It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed this morning: 24th MARCH 2010 IS DOOMSDAY

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
See in the UK it is so easy to live a comfortable life with no job, we have the best welfare carry on in the world! free money for not doing a thing free flat/house to sit and watch TV all day if you wish.

some go even further, go on the sick with that oh so hard to pinpoint back pain and get a free car, 300 quid a week the list is endless.

no wonder every tom dick and harriet are taking the Micky out of the system, its so easy. free medical care dental care etc.

as for the EU i myself no nothing about anything to do with this thread.not a thing! i thought money grew on tree's? but as we are an island cant we opt out of the EU and just look after ourselves?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Ho Hum,
It must be getting near a general election. Anyway even economic crisis' have their good points, the quality of home produced goods from Britain, the US, France, Italy and Germany have improved immensely since the 2008 crisis.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tru_blu_dude
There's nothing wrong with the Dollar collapsing. If anything it will help our cause! We're going to have to basically start from scratch, because we've screwed up so bad. There isn't enough money to pay off any debts, so we'll have to erase them, and if we erase them, we can start new! Too bad it had to get this intense before we could make a change.. But I just think it's all part of a new beginning.

You are sooo funny, insanely so. And all those stars for your thoughts. I guess you all own absolutely nothing and buy absolutely nothing because this is the only reason you could sanely hold this view. Altho you do imply the dollar crashing will "erase" debts.
Deny ignorance.
What makes you think the dollar crashing will "erase all debts"????
YOU will still owe the debt.
Are you wishing for econmic devastation in the hope you can get some freebies and handouts? Like debt forgiveness? Dreamin' my friend.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by pumpkinorange]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Predictions I made in the last few months have stated, on the whole, that economic collapse will occur in the near future.

About a month ago, I suggested a collapse in about 60 days.

Now I put a date on it.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

yes it is very easy living on 50 pounds a week. with this i can either:

drink it away.

or buy food.

those are most single peoples options. (im not on jobseekers. just adding some perspective)

[edit on 10-3-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by aristocrat2

you mean budget day right?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
See in the UK it is so easy to live a comfortable life with no job, we have the best welfare carry on in the world! free money for not doing a thing free flat/house to sit and watch TV all day if you wish.

some go even further, go on the sick with that oh so hard to pinpoint back pain and get a free car, 300 quid a week the list is endless.

no wonder every tom dick and harriet are taking the Micky out of the system, its so easy. free medical care dental care etc.

as for the EU i myself no nothing about anything to do with this thread.not a thing! i thought money grew on tree's? but as we are an island cant we opt out of the EU and just look after ourselves?

If the country does go bang, and is unable to pay its interest, there will be...

- No more pensions
- No more jobseekers allowance
- No more banks
- No more NHS
- No grants to local councils, so...

.....No more schools
.....No more public transport
.....No more Police
.....No more fire dept

If you don't think that would happen, consider, it already did in Highland Park. A small separate city within Detroit area, they became so broke recently, that they had to sack all remaining employees, including fire dept and Police. Anyone was able just to murder you in the street and stroll away. As a last resort, Detroit itself, despite being seriously in a bad way, had to mount a take over of Highland Park.

There will be no money left.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
uh, the world won't end because the stock market crashes.

it didn't end from the depression either and it didn't end from world war 2 or 1 or any number of other conflicts, disease pandemics etc etc.

stock market failures do not count as doomsdays. just losses for investors and big spills of red ink from companies that probably weren't solvent to begin with.

who you trying to kid with your doomsday shenanigans. lol

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hans kammler

you mean budget day right?

You bet!

Moment Alistair Darling stands up, he will set in motion the biggest crash in history and the markets will begin to crack in minutes. Within days, the Dow, FTSE etc will be down about 50%.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by aristocrat2

Predictions I made in the last few months have stated, on the whole, that economic collapse will occur in the near future.

About a month ago, I suggested a collapse in about 60 days.

Now I put a date on it.

Yeah, like the 9th of November, 2009?

Check this thread by the OP:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then go to the comments after the date pased, uneventful, of course. Me thinks the OP has far too much time on his hands.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Numerology is utter bunk, but if someone else is stupid enough to use it then their behaviour becomes predictable.

The 7th July 2005 terrorist attacks took place on 7/7 of 2005 (2+0+0+5=7).

The G8 were conveniently on hand to condemn it and move their discussions onto the question of anti-terrorist security.

On 7th November 2009, for one week, the G20 will meet in St. Andrews in Scotland. Both the Queen and Gordon Brown as well as Obama will be their, well away from London and the USA.

Furthermore, Prince Charles, heir to the throne is safely in Canada for the next few days.

Now consider 9th November 2009... It is 11/9, the reverse of 9/11 and of the 09. Furthermore, 2+0+0+9=11. It is also 2983 days (including the days at each end) since 9/11. 2+9=11. 8+3=11

Furthermore, it is just 2 days before Remembrance Day, when we honour the fallen in battle.

If the NWO wants to usher in a World Government, then a terrorist incident in London wold be just the ticket on 9th November 2009

Mod Edit: Removed all caps title.

