It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gendercide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I knew that this is happening but i never thought that it actually had a name...

Gendercide, the war on baby girls

For those who oppose abortion, this is mass murder. For those such as this newspaper, who think abortion should be “safe, legal and rare” (to use Bill Clinton’s phrase), a lot depends on the circumstances, but the cumulative consequence for societies of such individual actions is catastrophic.

the destruction of baby girls is a product of three forces: the ancient preference for sons; a modern desire for smaller families; and ultrasound scanning and other technologies that identify the sex of a fetus.

So not poverty, 1-child policy or poor education are the reason!! A $12,- ultrasound scan seems to be the main reason....

In China the imbalance between the sexes was 108 boys to 100 girls for the generation born in the late 1980s; for the generation of the early 2000s, it was 124 to 100. In some Chinese provinces the ratio is an unprecedented 130 to 100.

And what will this bring you??

Crime rates, bride trafficking, sexual violence, even female suicide rates are all rising and will rise further as the lopsided generations reach their maturity

I used to be a okay with the concept of child abortion but when i see where it is leading to, I think it is time that i re-think this presumption...

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
This isn't a problem inherent in abortion. It's a cultural bias, one which doesn't affect (many) other nations as it does China.

Opposition to China's iron-fisted 'one child' policy, and its egregiously sexist traditional values, does not form a sound philosophical basis for opposing abortion. Women in every nation deserve safe, legal, and ready access to abortion; they will seek out abortions regardless of their safety and legality. Banning them would have traumatic effects on women's health wherever such a ban was implemented, and would badly exacerbate the problem of our already exponentially skyrocketing population, especially in nations like China.

If you are worried about crime rates, which seems worse-- a nation with 1.6 billion males and 1.4 billion females, or a nation with three billion of each? Starvation, violence, chaos, and eventual social collapse would inevitably result, and rapidly spread to the rest of the globe.

Nearly every argument I hear against abortion is religious or moral in nature, and these overlook the well-being of women, individual liberty, and the planet's future in their "moral" calculations. Instead, almost without exception, they draw their priorities from one bronze age religion or another.

Those few arguments which come from secular points of view still manage to cling to the authoritarian principle that one individual's opinion should trump that of another, for no good reason other than that the first person is unwilling to countenance the existence of ideas or acts contrary to their desire-- the ultimate in selfishness. The political Left in America believes that each American woman should be able to make their own decisions as regards childbirth and abortion. The Right insists staunchly that a board of five hundred and thirty-five politicians (and specifically, the roughly half of them who believe in banning abortion entirely) should make the decision for her.

It is not that I believe abortion is positive. I simply believe that the decision to bear a child or have an abortion lies solely and entirely with the pregnant woman. This is America; our Constitution was intended to guarantee equality and liberty of an extreme unprecedented in its time by any other government. To interpret or apply it as being restrictive of any personal freedom this significant is disgustingly cynical.

If you are morally opposed to abortions, do not have an abortion. But no person has the right to decide for another-- whether that other is their partner, a friend or family member, or someone over whom one has governmental authority-- whether or not they are to bring into the world, and be responsible for, another human life.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Imo in a few years China's economy will collapse because they won't be able to sustain and replace their current labour force. "Gendercide" will bite them on the arse eventually.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by The Parallelogram

Well that's the whole problem Parallelogram,

I am all for the freedom of choice and i have always supported abotion but i think we are missing the bigger picture here..

What you say is all true...but the problem is with people agreeing with you that there are to much people in the world.

But because of the miracle of modern science we are now able to know what we can expect and take appropriate action. For a $12,- scan you can take control over, what actually should be, natural balance's thing..(know what i'm saying?)

What i am saying is, it's alright to choose between having and not having a child but it not okay to design it....

We are seriously scr*wing up some kind of balance, I am sure!!

Peace

[edit on 10-3-2010 by operation mindcrime]

new topics

top topics

join