It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

obama's approval rating falsely inflated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Let me start off by saying this is only conjecture on my part,it is something that's been nagging at me and this is what I think.

First of all with all politicians numbers in the tank obama's numbers should be much worse IMO.So what's propping them up?
He's black.So if you don't like him your a racist.Not many people want to be considered a racist.So they will never say they disapprove of him for this reason alone!They can't ,it would threaten their very identity.This gives us a very skewed perception of what's going on in Washington and gives him a false sense of righteousness.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
so the numbers are inflated because people dont want to look racist?

do you have any other proof of this.

i think they are inflated myself, but running around spouting out stuff about racism isnt really a nail in the coffin scenario.

is this just another opinion thread?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

I state in the first sentence of the post this is conjecture.

con·jec·ture (kn-jkchr) n. 1. Inference or judgment based on inconclusive or incomplete evidence; guesswork. 2. A statement, opinion, or conclusion based on guesswork: The commentators made various conjectures about the outcome of the next election. v. con·jec·tured, con·jec·tur·ing, con·jec·tures v.tr. To infer from inconclusive evidence; guess.

What are your opinions of why it's inflated?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
And they always accuse Obama supporters of "playing the race card"... :shk: What you don't realize is that the Obama detractors play it MUCH more often. When his approval is low, you whoop and holler in joy because the polls prove your position that he's a terrible president, but when they go up, you try to find an underlying reason and the first thing you land upon is his race.

I disagree with your conjecture. Polls are polls are polls. They don't normally mean a whole lot. Almost as little as his race does.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I think there are enough racists in this country that will say they disagree with him no matter what just because he is black that will balance out any (which I don't think there are many) that would always say they agree with him just because he is black.

It seems that you have a personal problem with Obama???

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

I disagree. I don't believe that the primary reason that his numbers have remained high is due to race.

The reason he's still in the mid to upper 40s in most polls is because now, he's losing people who voted for him. That will never be a quick process for the simple reason that most people hate admitting that they're wrong. Its still early in his term and the honeymoon hasn't fully worn off yet. Not only that, but there's probably around 30%, the diehards, who will *always* support him, regardless of what he does.

Give it another six months. Once the mid-term election campaigns get into full swing, I think you'll see that his approval ratings haven't found a bottom just yet.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

That makes sense and as the poster above stated there are probably as many people who will never support him because he's black,so it's probably a wash.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Well it's no secret I don't like him or what he's doing to the place I call home so,yeah I guess I take it personal.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
reply to post by mahtoosacks

I state in the first sentence of the post this is conjecture.

con·jec·ture (kn-jkchr) n. 1. Inference or judgment based on inconclusive or incomplete evidence; guesswork. 2. A statement, opinion, or conclusion based on guesswork: The commentators made various conjectures about the outcome of the next election. v. con·jec·tured, con·jec·tur·ing, con·jec·tures v.tr. To infer from inconclusive evidence; guess.

What are your opinions of why it's inflated?

my opinion is that the administration itself is inflating the numbers so they can push through what they want, and make people believe that its what everyone wants.

good ol' fashioned peer pressure.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Approval ratings inflated because during anonymous phone surveys with strangers they didn't want to appear racist by simply saying they disapproved of his performance?

I suppose that in the privacy of the ballot box 63 million people voted for him because they were afraid someone might peek over their shoulder and scream racist?

Did you see some of the signs anti-obama folks held up during the election? I don't think racists have much issue expressing their views.

Nice try though...right in keeping with all of your crazy Obama bash threads.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I don't even see a basis for a discussion here unless we know

• Which poll
  • The sample size
  • Who was asked
  • What they were asked
  • Who did the polling
  • Who sponsored it

What we have is conjecture based upon, we don't even know what. The conjecture is, the race card. So yes, I think this is a pointless thread born in ignorance and maybe not specifically designed to inflame, but that's where it's headed.

I'm no fan of the president. But I fail to see how another discussion about his race, especially based upon a so far invisible proposition, does anything worthwhile.

Not meant as a personal attack on the thread author, just an observation.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
And they always accuse Obama supporters of "playing the race card"... :shk: What you don't realize is that the Obama detractors play it MUCH more often.

So easy for you to say, but I think impossible to prove. I don't know how you get away with it. :shk:

My own experience here on ATS says quite the opposite.

You've found basically one person against obama "using the race card", but one can find MANY more pro-obama people here "using the race card" to attack people for criticizing obama and/or his policies.

We've all seen how the MSM has been promoting and protecting obama during the campaign and at least most of his first year in office. so, it wouldn't surprise me to ultimately find out that obama's approval numbers have also been inflated.

[edit on 3/10/2010 by centurion1211]

top topics

join