It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belief in ancient Gods

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
the gods of old were apart of the consortium known as the "elohim" in reference to the torah. there is a satanic website that deals to some extent about these many "gods." i can u2u it, if you want to know. it actually is pretty enlightening, but i am not a satanist. it's just insane how as i read it life began to be stitched at the seams. i just won't post it for personal reasons.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gvret
Thanks byrd, great list. It is amazing though to know that the ancient beliefs are still in existence today. How accurate though would they be in comparison with the original ancient ones?

Often not very accurate at all. The modern revival of "Druidism" is based on a collection of guesses and misinformation. Most of the junk traces back to accounts of Druids written by Pliny the Elder.

Many spiritualists/neo-pagans/wiccans/whatever treat religion like a buffet, picking and choosing the bits that appeal to them from folklore, history and pure fanciful whim.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I love that there are you folks out there that think and feel similar to the way that I do. My chest physically hurts at times, when I think ( or remember) of the old ways that have been lost. Our lives are so damned disconnected, and there's really no way to fix this. It just is. The gods need to be remembered .
Especially the Goddess(s).. Earth mamma has been disowned by most of her children. How sad. How very, very sad it is!

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I love that there are you folks out there that think and feel similar to the way that I do. My chest physically hurts at times, when I think ( or remember) of the old ways that have been lost. Our lives are so damned disconnected, and there's really no way to fix this. It just is. The gods need to be remembered .
Especially the Goddess(s).. Earth mamma has been disowned by most of her children. How sad. How very, very sad it is!

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The USA's largest group of white supremacists believe in Valhalla and the Viking gods. Many think they're going to "Valhalla" when they die.

The concept of a Creator is logical, but it's really amazing that people continue to believe in "gods" that fell away thousands of years ago when the civilizations that founded these believes were destroyed.

Such "gods" as Baal, Thor, Kukulkan, Mercury, Ra - or what have you - were created by people of bygone authority as a means of keeping their peoples in line.

The prevailing belief of the three major religions of today involve one
Creator, based upon logic, experiences and the resultant faith.

So why do a few continue to accept the discarded beliefs? I think, but I'm not absolutely certain, that those people find the idea of such gods exciting. Some people actually believe Robin Hood and King Arthur were real, so it shouldn't be too surprising to find some who will accept gods worshiped by ancient, exotic societies. (I was just reminded that some people still believe in the ancient Greek land of the Amazons, a story made up by an ancient writer.)

www.onealclan.com (Torah Code site)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join