[edit on 11/6/2009 by AshleyD]

Too good indeed

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus

it didn't end from the depression either and it didn't end from world war 2 or 1 or any number of other conflicts, disease pandemics etc etc.

stock market failures do not count as doomsdays. just losses for investors and big spills of red ink from companies that probably weren't solvent to begin with.

Exactly right! Apples will still grow on trees and cows will still give milk. But, if you live in a welfare state, like the OP, you might actually have to go out and get a job...oh, my god, say it ain't so!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

24th March 2010 - Start of a massive worldwide Stock and Bond market crash worldwide.
After this, everyone will KNOW that they recovery is over. And with the markets in shreds, raising new sovereign debt to service the old will become impossible. And the US as well as the UK, Greece etc will be unable to service their debts any more.

EXPLANATION

Why is everyone so narrow-minded as to think that the trigger for the collapse of the US and world economy will come from within the USA? On the principle of "the market always discounts", an accident comes from where you DO NOT EXPECT IT.

In 1987, the first stock market to crash was the London, falling 12% in one morning.

Consider:-

- In 15 months or so, Gordo Brown has more than doubled the UK national debt.
- Inflation has taken off
- Recovery growth figures are really weak and wishy-washy
- The Trade gap has widened into a crevasse as Brown's stimulus benefits only the Chinese economy at the UK taxpayers cost - reported two days ago.
- Retail sales have suffered one of their worst ever slumps in the first couple of months - reported a couple of days ago.
- Brown is absolutely refusing to perform ANY spending cuts
- The Fitch Credit Rating Agency has warned that the UK is about to be downgraded from AAA to AA
- There has been a persistent run on sterling in the last few days and UK bonds have been falling sharply

To secure re-election, Gordo Brown is almost certain to have a "giveaway budget.. This will clearly be the last straw and trigger a panic as a debt downgrade will be feared..

This economically lethal cocktail will be presented on the afternoon of 24th March 2010, the equivalent to about 10am to Noon.

I don't think 'denying ignorance' would apply to claiming far-fetched and ill-informed theories are "confirmed." In fact, I think that is the definition of ignorance. As you were.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

i work too but you get where im coming from, and yes how true! so many choose to spend there NOT HARD ERNED CASH on booze!

HEY MR BOB i thought you said you were not going to post till the date had past

[edit on 10/3/2010 by stealthyaroura]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by djusdjus

Exactly right! Apples will still grow on trees and cows will still give milk. But, if you live in a welfare state, like the OP, you might actually have to go out and get a job...oh, my god, say it ain't so!!!

IT AIN'T SO. I am a director of a company that I own involved in property development and also a screenwriter. Last time I collected benefit was in 1984 and then only under pressure form my parents.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Why is everyone so narrow-minded as to think that the trigger for the collapse of the US and world economy will come from within the USA? On the principle of "the market always discounts", an accident comes from where you DO NOT EXPECT IT.

In 1987, the first stock market to crash was the London, falling 12% in one morning.

Not to rob the UK of a rather dubious honor , but the October 19, 1987 crash began in the Asian markets..spread across Europe..then to the US (Asia opens well ahead of London...London well ahead of the US).

Ultimately Hong Kong suffered the largest declines...over 45%.

However one could reasonably argue that the "crash" began in the US the previous week. The US indices posted record losses over the 3 day period beginning Wed Oct 14..ending with a major decline on Fri Oct 16 , the day Iran launched missiles at a US flagged oil tanker in the Persian Gulf.

Tensions mounted over the weekend.

On Monday morning Oct 19 aka: Black Monday , the US retaliated with strikes against Iranian oil infrastructure. Global markets responded with panic selling...exacerbated by program trading in the US.

There existed multiple economic/market pressures that contributed to Black Monday...Persian Gulf geopolitical events were simply a catalyst.

24th March 2010 - Start of a massive worldwide Stock and Bond market.

This economically lethal cocktail will be presented on the afternoon of 24th March 2010, the equivalent to about 10am to Noon.

Announced this morning.

Traders react to market-moving news immediately...if not sooner. Strange , I'm not seeing the fear premium in today's market activity...only in this thread.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by OBE1]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Not trying to completely detract from the subject but just as bad as the fear mongering and doomsday predictors, are the personal attacks and name calling directed towards this and other OP's on ATS. If people are not able to be sceptics without shouting personal insults and kindergarten name calling, then said sceptics are even more uncredible then the supposed fear mongers and doomsday advocates.

A person can disagree without being personally insulting and regressing to kindergarten name calling!

Or maybe not, Shame, shame Shame!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

i have taken a light hearted view of this thread due to ignorance of the issue but that does sound bad, apart from there would be no police of course as i hate the corrupt scum, that really happened? a state lost all its cash and it all went to hell?

scary.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

We are 14 or so days from 24th October 2010.

Count back 14 days prior to 19th October 1987 and you have 4th October 1987 when everyone was happy and jolly and the sun shone in the sky.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'm not holding my breath.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join