It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare 'solar corona' caught on camera

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This is one of the most beautiful pictures I have seen, as well as an excellent example of what the "plasma gas atmosphere" of the sun looks like.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/11a7b4eb4491.jpg[/atsimg]

The elusive 'solar corona' - a plasma gas atmosphere around the sun where temperatures reach two million degrees - visible only during a total eclipse, has been captured on camera. The pictures were taken during an eclipse over the isolated Marshall Islands, near Papua New Guinea in the Pacific Ocean.

From this article: Rare 'solar corona' caught on camera

Professor Miloslav Druckmuller, 56, who took the pictures, said: ''Even though the reason for taking the photographs was science, the result shows the enormous beauty of nature.

Well Professor, I couldn't agree with you more! This pic instantly made my wallpaper. I would love to see what space, or naturaly beautiful pics you may have, feel free to post here!

-E-

[edit on 10-3-2010 by MysterE]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
...I can't see anything...

The stupid moon is in the way!

Lol just kidding, it's like seeing the SOHO images in a really really well defined way, man I wish I could of been there!!

I got to plan a trip..... I know at least this year there's a solar eclipse on my birthday! Wonder where though... ?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
That is impressive!

Our nuclear reactor is beautiful

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Great pic of the solar corona.
Can also see the not so colourless moon.

new topics

top topics

join