It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Starlings fall from the sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
EXPERTS have been left baffled by the deaths of more than a HUNDRED starlings — which rained from the sky into a woman's garden.
Nurse Julie Knight was greeted by the shocking sight — like a scene from Hitchcock's horror classic The Birds — when she returned home.

Dozens of the birds were strewn across her front garden which measures just 12 feet across with blood coming from their beaks and their feet curled.

Read more: www.thesun.co.uk...#ixzz0hma7wIXY

I'm thinking these birds were caught up in a storm cloud with the wind and and died while being carried in the wind until the storm dropped.... what do you think?

Full story: www.thesun.co.uk...

[edit on 10-3-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Why Starlings?

Where do you want to move this thread? Exrtreeme turbulence is as good an explanation as any.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

What do you mean when you say 'why starlings?'

I'm not sure what you mean there... yeh could have been caught in the turbulence of a plane or even helicopter blades but wouldn't they have been chopped up in helicopter blades? Plane then or something else caused it...

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
When I lived in the city I have, and my neighbors have, found dead starlings in our yards. I assumed they were poisoned because the European starling is an invasive species in the U.S. and has a habit of tearing into your garbage bags to eat food scraps. It is a noisy, slimy, over populating, trash eating nuisance that would roost in huge flocks (usually in a tree above your car). So naturally I thought it was poison, but I wouldn't rule out some bird flu or other disease.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

could have been caught in the turbulence of a plane or even helicopter blades but wouldn't they have been chopped up in helicopter blades?

As opposed to being a bird that is indigenous to tornado alley.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'm guessing poison although there would need to be a big food source available for 100 or more birds to feast on at same time.
could of been an invisible ufo they ran into as well for all I know.

poor birds.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It is pretty interesting as its not something that happens (That i know of) much here in the UK,

And i assume if it has left experts baffled by these happenings that they have looked in to the basic causes of such a thing,

It will be interesting to see what turns out to be the cause as im sure they are going to run some tests,

We have had a bad winter here so im wondering if there eating different things than what they are used to due to our budding being late this year already,

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This was already posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Use search to check next time.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Not from another great source but some more pics:

Certainly odd - the article on the mail goes into a bit more details.
www.dailymail.co.uk...">link

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Them damn chemtrails, yo.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

As the other one is in breaking news its ok to have another topic on the boards,

Asala, x

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The cause?
Definetly a weather related Phenomena.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I live in the county where these birds have died and whether this could be related or not I dont know but there have been reports of unidentified orange lights in the sky (my wife and I both witnessed this for ourselves last week).

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
If i had to go out on a limb i would put it down to pesticide from a field they all ate at. Or maybe a poisonouse gas in the air as a previouse poster said.

I dont think its aliens because they've never done anything like this before as far as i know. I think the resulting examination will turn up same boring reason.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
They probably hit a cloaked spaceship.

No seriously. I truly believe the very advanced ships can cloak and hide in plain view.

Many that are invisible to the human eye have been filmed in the infrared spectrum.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

I didn't see the thread you are chatting about so i thought i'd start one... anyway as Asala says 'the other one is in news' forum... this could be something to do with the fragile earth so i posted it here

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticantiseptic

I believe it's more weather related than a UFO... like i said in OP a possible storm has picked them up (a Tornado) and then carried them along in the clouds until it spat them out... they fell a few thousand feet further along....

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I remember a few years ago when a street in downtown Austin Texas had hundreds of dead birds. I could be wrong but I think it was on Congress Avenue which starts in front of the Capital and goes to Town Lake. It was supposed to be investigated but I never heard anything about it.

top topics

join