all helping one another out in time of need then they repay the debt and it goes on and on till they have a great community to call on if in need.

this is where i think we English white folk go wrong, we all keep our selves to our selves and watch as the poor neighbour gets evicted yet they could be us. see what i am trying to say?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This is quite the read.

Thanks for this information man.

Lots of haters, but who are they? This could all happen tomorrow, who knows.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I dont know if this has anything to do with the 24th thingy, but, there seems to be big things going on, on the 31st of March in the USA. Things to do with a crash....

Anyone hear about this??

www.dailypaul.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
www.guardiansofthefreerepublics.com...

Here is an interesting site, they are supposedly hooked up with the Oath Keepers also.

Here is the part about March 31st.

www.gotfr.com...

[edit on 10-3-2010 by dnvrliz]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
Aristocrat,

For disclosure, are you short, long, or in cash right now? And how do you plan on profiting from this collapse? No doubt if we break through 1150 here on the SP500 that should even spook you quite a bit, right?

I assume if you know this is going to happen they will pump the market up and profit from shorting at its peak, correct? That would be the most efficient way of profiting at least right after everyone covered their short positions?

Do you really have anything but a SIM account? Be serious.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by GreenBicMan]

In 1984, I guessed that electronic stocks would fall, although I was not expecting the mini-crash that took place. Why? I went for a number of job nterviews as someone fresh out of University with a degree in economics and computing. Various employers excitedly told me how computers were the whole way of the future. At one interview, one employer said that computerization would go ever faster and that computer stocks would go on rising forever. I did not accept this and he said, maybe in 100 years it might stop, again which I disagreed. He said I was an idiot and chose someone else. In 1985, there was a violent shake out in the electronic stocks.

I accurately forecast the collapse in 1987 almost to the day. There was one big fat reason why I knew it would collapse. In 1985, I had worked at GW Joynsons, a commodity brokerage in central London. At one point a discussion got onto the question of the stock market. I asked about if there was a crash in the stock market. I was laughed at. I was told that it was now far too stable and that the institutions "would never let it happen". In another discussion, I heard of some violent swings in the Tin Market. My boss said that I was an idiot, that Tin was the strongest of all post-war commodity agreements and terminated my employment, but, just to rub it in, she had me work out my notice. On the day I left, the market plummeted from $14,000 or so a ton to $3,500 or so.

In 1987, the company that I worked for found that it was making more money off its incrementing office complex's real estate value than off its trading in wallcoverings. I Suggested to my boss that he should consider selling the building, leasing it back. He laughed at me and said "Property in London will never go down, at worst, it will just flatten out for a month or two". In 1989-90, London property prices fell by over 30%.

In the year 2000, I notices internet stocks soaring. I concluded that this was the result of a shortage in the programming market for work on the Y2K issue. People tol me that was non-sense and that the internet stocks would rise for ever.
You always know when something is going to happen - its when the popular view is that it can't happen.

The crash of 2008 has been and gone and recovery is here and people say a new stock market crash cannot occur, in part as "they won't let it happen". And that the UK and USA cannot default on their debts.

Draw your own conclusions.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Hi

Could you just point me to the source/quote where Alistair Darling confirms that March 24th 2010 is doomsday.....I don't mean the ones where he confirms that 24th March will be budget day ,I mean the ones where he says it will be doomsday

Thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Are you trying to be another Ron Weinland because he's a bad example to follow seeing as he has always got it wrong 100% of the time so far. Apparently God keeps changing his mind according to Ron.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
What should I do with my money?

Buy firearms, ammo, and survival gear.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Again? What happened on last DOOMSDAY? What exactly do you do to celebrate that? I hope my St. Paddy's hangover is long over by then. Oh, I forgot! Isn't the Yellowstone caldera blowing on March 16th? Silly me. Like there'll be a St. Pat's this year.

All seriousness aside, this is a nearly weekly event on ATS. Let's start a pool. Everybody pick a day of the year for the final economic crash, NWO takeover, end of times, second coming, UFO unveiling, release of Avatar on DVD, just pick your horror filled scenario.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join