It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed this morning: 24th MARCH 2010 IS DOOMSDAY

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
What should I do with my money?

Well, if you truely believe that the 24th is when the world economy will crash and all heck will begin...

START MAXING OUT YOUR CREDIT CARDS!!!
Buy yourself something really cool, like a Lamborghini & party like a rock star.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Why do people continue to post this crap? Does being interested in conspiracies mean you give up all sense of reason?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
well if it happens at least I wont have to send out a mortgage payment...
But I'm not going to cancel my plans to go fishing the week after... even a bad day fishing is better that a good doomsday scenario right?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It's funny you say March 24th...

For over a year my father and I have been trying to get past the county to open up a rock mining quarry. We have delt with countless fees, hold ups, time extensions, etc. Now our final meeting is supposed to be March 14th so what does the county decide they'll do? For no apparent reason they decided to stall the meeting until March 24th... Now here I am waiting on March 24th and I see this thread pop up to my eyes.

I really hope this is just a joke because if that is the case and it ends up being the reasoning for our quarry not being certified I will just die. I have my faith though and I'll keep believing for the best.

-God bless

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I seriously doubt a collapse of the dollar will happen yet. If a massive collapse would happen, the governments would lose a lot of power in an instant.

Rather if this was "formulated," it would make much more sense for the government to do a currency transition. I personally doubt the U.S. or many countries are in a position to pull that off at the moment.

But hey, this isn't one of my strong subjects. Tell me if I'm wrong.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
What should I do with my money?
Why send it to me, of course!
While you still have it.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If you truly believe this, why wouldn't you just short the market and make a fortune?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It seems the total fear mongering threads have started backup....just in time for spring. How many threads are there now on this subject. It's March now I see.
Before it was February, then January, then Christmas.
Then we had the we are going to bomb Iran threads that was from one month to the next....guess what we still have not bombed Iran. Then recently the thread about the supposed false flag op that was going to happen at the Olympics...that did not happen as well. Planet-x,2012,end of days,solar kill shot,anti-Christ, the list is endless......doom and gloom. I am keeping true to my New Years resolution at least....I will not be sucked into this tripe anymore. It breeds negativity and anxiety. I am looking on the bright side of things from now on.Call me sheeple if you want at least I will live a long life now.

[edit on 3/10/2010 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

I agree, however, your avatar bring's me anxiety....tell him to chill....jk

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Here is my prediction, that day will come and go. Nothing even remotely close to what you say will happen.

My sources?

Experience from the past 5 years here at ATS and all the failed predictions.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Its all a scam to force the UK to accept the Euro as currency. Once this is achieved there is no turning back for the Brits.
As happened to all countries who bought into the Euro

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
hmmm, sceptical at best..th econony here is weak and maybye a tiny shift could bring it down....but i doubt that Gordons budget is going to have anything to do with it....

maybye if we see a huge corporation like General Electric go bust...and it triggers a shockwave of its contract companies collapsing we could just hit a finiancial meltdown.

lets wait and see.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by aristocrat2

The only issue I have with you is the sequence of events and outcome..

Those in power know civil unrest will happen at the point they start dipping into what remains of the workforce's pay packets to repay the bailout of their chums..

So with that in mind, do you really feel the elite will allow the situation to develop to the point where by they face civil unrest??

Do you really feel those in power will allow the markets to fail or allow themselves to be downgraded?? each of those steps creates a marked impact and further undermines the little confidence that already exists within the system and society as a whole.

Do you really feel they will risk setting the domino effect off?? one that they might not be able to control.. I assume Greece was a market test of how people will respond, they simply do not like gov reaching into their pockets to take more cash to pay their chums.. it creates a lot of resentment..

Just look at the effect the ships money had, it was one of the main causes of the English Civil war.. the Poll tax caused another.. To many civil wars/revolts circle around what people define as unfair taxes.. That is a very dangerous place to go for any gov..

Since no Gov has taken steps to turn this into a *cough* job filled recovery, and to be honest only with a viable workforce can you expect to repay the scale of bailouts they have entered into without a serious backlash, I can only assume those in the know must have another plan, a plan that aviods civil unrest.

Which in my mind can only mean some form of military bumping of heads in being planned, which is something we can clearly see being set up..

All the money printing has done is buy time to get us to this point, and I agree the 24th is potential tipping point, but I feel this tipping point is a lead up to war, the only other alternative without jobs to keep idle hands busy is civil unrest.

So do you really feel this or any gov is going to allow civil unrest to spread like a contagion through out the Western World??

[edit on 10/3/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
O no not another one of these threads again >

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Disturbingly, not even all of this is true, but there are many more concerning issues indicating a major crash is in its way.
It's illogical to think we can go on getting something for nothing in this recent stock market euforia. Like Milton Friedman said, "there's no free lunch".
Many other astonishingly worrying facts are disclosed in Chris Materson blog:
www.chrismartenson.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by aristocrat2

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by aristocrat2

no it doesnt

not even close

logartihmic charts are based on percentages. did you even know this?

are you reading this all from karl denninger and his friend tyler d?

dont waste my time (actually, i dont mind, just kidding) I would like to see you analyze a logarthimic chart and prove your thesis. without this, this is just another bunk ass thread

In late September 1985, I predicted the Tin Market would crash. My boss at GW Joynsons was angry as she said this was rubbish. I was fired, but she was so angry that, curiously, she made me work my notice period. My last day at Joynsons was, ironically 24th October 1985, the exact day that the price of tin fell by over 50%.

In January 1987, I predicted that the stock market would crash and probably in the same week that it had in 1929. I thought that I was getting my friends out of stock by a safe margin of time, but I actually only just got them out in time. And the market did crashon exactly the same week as it had in 1929.

I fulyl realise that logarithmic charts work on percentages, but as I said, some of us don't work on just the percentages but do technical analysis on the hard figures. If this was not so, how come that people like YAHOO would provide such data if all were agreed on using log charts? Your argument makes no sense.

From his other pointless thread he started....

Remember, this guy predicted the tin market collapse and the crash in the 80's etc..

hahaha what a joke this guy is, trust me he has called every major crash in the last 30 years and never loses 1 trade

If you listen to him you might as well listen to John Edwards, both are absolutely great at what they do lol

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizan
In a week or so all talk about a coming black hole apocalypse will end, and instead we'll start preparing for a mass invasion of gay aliens

Mass invasion of GAY ALIENS? AHHHHHHHH!

Sorry, but I had to laugh at that one

[edit on 3/10/2010 by Hatcookie]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The sooner the change is coming the better it is. It seems to me that Everything is happening together.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaiinguy12

Hiyah

The merit is that the date could very well be a potential tipping point (rather than doomsday itself) as it is the opening shot of the UK Election campaign..

Which going by some of the comments in Parliment today is going to a nasty one of undermining each parties polices.. Tho how nasty and how that will impact the markets is yet to be seen..

But it does have the potential to be a tipping point into another dip for the UK, I won't profess to know what panic that might cause in other markets, but the potential is there..

If Mr Soros is speculating on the Stirling at the same time, that could also create some interesting results in other markets

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join