It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi: we have to pass the health care bill so that you can find out what is in it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
So this is how it works now:

Who needs to actually read a bill before they pass it?

Much less let the American people read it, and have any say whatsoever?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Is she that Daft.

To stand up with a smile and say such idiotic things.

How in the hell do people vote such stupid people in?

I think we are living in a new time...a new paradigm...the stupid generation.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

lol! Welcome to 21st century America! where the chronically stupid lead the willfully blind.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Haha! I actually laughed out loud when I said that. I could totally see her saying that, then the VIDEO! I can't believe that, I don't think America is really that dumb, they'll see past that.
REALLY? People want to KNOW about something before they sign up for it! She's really just helping the cause, making us realize they're just playing with us.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
LOL, is that taken out of context?

If not, what the cluck?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

anybody who looks in her eyes and sees a person is 'mentally THERE' is lying to themselves. there is something wrong with her. not even speaking as a partisan. her own words impeach her sanity everyday. i just hope that she gets help, perhaps take a break from her work, so that we don't have a full blown psycho running things in the house.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I think what she is getting at, is that the bill is constantly changing because there are different versions as far as I know. And that is stuck somewhere in the house? I'm not sure. (I'm Aussie)

It's been on the agenda for nearly a year now and it seems to be stalled. I don't know why they haven't passed it already. They keep blaming the Republicans but I don't think that's true.

There is alot of messing around with this.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

What do you expect from these people? They have already told us they dont care what we think there going to pass the health care bill if we like it or not..

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dookzor
LOL, is that taken out of context?

Well, here is the context, from the Speaker's website:

“You’ve heard about the controversies within the bill, the process about the bill, one or the other. But I don’t know if you have heard that it is legislation for the future, not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America, where preventive care is not something that you have to pay a deductible for or out of pocket. Prevention, prevention, prevention—it’s about diet, not diabetes. It’s going to be very, very exciting.

“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy. Furthermore, we believe that health care reform, again I said at the beginning of my remarks, that we sent the three pillars that the President’s economic stabilization and job creation initiatives were education and innovation—innovation begins in the classroom—clean energy and climate, addressing the climate issues in an innovative way to keep us number one and competitive in the world with the new technology, and the third, first among equals I may say, is health care, health insurance reform. Health insurance reform is about jobs. This legislation alone will create 4 million jobs, about 400,000 jobs very soon.

You decide...

www.speaker.gov...

So because there is controversy, they must pass it in secret?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
It hasn't passed because the bill is pure BS and even some Democrats won't vote for it. They keep going and it won't be too long before some of those protests have people with pitchforks, torches and ropes. I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you want to improve healthcare and reduce costs, get Government out of it.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I am sick of listening to the Congressional leadership repeatedly informing the American people how they are going to ram this unwanted piece of crap bill up our collective poo chutes.

If your going to A55 cluck us, just A55 cluck us and get it over with!

Please Ms. Pelosi, shut the hell up and do it.

I just hope that somehow, some way, some time (sooner the better) we can do something similar to you and your ilk!

EDIT to add:
Please read this in a metaphorical sense.

I don't want to be accused of urging people to return the favor literally!

[edit on 10-3-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Folks, this is what I refer to as the moronification of a nation! This is one of our "leaders" who was duly elected by her constituents. I believe it speaks volumes for the masses who continue to vote for her and others like her.

Sadly, there is absolutely no cure for stupid!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Sadly, there is absolutely no cure for stupid!

Yes there is. It's just a matter of what caliber.

new topics

top topics

join