It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed this morning: 24th MARCH 2010 IS DOOMSDAY

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by aristocrat2

I know the budget announcement will be made to the English Parliament on the 24th March. I heard the news earlier this afternoon.

I think he's about to go to the country, this budget will have to wait until after the general election.

That's my prediction. It's every bit as valid as yours.

I mean, any Tom, Dick or Harry could predict a giveaway budget (won't happen), immediately followed by an adverse market reaction ... that's all you've done, really, so don't kid yourself.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Your focusing on those debunkers, yet not engaging with those who see the 24th as the tipping point..

This could be a really good discussion considering how nasty the PMQT got today in Parliment.. Cameron even claimed the Tories won the cold war..

I can see this is going to be a nasty election, which WILL have adverse affects...

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I watched Clockwork Orange a few months ago. More recently I've been reading some economic history, as well as the utopian visions of early 19th century reformers. From these two vantage points I've come to the conclusion that the whole genre of "dystopia" is really about lowered expectations. Modern Western man after the Great Divergence actually lives in what would be a utopia to anyone in the 19th century; after all obesity related illnesses are a major problem for the underclasses in Western societies! Future dystopias in reality simply resemble the social structure and quality of life expectations which were the norm throughout human history, and are the norm across broad swaths of the contemporary world.

I think this applies far beyond dystopian fiction - the same thing is true of many visions and predictions of doom, whether fears that the European Union is creating a Brezhnevian (if not Stalinist) authoritarian government, or prophecies of collapse into violent anarchy. A lot of these terrible things being predicted are nothing more than a return to the past. Even environmental devastation is often nothing more than a fear of returning to the dirtier past - Eastern Europe is a hell of a lot cleaner than it used to be several decades ago when we had more progressive governments.

There are two possible explanations here - one is that we prophesy a return to an unpleasant past because we're not that good at imagining new and different disasters. I'm not sure about that one, as many prophecies of unfamiliar doom from ozone holes to nuclear war have been very popular. I don't think we fear returning to the specific ways in which the past was crappy, but to the crappiness of the past in a very generic sense.

I think there's reason why we fear it - prior to the Great Divergence we were all living in the Malthusian trap, where any improvement in living conditions was temporary as it would allow population growth which would quickly and inevitably catch up with the improved availability of resources, bringing living conditions back to subsistence levels. When times were good and people well-fed and happy, no matter whether because of improved methods of agriculture or because a large chunk of the previous generation died in a plague, they couldn't remain good for long.

We spent thousands of years evolving in a setting where those good times were temporary and doomed. It makes sense that we evolved the instinct to prepare ourselves and our offspring for the inevitable return to crappiness. It's really only been for few generations, even in the most developed countries, that we've been able to live at above-subsistence levels for a significant amount of time. No wonder that our instincts lead us to expect it cannot last, and why the idea of a doomed future is so emotionally appealing.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by stmichael
If investors withdraw their cash from stocks and shares, where can it go?

There would be a "flight to quality" as always happens in a crash. Traditionally this is into Government stock, but that might be more dubious now.

In the first instance it would flow into...

- Canadian Debt
- Canadian Dollars
- Gold
- Oil

In the longer run, there was an excellent study done by the Investor's Bulletin, a Financial Times sister paper on this matter. They found that after every crash there is a massive real estate boom for 9 months or so followed by a crash in that as the cash comes from stocks and into land and property creating a second bubble with the same people who just panicked and who will do so again.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by aristocrat2

Originally posted by romanmel

Admit it. You pulled 3/24/10 out of your twisted little mind.

Do you read ANYTHING that anyone else writes? No? I thought not.

The date is scheduled on the BBC... here's the link

news.bbc.co.uk...

Cocky ignorance + Insulting bs = romanmel

OK, read ATS "Terms and Conditions".

Your headline should then read, "Budget will be on 24 March, Darling says", nothing else.

Or maybe you think ATS Terms and Conditions doesn't apply to you.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

THE SOURCE IS THE BBC...

news.bbc.co.uk...

NO IT IS NOT

Budget will be on 24 March, Darling says

Is what the link says, no where in the article is the word doomsday.

A Budget is confirmed, the rest is speculation by you.

As my previous posts in the thread point out imho (I may be wrong) it will not be the budget that causes this and for very obvious reasons.

Personally this should go into the BTS members predictions and prophecies forum unless you change the headline/op,

Which is a pity as as said many times there is a real possibility of this happenning, and a real discussion and exploration of the triggers, likely outcome etc could be had on your thread otherwise.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizan

I dislike the word utopia since it was coined by a man who liked to burn people to death for not beleiving what he did!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
'Doomsday' has been weeks or months away for a good 3+ years now in regards to the economy of many countries. The day will come and go.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

We need to make bets,

what do the logical ones get when the day comes and NOTHING happens?

Interesting prediction but highly doubtful.

In a thousand years of history, no budget has ever failed to take place when announced, so if you want to make a crass bet that NO BUDGET will take place, I would certtainly take you up on that apart from the fact that I would know that I was taking candy from a cretin.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

I completly agree, there are enough triggers for this to be a really good discussion.. The tipping point is there, yet covered up by doomday wording..

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Ok, your TITLE SUCKS. It's totally misleading based on the facts you presented. You know your title sucks too...

I feel like your theory for spotting BS alien stories applies well to spotting BS econ predictions:

HOW TO SPOT A MADE-UP STORY

HOW TO SPOT A BULL# CHARLIE

Sadly, ATS has many lonely people who post made-up stories just to get some cheap attention.

- This confuses issues.
- Drowns out real points
- Wastes people's time

So here's some give away signs that someone is a BULL# CHARLIE...

1. His post begins with the words "PROOF THAT". This is, ironically, an oxymoron of a description.

Your thread starts with "CONFIRMED THAT..." You used confirmed instead of proof, so you changed it up a little bit, ill give ya that.

confirm:

con·firmer n. Synonyms: confirm, corroborate, substantiate, authenticate, validate, verify These verbs mean to affirm the truth, accuracy, or genuineness of something. Confirm implies removal of all doubt

There was no false flag attack on the 2010 Winter games
No terrorist attack on Nov. 9th as predicted either.

But in the end, i can still only hope you're wrong about the imminent crash you warn of.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Do you think the georgia guide stones have any significance?- en.wikipedia.org... +33 yrs, -3 = 2010. Is 3/22 too blatant?... or is that how they want it? Was the cover up of 9/11 so shoddy because they wanted it to be??

what if something like this happened

www.telegraph.co.uk...

would it cause a second recession?

There is always order out of chaos, what order is ultimately down to us!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by endlessknowledge
I think many of you are missing the real point of by focusing on OP's "confirmed" date. Yes to speculate and predict a set date for "doomsday" is a bit foolish, That being said, I think the "doom" is already here but most just can't see it. If you follow market trends and know anything about economics then you know that the numbers just don't add up and somethings fishy.

In order to keep the economy afloat UK and US governments flooded the market with newly created money supply. Supply and demand principles tell us that every time new money is printed your savings and income is diminished. That means your buying power is now less than before(known as inflation). With all this new money in supply, the value of gold should be over $2000 an ounce. To me this is a sign of a bubble that's ready to burst. When or how it happens no one can say for sure. It might not even be in one day but rather more gradual.

The point is that the system is broken and set up so that only a few can benefit at the expense of the rest. So to think nothing is going to happen and everything is peachy is more foolish than anything else. you might not see riots but you will see higher prices on everything at an unimaginable levels within the next year.

I couldn't possibly agree with this more. I really feel that the changes that are being made economically aren't necessarily through the back door; however, they're incredibly subtle. That being said, I feel that's one of the many reasons why a lot of people aren't seeing something that is staring them right in the face.

I also agree that 'doomsday' is taking it a bit too far, but the point is the fact that we can't put a concrete date on these things and expect the world to bend at a whim, if that makes sense at all. I think what should be regarded here is the fact that as you said, there is something fishy going on, and we should most certainly stay the utmost attentive. Great post, by the way.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

How can I be held accountable if you are too arrogant to read the TITLE.

The TITLE says, GLOBAL MELTDOWN > CONFIRMED THIS MORNING 24th MARCH 2010 IS DOOMSDAY.

It CLEARLY states GLOBAL MELTDOWN and if you had read ANY of it you would have seen that this is a discussion on ECONOMICS and POLITICS and SOCIAL CONSEQUENCES not on prophecy or religion.

Furthermore, my entire argument is clearly based on the concept that American obsession with looking at their own budget deficit and trying to avoid pitfall in the USA means that they have taken their eye off the ball in the UK, and, just as it did in 1987, the UK could well be the comet from the blue that will topple the world economy. There is extremely good reason to conclude that AListair Darling's budget will trigger an all-out worldwide economic collapse.

Now why don't you put your stupidity back in the cupboard and actually READ what this thread is about?

[edit on 10-3-2010 by aristocrat2]

link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

Don't think Blackjack would cause a second recession, since all out war means they control who and how people get paid and how the markets run.. Blackjack gives them what they are after, a war with someone like Iran would do the same thing.. it's all about control, and I can not see them letting the markets fail..

link   
BEFORE YOU REPLY, make every post matter.

No 1-Liners: Please do not create minimal "me too," "I agree," or similar very-short replies. (Adding "second line" to short comments doesn't count.)

No Big-Quotes: Please edit-down posts you quote to just the important parts as it greatly improves the readability of your response.

No Shorthand: Please do not use "txting" shorthand in your posts, this is an international site and many people may not understand your post.

Respect: Give credit where credit is due, please do not paste entire pieces content from other sites, privide a short salient snippet and link to the source.

State Your Case: If you're posting links to other sites or videos, please include your commentary on how the video is relevant to the discussion.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

It CLEARLY states as a TITLE...

GLOBAL MELTDOWN > Confirmed this morning: 24th MARCH 2010 IS DOOMSDAY

Are you totally illiterate?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hey OP, do you think that the UK economy is making the world stand on its feet ? That country sucks, victim of its Providence State status, and the only people to blame are the English who let this happen.
Do you think DOOMSDAY is the proper title? When I cliked on it I thought asteroid / atomic war / floodings / whatever... All I got was this lame topic about dates and economic data no one gives a damn about ( except you Britons )

Next thread, you gonna tell us that England is a police state? It's already one.
no offense

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

reply to post by romanmel

How can I be held accountable if you are too arrogant to read the TITLE.

The TITLE says, GLOBAL MELTDOWN > CONFIRMED THIS MORNING 24th MARCH @W)!) IS DOOMSDAY.

It CLEARLY states GLOBAL MELTDOWN and if you had read ANY of it you would have seen that this is a discussion on ECONOMICS and POLITICS and SOCIAL CONSEQUENCES not on prophecy or religion.

Furthermore, my entire argument is clearly based on the concept that American obsession with looking at their own budget deficit and trying to avoid pitfall in the USA means that they have taken their eye off the ball in the UK, and, just as it did in 1987, the UK could well be the comet from the blue that will topple the world economy. There is extremely good reason to conclude that AListair Darling's budget will trigger an all-out worldwide economic collapse.

Now why don't you put your stupidity back in the cupboard and actually READ what this thread is about?

I do agree this has the potential to be the comet out of the blue.. but wrapping it up in doomsday is what is getting you the %^& responses you have been getting... especially after the 100% Feb prediction, everyone just seems to want to jump on speculation..

You have a grain of truth and it is being squashed with the doomsday wording..

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Let's drop the personal jabs.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join